Jedi_Tiger
Well-known member
he would go well as a 6 in ESL
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Adam didn't want to play centre. He tried to shop himself around as a 6,... but that didn't work out.In a team where we almost universally bemoan the lack of good impact from our centres, it is a little funny watching everyone want to take potentially the most natural centre we have & make him a backrower because we are all internet doctors, writing off his physical abilities due to injuries we are all, clearly, experts in.
Ok, fair play to ya. I guess I’m being a little hasty considering we’re stuck with him for the rest of the year. But he starts in reggies. If he can cut it in any position in reggies then give him another crack, bcoz I don’t reckon we’re gunna be fighting for top 8 anyway. But I’d be telling him “you have no contract beyond this year unless you make it back to NRL through reggies and even the it’s one year extension only. I to reckon he’s either a srf or centre, but he needs to bulk up or speed up depending on which position he goes with, and his D, especially his commitment to tackling, really needs to improve. Also his injury faking cramps when he drops a ball or misses a tackle has soccer written all over it. He is not fooling anyone ask Gamble. There was a poster who had a really good term for AD’s injury faking cramps but I can’t remember it. If he’s reading this please remind me. Anyway I’m a not a fan anymore, and I jump on early with old mate @Demps but unlike Dempsy I jumped off a while back when I seen him doing his best impersonation of a turnstile under the posts.I'm not against cutting him, but there is no reason to make that decision now. He is not going to command what he is on now again, not next year anyway. He will cost about 300k I'd say, that isn't going to make a difference to our signings for next year. He has the backend of the year to show if he is worth keeping at a reduced rate. We haven't had many players that can make a break out of nothing and Doueihi can, so why rush the decision. He may just mature into a very good backrower if Benji decides to try it.
I've been highly critical of the heart he has shown at times, but IMO he carries the ball stronger then any backrower we have, so let's wait and see.
I personally don't want him at lock. He is a hole runner with a bit of skill. Edge backrow only.
In a team where we almost universally bemoan the lack of good impact from our centres, it is a little funny watching everyone want to take potentially the most natural centre we have & make him a backrower because we are all internet doctors, writing off his physical abilities due to injuries we are all, clearly, experts in.
You obviously didn't read the full thread. I previously mentioned he's on our books this year and questioned how do we get the best out of him. I believe it's at 13 or 14.Douehi is a long way from the calibre of those players. He’s a lazy bludger who hopes someone else will do the job so he’ll be on the end of a win. Those players were do’ers. But the fact that you’re happy with 83% says to me that you and I have two very different expectations on what is an acceptable standard. Douehi needs to be cut asap so a player worthy of a top 30 spot can be added to the roster. Hopefully he gets a gig elsewhere so he can ruin someone else’s roster for a while.
I reckon with all the young blokes coming through the team needs blokes that know and can play their position not another project player trying to resurrect his career learning a new position his heart really isn’t into. But I do agree there’s no reason a bloke with his size and skill set can’t make a go of srf. It’s his D and he doesn’t seem to be able to exert that size he has onto the opponent. Fix that and his bludging mentality and maybe you get a NRL player back. His next few months are most important for his future.For me he isn't a natural centre. His skillset is more adaptable to closer in. His speed over 20 metres is the equivalent of a mobile backrower and his defensive decisions are questionable outwide. Usually those decisions are a little easier the closer in you are.
🤣🤪🤣You obviously didn't read the full thread. I previously mentioned he's on our books this year and questioned how do we get the best out of him. I believe it's at 13 or 14.
Well done Buttface! You've lived up to your name.
Adam is young, he's 25. I think what none of us understand is the impact that 3 ACL injuries and almost 2.5 years (cumulative) out of the game has on your mental fortitude and strength.I reckon with all the young blokes coming through the team needs blokes that know and can play their position not another project player trying to resurrect his career learning a new position his heart really isn’t into. But I do agree there’s no reason a bloke with his size and skill set can’t make a go of srf. It’s his D and he doesn’t seem to be able to exert that size he has onto the opponent. Fix that and his bludging mentality and maybe you get a NRL player back. His next few months are most important for his future.
All good mate!🤣🤪🤣
Hell no, I just jumped in the middle this time and started woffling on. Ya got me. 😜 Fair call. See my replies to @king_sirro and I should have linked you in on bcoz I was sorta replying with you in mind/convo. No offence intended hey.
I reckon he’s possibly more a srf, but is definitely another project player trying to learn how to play quality footy and a new position. And does our team need that? But he does have the rest of the year to prove me wrong. I think we can all agree that FB and 5/8 are not his position.
Straight to 14? No reggies to work on a position he has never played before?Adam is young, he's 25. I think what none of us understand is the impact that 3 ACL injuries and almost 2.5 years (cumulative) out of the game has on your mental fortitude and strength.
But it looks like he's ready, so 14 would be the best place to start.
Straight to 14? No reggies to work on a position he has never played before?
In 2024...Unless that translates to on field performance(and it hasnt for 3 years now)...his best recourse is to buy a signed jersey..He has demonstrated loyalty... hasn't he?
..and paid accordingly as a 14.Adam is young, he's 25. I think what none of us understand is the impact that 3 ACL injuries and almost 2.5 years (cumulative) out of the game has on your mental fortitude and strength.
But it looks like he's ready, so 14 would be the best place to start.
Is he?Bag him all you like but he’s a first grader and we don’t have many of those.
He won’t play much NSW Cup. No idea what position he plays in the NRL team but he’ll be there somewhere.
100% agreed, I hate this "he has demonstrated loyality".In 2024...Unless that translates to on field performance(and it hasnt for 3 years now)...his best recourse is to buy a signed jersey..
Hate the way he dogged it in defence last year..we need to rid ourselves of non goers
Don't get me wrong I was shocked that he was signed on for another year. If he doesn't do something special when he comes back he'll be playing ESL...and paid accordingly as a 14.
Im ok to upside him on his performances if they happen,but atm hes wearing out our rehab,and uncomitterd in defence in the rare times he is on the field
Exactly the role model we dont need
AD would be the best centre we have.
Olam has become Jimmy the Jet part 2, only ever touching the
We literally watched him run down Tommy T a week prior to his knee injury.Just because you might be better than Toa and Naden .…this is no claim to fame…
he was so slow that you could time him with a sun dial BEFORE the latest injury..
I shudder to think how slow he might be now … he would be picked on all game in the centers ..
But if he wants to “prove it“..on a train and trial contract next year and come through the Reggie’s … then sure … he owes them given how much money they have paid him to sit on the sidelines over the years ..
I had an epiphany at the gym before. Thinking about what @Demps said the club views AD as an outside back now & the high regard Richo apparently has for him, I reckon he'll be given a chance to become our next Asu Kepaoa.We literally watched him run down Tommy T a week prior to his knee injury.
It's amazing how distorted the truth can become.