OFFICIAL Adam Doueihi #227

Doueihi's passion and fire in the guts is plain to see. You need your captain to have that, to drive his teammates to do better and push harder.
Not many players in our team seem to have that obvious passion, if in fact any from an outsider's POV.
 
@elleryhanley said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354069) said:
Finally someone has actually said it...Tamou may be struggling a bit on the field, but it is clear he knows what we need to do / is a leader.

Tamou can see Brooks just does not have the personality / footy IQ to lead a team. AD does...

All off season we heard it would be "Brooks' team with Marshall gone", but anyone who saw Brooksy's interviews when asked about it could tell it would not work out..."umm, yeah, ummm, yeah, I need to, ummm, take control, ummm, yeah, sort of, umm, lead them around. Yeah, ummm...".

Not knocking him, but Brooksy does not have the personality of your typical dominant 7. He is the polar opposite of a Cronk / Johns / Thurstson / most successful 7s.

Brooks is better just playing a role...run, run, run, kick for corners, back up your bigs through the middle...

Hopefully Daine works on his support play as well, he will be a massive threat once he starts running in support of the big fella's ala Hodgo.
 
@fade-to-black said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354070) said:
Doueihi's passion and fire in the guts is plain to see. You need your captain to have that, to drive his teammates to do better and push harder.
Not many players in our team seem to have that obvious passion, if in fact any from an outsider's POV.

Cini showed more passion than 90% of them on Sunday.
 
@newtown said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354037) said:
@blake said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354034) said:
Doueihi has passion and determination and will make a great captain but he is still very young and has only just made the 5/8 position his own.
He needs to work on his own game first, mix it up a bit more with early ball to the centre or 2nd rower and a chip over the top or grubber in behind. He also has some room to improve in defence.

He will be a great captain in a few years, we shouldn't crush him just yet.

A captain doesn't need to be the best player on the field. His main assest would be to inspire and fire up his players on the field.

I think he already has enough to worry about.
 
Yes please, make him 7 and Brooks 6 even just for mental reasons (for one of them).
They can still mix first and second receiver if needed however there is no reason Douehi can't be a 7, he can still take the line on up the middle with tiring forwards, which will engage them leaving bigger holes on the edges, better kicking game, more vocal/passionate as described

I think this is the only way we can unlock Brooks past potential
 
Tamou takes over from Mbye as captain of the team
Mbye is rumoured to be on the out
Douiehi takes over from Brooks as the leader on the field
And ?
 
Was at the game and watched AD closely (have always been interested in his development).

What stood out to me most to the point where it was visibly obvious - towards the end of the game he was sucking in the big ones, looked genuinely exhausted - but the very next play would back it up with a big break, good line speed or barking orders to take control of the set.

When we win he is always one of the most animated and when we lose he is always distressed. That is future captains material - leaving it all on the field and playing with passion for the jersey. It contagious and I know if I was a player that's who I would go to war with.
 
@tigervinnie said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354083) said:
Was at the game and watched AD closely (have always been interested in his development).

What stood out to me most to the point where it was visibly obvious - towards the end of the game he was sucking in the big ones, looked genuinely exhausted - but the very next play would back it up with a big break, good line speed or barking orders to take control of the set.

When we win he is always one of the most animated and when we lose he is always distressed. That is future captains material - leaving it all on the field and playing with passion for the jersey. It contagious and I know if I was a player that's who I would go to war with.

Yep. Very much like Farah IMO
 
@cairnstigers said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354078) said:
Tamou takes over from Mbye as captain of the team
Mbye is rumoured to be on the out
Douiehi takes over from Brooks as the leader on the field
And ?

Brooks extended for 4 years....Its Wests remember.
 
@tigervinnie said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354083) said:
Was at the game and watched AD closely (have always been interested in his development).

What stood out to me most to the point where it was visibly obvious - towards the end of the game he was sucking in the big ones, looked genuinely exhausted - but the very next play would back it up with a big break, good line speed or barking orders to take control of the set.

When we win he is always one of the most animated and when we lose he is always distressed. That is future captains material - leaving it all on the field and playing with passion for the jersey. It contagious and I know if I was a player that's who I would go to war with.

I wasn’t at the game but I watched it on Fox
And I agree, he was spent but he never stopped.

That’s what it means, when Madge asks players to play for each other.

AD led by example
I loved what he did at Fullback, when he filled in at centre against Manly.
Young but powerful and determined.

Can not teach passion for the jersey and Adam has it.
 
@blake said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354034) said:
Doueihi has passion and determination and will make a great captain but he is still very young and has only just made the 5/8 position his own.
He needs to work on his own game first, mix it up a bit more with early ball to the centre or 2nd rower and a chip over the top or grubber in behind. He also has some room to improve in defence.

He will be a great captain in a few years, we shouldn't crush him just yet.

Douehi and Laurie will be very very good next year. They are still extremely young and inexperienced and are already leading the side. Simpkin probably 2-3 years away from being really up to it. Liddle actually to my eye looks a different player since being dropped. He looks extremely confident and I really think he might still become quite a good NRL 9. He is still inexperienced and probably coming to terms with the week in week out. Needs to get his body and fitness right and he will be fine.
 
@love_the_weststigers said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354151) said:
@tigervinnie said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354083) said:
Was at the game and watched AD closely (have always been interested in his development).

What stood out to me most to the point where it was visibly obvious - towards the end of the game he was sucking in the big ones, looked genuinely exhausted - but the very next play would back it up with a big break, good line speed or barking orders to take control of the set.

When we win he is always one of the most animated and when we lose he is always distressed. That is future captains material - leaving it all on the field and playing with passion for the jersey. It contagious and I know if I was a player that's who I would go to war with.

I wasn’t at the game but I watched it on Fox
And I agree, he was spent but he never stopped.

That’s what it means, when Madge asks players to play for each other.

AD led by example
I loved what he did at Fullback, when he filled in at centre against Manly.
Young but powerful and determined.

Can not teach passion for the jersey and Adam has it.

Honestly the side look like they are responding as best they can. They care about each other and the coach. The more Cini's we can bring in with good attitudes and to give the other boys someone to rally around the better. The spirit is there, they just need to build systems and execute.

Still entirely unsold on Maguire as a tactician though.
 
@sco77y said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354075) said:
@fade-to-black said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354070) said:
Doueihi's passion and fire in the guts is plain to see. You need your captain to have that, to drive his teammates to do better and push harder.
Not many players in our team seem to have that obvious passion, if in fact any from an outsider's POV.

Cini showed more passion than 90% of them on Sunday.

The enthusiasm he displayed must be a great reminder to his older, maybe more cynical, team mates about why they play the game. It's fun, have fun and play to win.
 
This forum is disappointing sometimes. This article screams out the value of adding a James Tamou, I love the fact he is talking about accountability and developing our young leaders, Adam Doueihi is the obvious next captain. Instead it’s just another bash the halfback thread.
 
@bagnf05 said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354307) said:
This forum is disappointing sometimes. This article screams out the value of adding a James Tamou, I love the fact he is talking about accountability and developing our young leaders, Adam Doueihi is the obvious next captain. Instead it’s just another bash the halfback thread.

It was something I really liked about Tamou last year at Penrith, he was always talking up the younger players. I like leaders that develop leadership skills in others and he seems to thrive on that.
 
@tig_prmz said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354375) said:
I don't disagree but I don't agree with saying this stuff out in the media.

Yeah, I agree. Tigers need to learn to shut up about this sort of stuff. Puffy, embarrassing, bloated words after 1 win as if a solution has been found when in fact nothing has happened. That said, I agree with everything he said about Doueihi. He should be made captain next year and I think he has the qualities to make him a really special one if we can avoid making him settle for mediocrity like the rest of our crew.
 
@tiger-tragic said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354341) said:
@tiger_fanatic3 said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354032) said:
Winning games, climbing the ladder and being a successful club is all it matters. Just do whatever it takes boys.

While we are all celebrating the debut of Zac Cini, it was also the debut of Robbie Farah as the official blue shirt guy (not sure what the officail title is). Both Zac and Robbie are 1 from 1. Hope it continues for both of them ....and us!!

![72E93A49-45D9-4C1F-8EE6-718A9A77B76B.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1620126855544-72e93a49-45d9-4c1f-8ee6-718a9a77b76b.jpeg)
 
@hobbo1 said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354382) said:
@tiger-tragic said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354341) said:
@tiger_fanatic3 said in [Tigers need to be Doueihi's team: Tamou](/post/1354032) said:
Winning games, climbing the ladder and being a successful club is all it matters. Just do whatever it takes boys.

While we are all celebrating the debut of Zac Cini, it was also the debut of Robbie Farah as the official blue shirt guy (not sure what the officail title is). Both Zac and Robbie are 1 from 1. Hope it continues for both of them ....and us!!

![72E93A49-45D9-4C1F-8EE6-718A9A77B76B.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1620126855544-72e93a49-45d9-4c1f-8ee6-718a9a77b76b.jpeg)


I would hate getting a spray from him if I didn't chase a break and was stuck behind the posts with him for 2 minutes.

"No water for you. "
 

Latest posts

Staff online

Back
Top