Alex Seyfarth #232

I can understand supporters feeling underwhelmed with Twal and Seyfarth extending.I thought Twal was our best foward towards the end of the season,also Seyfarth looked like a first grader when given the opportunity this season.
Not saying these Lads are elite,game breakers ,but both can be pretty solid role players.
Having players wanting to stay is really refreshing.A crucial part of success is cohesion,something we’ve lacked for over a decade.
One can make the argument that it’s these kinds of players that are holding us back. I suppose you can argue that Twal offers something, but the fact he received no interest when told he was free to leave is telling. As for Seyfarth, he’s the kind of player who could only have a career at a club that’s bottom of the table.

One can make the argument that it’s these kinds of players that are holding us back. I suppose you can argue that Twal offers something, but the fact he received no interest when told he was free to leave is telling. As for Seyfarth, he’s the kind of player who could only have a career at a club that’s bottom of the table.

I disagree. I think these players can be the players who make your squad because they allow you to sign other players on more dollars and these guys will deliver value on the park.

I’m more of the opinion that our lack of outside backs and established halves are holding us back .

I disagree. I think these players can be the players who make your squad because they allow you to sign other players on more dollars and these guys will deliver value on the park.
If we had a stronger squad Id agree. But outside of Bula, Api and Ice, our squad are full of Seyfarth types.

If we had a stronger squad Id agree. But outside of Bula, Api and Ice, our squad are full of Seyfarth types.

We need some class players. My take is we will only get those players via developing them. There will be plenty of spots available over the next couple of seasons. We just have to hope we actually develop some quality players.

We need some class players. My take is we will only get those players via developing them. There will be plenty of spots available over the next couple of seasons. We just have to hope we actually develop some quality players.
Nothing short of a Penrith style development program is good enough at this point. There should be no excuses with the catchment area we have and the supposed millionaires that back the club.

Nothing short of a Penrith style development program is good enough at this point. There should be no excuses with the catchment area we have and the supposed millionaires that back the club.

We might not get that lucky but hopefully we do see some big improvements.

I could make the argument that both Twal and Seyfarth add just as much as Bateman and Klemmer.
Twal is paid about half their wages and Seyfarth about a third of their wages, who is providing the better value for money ?

Twal was given permission to test the market given his current price tag of $525k. He received interest from both the Bulldogs and Manly, both long term deals, but at significantly reduced rates. Twal chose to extend at a reported $400k. Seyfarth was also rumoured to have held discussions with the Bulldogs. Both wanted to stay, both are very passionate about the Tigers, both are hard workers and have great work ethic, and both were retained, at the right price.

Twal was given permission to test the market given his current price tag of $525k. He received interest from both the Bulldogs and Manly, both long term deals, but at significantly reduced rates. Twal chose to extend at a reported $400k. Seyfarth was also rumoured to have held discussions with the Bulldogs. Both wanted to stay, both are very passionate about the Tigers, both are hard workers and have great work ethic, and both were retained, at the right price.
I don’t think some understand the importance of heart & soul players like these two.
Anyone watching surely agrees they were 2 of our best performed forwards over the back end of the 2023 season, not sure what more can be expected of them ?

I can understand supporters feeling underwhelmed with Twal and Seyfarth extending.I thought Twal was our best foward towards the end of the season,also Seyfarth looked like a first grader when given the opportunity this season.
Not saying these Lads are elite,game breakers ,but both can be pretty solid role players.
Having players wanting to stay is really refreshing.A crucial part of success is cohesion,something we’ve lacked for over a decade.
When you are 20 points in front with 15 min. to go they come in handy for Tigers to hang in there!

Yes. We have extended the contracts of the plod brothers.

One thing about twal and seyfarth contracts is they are deemed to be of better value to the club than before. Wonder if this is Fulton doing or that the club is in a better position to bargain even though we just received a second spoon

I don’t think some understand the importance of heart & soul players like these two.
Anyone watching surely agrees they were 2 of our best performed forwards over the back end of the 2023 season, not sure what more can be expected of them ?
We keep these 2 Slenders and cough up Blore (the only real beefcake in our pack) - go figure

Can we get forwards on the same coin that will do a better job? That's the question you need to ask. A team fall of superstars won't fit in the salary cap.
Can WE - No
Do other teams - Yes

Something for our buddies on the review to chew on.

Can WE - No
Do other teams - Yes

Something for our buddies on the review to chew on.
Twal and Seyfarth bleed for the club. That's the type of player I want at the club. They deserve to be given a chance. You can't deny the fact they showed improvement this season.

Twal and Seyfarth bleed for the club. That's the type of player I want at the club. They deserve to be given a chance. You can't deny the fact they showed improvement this season.
I’m a bit of a Twal fan which I have always voiced. He’s a worker.

It’s the process that pisses me off when you read between the lines. Again the coaches looked at his contract, wanted someone better, voiced that and let him look externally.

In the interim, nothings happening recruiting wise so we’re forced to backflip. This has happened before with numerous also-rans and is the same reason coaches get sacked again and again. They never have the troops.

Sure we got him on a bit less coin, but the coach doesn’t want him, the player knows that so he may as well have left.

Then they sign a second plodder next day. We will always be shit under this management. They have NFI.

glass half full,i c smarts in both signings long term,Twal culture Seyfarth culture both at a bargain price,ps unsure of AS/s terms,wild guess,its low,

the kid got ragged out here start of this year because he knocked back good $ from Warriors,had a child ,pledged elegance to our flag ,still young ,only lives up the road,hope he ends up in the history pages

Back