Adam Doueihi #227

I like AD, and hope he does well this year, I just can’t get over the moment in the game last year when we were getting smashed and instead of getting back in the line and defending, he strolled over to pick up his mouth guard with not a care in the world. Not angry, just disappointed.

The other query I have which is to do with the dogs, is that they are signing up all these players supposedly to pick and choose who they register later…. What happens with the guys that have signed and are not wanted at the end of the day…?

I like the way AD comes across and his desire to be a leader. The reported $ he is asking for and engagement with other clubs directly is just white noise.

Adam has several issues that he needs to work on to be here in 2024.

1. Attitude. While he has produced glimpses of his ability it has been inconsistent. There are times in games where it appears that he is so hungry for the ball and he stings in defence - then he fades away. His defence at times has been inept (doesn't matter which year you pick) and that is very much related to attitude.
2. Passing game. His passing game needs a shit tin of improvement. He has the strength to run over or through the opposition - but his ability to pull in a defender with his hands and force an overlap is about on par with a quality A grader.
3. Kicking game. His high spiraling bombs can be great - but he has little control over them. Some are brilliant - some just don't go where they are needed. We can get away with it because there is usually time to get around where it will land.
4. Leadership. If AD is to stay he needs to become a leader. Leadership is a bit about what happens off the field (and the reports I have heard/read are very positive) and a lot about what happens on the field. It is linked to attitude. He needs to lead by his actions. Not when he feels like it, but, when he is totally shagged; when things are going poorly; and when those around him need inspiration.

To me AD is a work in progress. He has some talent; but just isn't there yet. I trust that this off season, under Sheens and Benji, Adam can develop his attacking and kicking skills and it finally clicks for him that attitude and leadership is the foundation that football careers are built upon.

I'm keen as mustard to see him succeed. I have my doubts based on his past performances; however, we probably have the right coaching staff to develop him into the player that we need and he deserves to be.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Last edited:
I like the way AD comes across and his desire to be a leader. The reported $ he is asking for and engagement with other clubs directly is just white noise.

Adam has several issues that he needs to work on to be here in 2024.

1. Attitude. While he has produced glimpses of his ability it has been inconsistent. There are times in games where it appears that he is so hungry for the ball and he stings in defence - then he fades away. His defence at times has been inept (doesn't matter which year you pick) and that is very much related to attitude.
2. Passing game. His passing game needs a shit tin of improvement. He has the strength to run over or through the opposition - but his ability to pull in a defender with his hands and force an overlap is about on par with a quality A grader.
3. Kicking game. His high spiraling bombs can be great - but he has little control over them. Some are brilliant - some just don't go where they are needed. We can get away with it because there is usually time to get around where it will land.
4. Leadership. If AD is to stay he needs to become a leader. Leadership is a bit about what happens off the field (and the reports I have heard/read are very positive) and a lot about what happens on the field. It is linked to attitude. He needs to lead by his actions. Not when he feels like it, but, when he is totally shagged; when things are going poorly; and when those around him need inspiration.

To me AD is a work in progress. He has some talent; but just isn't there yet. I trust that this off season, under Sheens and Benji, Adam can develop his attacking and kicking skills and it finally clicks for him that attitude and leadership is the foundation that football careers are built upon.

I'm keen as mustard to see him succeed. I have my doubts based on his past performances; however, we probably have the right coaching staff to develop him into the player that we need and he deserves to be.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls
I think he kind of suffers from the fact his flaws are obvious when watching from TV and always there witch makes it that much more frustrating to watch, whereas brooks main flaws of not being a organiser and some panicked decision making are either not apparent from the tv or less constant and easier to ignore if your being charitable to him(when u death ride him like half the sub those moments stick out more tho)

The latest update from the POM sounds like he is on the outer. That can all change if he starts performing.

It doesn't sound like the club is going to offer him anywhere near what he wants.

The latest update from the POM sounds like he is on the outer. That can all change if he starts performing.

It doesn't sound like the club is going to offer him anywhere near what he wants.
Agree.

No amount of turnaround in form will change the value WTs place on him.

Marshall, as one of the great 5/8s, would know exactly he's worth.

Last edited:
Moses and herbie along with our forward pack is title contenders stuff.
Moses, AD and Herbie... stop it now, sit down Cobar, breathe....
I still want AD, he's quality but 900k, meh.

1. Herbie F
2. Nofo
3. Naden
4. J Feledy / Starford / AJ kepoa
5. Ken M / Staines
6. Brooks
7. Moses

lose
AD
Laurie

I like him but that money could be better spend elsewhere. I reckon if someone was offering close to that money he would have already signed elsewhere as well.
The article which advised Marshall had the reigns on recruitment mentioned "value for money".

Marshall and Farah I'm pretty sure could have left to take up better offers and also delayed some of their $ to assist the club. You would believe part of the new 'culture' both are attempting to build would be to expect players to make a similar gesture eg Brooks if he stays.

If the Moses rumours turn out to be on the money, I hope Doueihi gets some clarity and focuses on the centre position. I think he could be one of the elite centers in the game.

Ask him about Brooks tanking against the Dogs last year. Jedi will go strangely silent as per usual
sure he wanted madge gone more than likely
Reality is Brokks is here Hastings is not, Newcastle number 7 jerseys that way.
For 2023 he is the best option at 7 for Tigers, 2024 hopefully we get Moses.
Douhie is not the answer at 6 in 2024 for the club, not saying he may not be the answer at centre or lock but he has an issue with defence. Long term 2024 Brooks is the answer at 6 for the Tigers.

Back