Alex Twal #206

One of my friends at work is a avid Parra supporter and he said that every club in the NRL was watching Alex except Parra because they are asleep at the wheel.
Said that he has a big future in the NRL and he was annoyed that we got him.

@ said:
One of my friends at work is a avid Parra supporter and he said that every club in the NRL was watching Alex except Parra because they are asleep at the wheel.

He looks to have the raw ingredients. Good to have another young forward competing with likes of Tatola, Eisenhuth ,Paseka , Marsters, Lolo, JJ Felise….ect.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
For those who haven't seen him play or those who are mehhhh'ing this signing… This kid is no joke.

Followed his career closely for a few years and he's one of the best up and coming props in the game.

Think Matt Lodge but much more athletic and gifted.

Another Lebanese player in the team is only gonna be good for us too.

Re: your last sentence. Why?

Hey mate.
I am Lebanese….

Always follow nrl players of Lebanese descent closely.

This is a signing the doggies wish they could have.

Also our last Lebanese player was Robbie. An elite level super star ?

Hopefully we don't end up having to group him with Robbie Farah, Benny Elias, Mitchell Moses, Isaac Moses and Sam Ayoub.

I'm 1st generation australian lebanese and this thought had crossed my mind.

I think however that it is player managers that I really dislike, irrespective of nationality.

Welcome aboard Alex.

Does anyone know if the development Players are part of the 30 man squad, or on top of that?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
For those who haven't seen him play or those who are mehhhh'ing this signing… This kid is no joke.

Followed his career closely for a few years and he's one of the best up and coming props in the game.

Think Matt Lodge but much more athletic and gifted.

Another Lebanese player in the team is only gonna be good for us too.

Hey mate.
I am Lebanese….

How closely Demps cause…Our last Lebanese player is Mitchell Moses...and he is a flop...

What about some of the others….Ahmad Bajouri, Hassan Saleh and Jarrod Saffy?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Hey mate.
I am Lebanese….

How closely Demps cause…Our last Lebanese player is Mitchell Moses...and he is a flop...

What about some of the others….Ahmad Bajouri, Hassan Saleh and Jarrod Saffy?

Jai Ayoub haha

Was at a game vs. dogs one day when bajouri and Saleh actually played well and we got up. Was giving it to the dogs fans about our Lebanese wingers being better than el Masri, don't know how I walked out alive that day haha

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Hey mate.
I am Lebanese….

Hopefully we don't end up having to group him with Robbie Farah, Benny Elias, Mitchell Moses, Isaac Moses and Sam Ayoub.

I think however that it is player managers that I really dislike, irrespective of nationality.

Welcome aboard Alex.

Does anyone know if the development Players are part of the 30 man squad, or on top of that?

On top and not included in main cap. Not sure what that means, whether it is similar to 2nd tier cap, or included if they play or whether Woods and Tedesco have signed with new clubs as development players and therefore not counted in cap

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Hey mate.
I am Lebanese….

Welcome aboard Alex.

On top and not included in main cap. Not sure what that means, whether it is similar to 2nd tier cap, or included if they play or whether Woods and Tedesco have signed with new clubs as development players and therefore not counted in cap

Thanks Harvey

@ said:
@ said:

He looks to have the raw ingredients. Good to have another young forward competing with likes of Tatola, Eisenhuth ,Paseka , Marsters, Lolo, JJ Felise….ect.

Paseka? He gone!

While we're on the lebanese theme…
- WT's Andrew Kazzi,Jaleel Seve-Derbas & Christian Yassmin have been named in Lebanon's 20 man squad for their clash with Malta this weekend

@ said:
While we're on the lebanese theme…
- WT's Andrew Kazzi,Jaleel Seve-Derbas & Christian Yassmin have been named in Lebanon's 20 man squad for their clash with Malta this weekend

Wonder how Christian Yassmin is finding the transition to League, must be very tough now that he is playing a level under reggies.
I hope he kicks on in a year or two.

I haven't seen a lot of Twal, but he looks like a Matt Prior type forward. With a similar athletic body shape to Prior he would have good stamina and endurance that can provide high output for sustained periods. A 3 year contract for a guy yet to play NRL indicates the recruitment staff (including Cleary) are confident about Twal developing to NRL level. For me the 3 year Suli contract has been vindicated, which is a good sign that hopefully the club has backed another good one in Twal.

Alex Twal vs Illawarra

64 minutes
19 runs for 175m
41 tackles (1 missed)

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Alex Twal vs Illawarra

64 minutes
19 runs for 175m
41 tackles (1 missed)

Backrow or prop?

Played backrow for Wenty this game

Hmmmm… Don't know what to make of this. His numbers are very impressive but, I don't know how he fits in the team. Bench rotation with Lawrence/McQueen? Does he play prop as well or, just second row?

Just wondering why we didn't get him this year as a swap for Moses. As happy as I am that Moses is gone I am disappointed we didn't get anything in return for letting him go.

Members online

Back