Alex Seyfarth #232

One can make the argument that it’s these kinds of players that are holding us back. I suppose you can argue that Twal offers something, but the fact he received no interest when told he was free to leave is telling. As for Seyfarth, he’s the kind of player who could only have a career at a club that’s bottom of the table.
Twal was probably our best forward this year, or at least after Origin he definitely was. Getting him back on less coin is a miracle and I'm stoked. I actually think he's surpassed Klemmer as a footballer based on my eye test. He runs harder and faster, now has an offload and he's an equally good defender. Twal still has a couple of years of his best football left and Klem is very likely on the back nine now.

Good ok signing, I’d assume he’d be cheap and he’s a decent bench forward who just needs to sort out his errors.

Look, he isn't the most amazing bloke to have played the game, but he puts in 110% effort every single game he plays.

If more Tigers players had even half the heart and had the same attitude as Seyfarth, we wouldn't be back to back spooners.

Actually happy to see him go around again, if for no other reason to hopefully have him build more of that culture around the club.

Seems to struggle with genetics to put on size. But hopefully can be more damaging in the offseason.

Used to be Bulkier - Has slimmed up some....

Dunno a bit more size gives him any more impact though,
Makes less line breaks than Beau Ryan.
There’s a slug in my backyard with more leg speed. I would suggest the thing to Fulton but he’s not in the Tartak stable.

There’s a slug in my backyard with more leg speed. I would suggest the thing to Fulton but he’s not in the Tartak stable.

Saw a photo of him getting tackled by DeBelin....
Looked like a little kid wrestling with his Dad, Was weird to see....

The Luke Brooks of forwards, genuinely one of the most useless first grade players I have ever seen.

He’s a complete myth who will pull out a decent game every now and then which his brain dead fans will use to justify his continued presence in the team.

Seytard fans might be even stupider than the Brooks fans and that is saying something.

Seyfarth is holding the #13 until he gets beaten out by the higher quality players like Lualili'i & Fa'agutu.

They are just not ready right now.

Consider Seyfarth a place holder & hope that the young guys development is fast.

Guys like Seyfarth hold value in a club. Work & train hard, have the occasional good game in them. At some point in the season, these guys get asked to play a role & help the team to not lose. You just need him to be #18-#20 in the pecking order, not in the top 6 forwards we run out.

Seyfarth is holding the #13 until he gets beaten out by the higher quality players like Lualili'i & Fa'agutu.

Consider Seyfarth a place holder & hope that the young guys development is fast.

Guys like Seyfarth hold value in a club. Work & train hard, have the occasional good game in them. At some point in the season, these guys get asked to play a role & help the team to not lose. You just need him to be #18-#20 in the pecking order, not in the top 6 forwards we run out.
The other 2 need to get over 10 in the beep test before even thinking about regular NRL.

I recon Sam Fainu at 19yrs, 109kg, harder to stop and is more mobile than Seyfarth would be ideally suited to the 13 jumper. More upside, young and eager.
Could learn to pass from Latu and the coach.

The other 2 need to get over 10 in the beep test before even thinking about regular NRL.
According to who vicious? We praised Kit for having a good debut then trolled him for an off trial and we have yet seen what Faagutu is able to do (apart from a mini stint last year where he barely played in that trial in which he impressed a lot of people) due to injury this preseason. Just give them a little time this year and I'd say mid year one or both will be ready for NRL.

Last edited:
How did he score his try in week one of the trials and if all the other forwards run harder, why aren’t they scoring tries ?
One hot day doesn’t make a summer. Reminds me of the Blore lovers always pointing to that historic day when he got one over Brown.

How did he score his try in week one of the trials and if all the other forwards run harder, why aren’t they scoring tries ?

Jesus Christ, what brain-dead logic 🤦‍♂️

So according to Vicious, Seyfarth ran just as hard as Klemmer last season because they both scored one try.

Give yourself an uppercut, you’re embarrassing yourself more than usual.

His try had nothing to do with running hard.
He and Papali’i ran great lines whilst others were also running angles inside and out, which kept the Warriors guessing who Api would feed the ball to. That try was a team effort.

I recon Sam Fainu at 19yrs, 109kg, harder to stop and is more mobile than Seyfarth would be ideally suited to the 13 jumper. More upside, young and eager.
Could learn to pass from Latu and the coach.
Totally agree. He may not be the THE answer long term, but while we have Seyfarth as first choice, I think he would offer more. If he kicks on, even better.

I don't know what Pole did to lose the spot, but he is also a better option than Seyfarth.

Sam Fainu has shown he is up to it physically. He will only get better.

Back