AFL - Yay or Nay

Do you like AFL?

• Yay

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 23 53.5%

• Total voters
if all you neutrals could just secretly go for the team playing the Brisbane team it would be much appreciated.

Coooooooooooollllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooood

if all you neutrals could just secretly go for the team playing the Brisbane team it would be much appreciated.

Coooooooooooollllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnggggggggwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooood
Isn't that like cheering for Parramatta? I've been told that they're the AFL equivalent

Thankfully I enjoy both, along with other sports.

I have a mate who's religion is the nrl. He doesn't like any other sports. Poor bastard has a rough off season. Now it's time for me to enjoy the NFL and NBA.

Isn't that like cheering for Parramatta? I've been told that they're the AFL equivalent

Parra wish they were half as successful as the pies.

I don’t think there’s a direct comparison of a NRL team and the pies.

Traditional battlers
Foundation club
Regularly in the mix for a cup
Huge supporter base
People love them
People hate them
Unlikeable admin ( at times)
Super wealthy and skirts rules

It’s like a hybrid of about 6 Nrl teams and if we’re talking paid up members, probably about 10 nrl teams.

Reactions: BZN
I was watching Extraction 2 on Netflix.
Chris Hemsworth is in it and it's a block buster like film, he was watching a game of AFL in it.

I was wondering, those amongst us...
Who likes this sport?
I've never sat through a game.
Never liked the look of it.

Those who like it, what do you like about it?
What team do you go for?
1. Collingwood MAGPIES 2. Richmond TIGERS

AFL is better to watch live. Does not translate well on TV.

Was lucky enough in 1996 to be at a packed SCG to see Plugger Lockett kick the behind after the bell to put the Swans through to the Grand Final. The atmosphere was amazing.

All the football codes can be pretty cool, with awesome athleticism. I just never saw much AFL when I was young and don't know much about it. So I don't like or hate it. It's just something that appears on the telly and the players always seem far away.

The problem with televising sports like soccer and AFL is that play moves across the field so quickly that the cameras can't often zoom in on the detail. Union doesn't have that problem but it's messy and has tons of stoppages. That's why I prefer watching NRL to the other footies, though I love the soccer World Cup.

I like it! 😊

Crazy to see how passionate fans are around Aus.

I was in TAS recently and they all love it down there too

Back