Adam Doueihi #227

Just because you might be better than Toa and Naden .…this is no claim to fame…

he was so slow that you could time him with a sun dial BEFORE the latest injury..

I shudder to think how slow he might be now … he would be picked on all game in the centers ..

But if he wants to “prove it“..on a train and trial contract next year and come through the Reggie’s … then sure … he owes them given how much money they have paid him to sit on the sidelines over the years ..
We literally watched him run down Tommy T a week prior to his knee injury.

It's amazing how distorted the truth can become.

We literally watched him run down Tommy T a week prior to his knee injury.

It's amazing how distorted the truth can become.
I had an epiphany at the gym before. Thinking about what @Demps said the club views AD as an outside back now & the high regard Richo apparently has for him, I reckon he'll be given a chance to become our next Asu Kepaoa.

Not in the low IQ or flipper hands variety but as our centre/backrow utility in the bench. We lacked that player on the weekend when T'oa went off & Bateman showed he's a yard short.

We may see AD in the centres for the rest of this season to see if his body & speed is up to it then bulk up a bit in the off-season and focus on his D in the pre-season.

If iPap cements lock with Bateman & Fainu on the edges then we need a backup backrower so maybe this is AD's calling. He could also be used as a roaming lock off the bench too to give iPap a rest.

Doueihi staying is a flip of a coin option for me at a much reduced base price with some incentives, and a definite gone on current dollars.

The guy undoubtedly has talent and can be very damaging post contact, along with offloading on an edge through his rangy yet muscular frame, and even ran down a break once as mentioned above, with emphasis on the once. He has the ability to put players through space, though he throws his ridiculous cut-out pass to stuff up overlaps at least as often.

The trouble is he can also be a lazy disinterested [This word has been automatically removed]er at marker and in the defensive line, not putting his considerable physical presence to use and if he ever again does something like leaving the defensive line short by running back to get his mouthguard, hooked and goodbye.

Always found it interesting that at one stage AD was being touted as a future captain. I think we’ll keep him and give him a season or two ( in whatever grade) to see if he can contribute. But he won’t( shouldn’t) be offered anywhere near the money he’s currently on.

Always found it interesting that at one stage AD was being touted as a future captain. I think we’ll keep him and give him a season or two ( in whatever grade) to see if he can contribute. But he won’t( shouldn’t) be offered anywhere near the money he’s currently on.
Same as Stefano,

Future cap and now he's possible off to a new club.

It's all business.

What? You said Olam can tackle and I said not lately
We haven't seen his best yet at the Tigers hey

Once they realise what a weapon he is, hopefully they start passing him the ball.

Furthmore, loved his tackle on Lomax earlier in the season - floored him.

Douihei should move on to a stronger club as a 14: covers fullback, halves and centre.

Latest posts

Back