OFFICIAL Alex Twal #206

That was Twal's worst game for us though. Missed 3 tackles which all led to tries.

For a guy that usually doesn't miss more than 1 tackle, he had a shocker.
 
Ah I love Twal, he is the epitome of the tough, no-nonsense, no excuses front rower. Takes it up hard, tackles anything and everything and gives his all when he is on the field, win or lose. Pity a couple of his more 'illustrious' front row team mates don't emulate him when they're playing. We might be in a much better position on the ladder if they did.
 
@Cultured_Bogan said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006815) said:
Why is Twal making apologies? He with Thompson's are the only two who can walk away from Monday with their heads held high.

Twal's worst game of the season. The effort was there but he missed some important tackles - most unlike him.

He seems to be playing long minutes before being benched. I wonder it that is affecting his effectiveness.
 
Yep I agree, worst game I have seen him play for us.
But he should bounce back .... he is a good developing forward.
And some of our so called experienced hard men were nowhere to be seen on Monday.
This performance has got me really down and especially letting Moses rub our noses in the dirt really hurt.
Really disappointed .....
 
@happy_tiger
That defensive effort on Monday was woe-full!!!.
It’s first time this season I had the pleasure seeing the team play. That performance was a disgrace ... not just for this club, team and sponsors but us .... poor fans of this mob.
To mark such occasion as opening of the new stadium in front of 30,000 people and god knows what the tv audience numbers were .... with such inept, without pride and gutless performance ..... I’m just lost for words.
And you talk of defence. I don’t know how many times I was watching at least three west tigers players unsuccessfully (usually the guy would either stay upright or git the ball away) try to bring an opponent down. Comically one of ours would be on the ground trying to wrap their legs. Just amateur hour stuff. I was embarrassed to be a supporter and still am.
I can’t recall once where our forward would take on the line and successfully pass the ball to promote second phase attack. Our experienced forwards turning their back on opposition, not getting to defensive line in time.
And worst of all no pressure on Moses and Gutherson .... the only two players in that side which screamed danger.
Just where are we at?
I’m close to giving up.
 
What gets me, is that the reason we lost is because "the other team was up for it, and we weren't".

Well why the heck weren't we up for it? Absolutely pathetic.
 
@TigerTiger said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006841) said:
What gets me, is that the reason we lost is because "the other team was up for it, and we weren't".

Well why the heck weren't we up for it? Absolutely pathetic.

We were up for it until Parra started playing football!!
We go ok against teams that slug away but as soon as we come up against a side that isn't afraid play a bit of footy they leave us behind.
 
@momo_amp_medo said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006840) said:
@happy_tiger
That defensive effort on Monday was woe-full!!!.
It’s first time this season I had the pleasure seeing the team play. That performance was a disgrace ... not just for this club, team and sponsors but us .... poor fans of this mob.
To mark such occasion as opening of the new stadium in front of 30,000 people and god knows what the tv audience numbers were .... with such inept, without pride and gutless performance ..... I’m just lost for words.
And you talk of defence. I don’t know how many times I was watching at least three west tigers players unsuccessfully (usually the guy would either stay upright or git the ball away) try to bring an opponent down. Comically one of ours would be on the ground trying to wrap their legs. Just amateur hour stuff. I was embarrassed to be a supporter and still am.
I can’t recall once where our forward would take on the line and successfully pass the ball to promote second phase attack. Our experienced forwards turning their back on opposition, not getting to defensive line in time.
And worst of all no pressure on Moses and Gutherson .... the only two players in that side which screamed danger.
Just where are we at?
I’m close to giving up.

I agree 1000% .....any coincidence every game we have won rain has played a part

People getting angry that one minute we are riding a crest of a wave and then beating the club the next game is losing games that badly at this level is unacceptable

You simply can't gloss over and it say we will be better next week .....just shows no accountability ....and probably brings us back to a core problem

Members can't make anyone at the club accountable in any way unless they penalise the actual club ....(not rejoining )
 
@fibrodreaming aware, he's far more consistent than most of his mates though. Can forgive the one I'll performance. Works like a dog while some of his teammates stink it up.
 
@fibrodreaming said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006821) said:
@Cultured_Bogan said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006815) said:
Why is Twal making apologies? He with Thompson's are the only two who can walk away from Monday with their heads held high.

Twal's worst game of the season. The effort was there but he missed some important tackles - most unlike him.

He seems to be playing long minutes before being benched. I wonder it that is affecting his effectiveness.

The long munites didn't seem to bother him v the donks...everyone is entitled to on off game ...Twal has been super consistant in all his games for us IMO ..just everyone had n off game all at once...
 
@momo_amp_medo said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006840) said:
@happy_tiger
That defensive effort on Monday was woe-full!!!.
It’s first time this season I had the pleasure seeing the team play. That performance was a disgrace ... not just for this club, team and sponsors but us .... poor fans of this mob.
To mark such occasion as opening of the new stadium in front of 30,000 people and god knows what the tv audience numbers were .... with such inept, without pride and gutless performance ..... I’m just lost for words.
And you talk of defence. I don’t know how many times I was watching at least three west tigers players unsuccessfully (usually the guy would either stay upright or git the ball away) try to bring an opponent down. Comically one of ours would be on the ground trying to wrap their legs. Just amateur hour stuff. I was embarrassed to be a supporter and still am.
I can’t recall once where our forward would take on the line and successfully pass the ball to promote second phase attack. Our experienced forwards turning their back on opposition, not getting to defensive line in time.
And worst of all no pressure on Moses and Gutherson .... the only two players in that side which screamed danger.
Just where are we at?
I’m close to giving up.

Aren't you the guy on here who usually highlights all the positives about our team/club? Even debates other posters when they're making negative comments about players or the team? I might have you confused with someone else, but if not, then it looks like our woeful display has got even you wanting to give up. Wests Tigers have a way of wearing even their most positive supporters down.
 
He was bound to have a poor game at some point. He is carrying too much of the load. The others get off easy every week compared to him, and then get praised if they perform a bit better than usual.
 
Twal is far from the problem i just wish a few of his team mates had the same work ethic he does.Yes he had a rare bad game even the best do occasionaly
 
@Spud_Murphy said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006865) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006840) said:
@happy_tiger
That defensive effort on Monday was woe-full!!!.
It’s first time this season I had the pleasure seeing the team play. That performance was a disgrace ... not just for this club, team and sponsors but us .... poor fans of this mob.
To mark such occasion as opening of the new stadium in front of 30,000 people and god knows what the tv audience numbers were .... with such inept, without pride and gutless performance ..... I’m just lost for words.
And you talk of defence. I don’t know how many times I was watching at least three west tigers players unsuccessfully (usually the guy would either stay upright or git the ball away) try to bring an opponent down. Comically one of ours would be on the ground trying to wrap their legs. Just amateur hour stuff. I was embarrassed to be a supporter and still am.
I can’t recall once where our forward would take on the line and successfully pass the ball to promote second phase attack. Our experienced forwards turning their back on opposition, not getting to defensive line in time.
And worst of all no pressure on Moses and Gutherson .... the only two players in that side which screamed danger.
Just where are we at?
I’m close to giving up.

Aren't you the guy on here who usually highlights all the positives about our team/club? Even debates other posters when they're making negative comments about players or the team? I might have you confused with someone else, but if not, then it looks like our woeful display has got even you wanting to give up. Wests Tigers have a way of wearing even their most positive supporters down.

That's not my quote Spud ....but they deserve a kick up the butt for that performance in any case no matter if I'm a positive Polly or negative Nelly or a fence sitting Francine
 
@happy_tiger said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006874) said:
@Spud_Murphy said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006865) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006840) said:
@happy_tiger
That defensive effort on Monday was woe-full!!!.
It’s first time this season I had the pleasure seeing the team play. That performance was a disgrace ... not just for this club, team and sponsors but us .... poor fans of this mob.
To mark such occasion as opening of the new stadium in front of 30,000 people and god knows what the tv audience numbers were .... with such inept, without pride and gutless performance ..... I’m just lost for words.
And you talk of defence. I don’t know how many times I was watching at least three west tigers players unsuccessfully (usually the guy would either stay upright or git the ball away) try to bring an opponent down. Comically one of ours would be on the ground trying to wrap their legs. Just amateur hour stuff. I was embarrassed to be a supporter and still am.
I can’t recall once where our forward would take on the line and successfully pass the ball to promote second phase attack. Our experienced forwards turning their back on opposition, not getting to defensive line in time.
And worst of all no pressure on Moses and Gutherson .... the only two players in that side which screamed danger.
Just where are we at?
I’m close to giving up.

Aren't you the guy on here who usually highlights all the positives about our team/club? Even debates other posters when they're making negative comments about players or the team? I might have you confused with someone else, but if not, then it looks like our woeful display has got even you wanting to give up. Wests Tigers have a way of wearing even their most positive supporters down.

That's not my quote Spud ....but they deserve a kick up the butt for that performance in any case no matter if I'm a positive Polly or negative Nelly or a fence sitting Francine

You left out peaheart .
 
@Spud_Murphy said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006865) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006840) said:
@happy_tiger
That defensive effort on Monday was woe-full!!!.
It’s first time this season I had the pleasure seeing the team play. That performance was a disgrace ... not just for this club, team and sponsors but us .... poor fans of this mob.
To mark such occasion as opening of the new stadium in front of 30,000 people and god knows what the tv audience numbers were .... with such inept, without pride and gutless performance ..... I’m just lost for words.
And you talk of defence. I don’t know how many times I was watching at least three west tigers players unsuccessfully (usually the guy would either stay upright or git the ball away) try to bring an opponent down. Comically one of ours would be on the ground trying to wrap their legs. Just amateur hour stuff. I was embarrassed to be a supporter and still am.
I can’t recall once where our forward would take on the line and successfully pass the ball to promote second phase attack. Our experienced forwards turning their back on opposition, not getting to defensive line in time.
And worst of all no pressure on Moses and Gutherson .... the only two players in that side which screamed danger.
Just where are we at?
I’m close to giving up.

Aren't you the guy on here who usually highlights all the positives about our team/club? Even debates other posters when they're making negative comments about players or the team? I might have you confused with someone else, but if not, then it looks like our woeful display has got even you wanting to give up. Wests Tigers have a way of wearing even their most positive supporters down.

Yes they do ( have a way of letting their supporters down)- I don't get it how can they go from being a good defensive team to what they dished up on Monday:white_frowning_face:
Quite a disgusting effort I thought- I don't think their attitude has changed from previous years although that being said there are many new faces in this team so that shouldn't be the case, maybe they just couldn't cope with that Stadium and the screaming Eels fans- interesting to see how we play there next time.
Come on pull your socks up West Tigers:rage:
 
@happy_tiger said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006874) said:
@Spud_Murphy said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006865) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Twal determined to reinforce defensive principles again](/post/1006840) said:
@happy_tiger
That defensive effort on Monday was woe-full!!!.
It’s first time this season I had the pleasure seeing the team play. That performance was a disgrace ... not just for this club, team and sponsors but us .... poor fans of this mob.
To mark such occasion as opening of the new stadium in front of 30,000 people and god knows what the tv audience numbers were .... with such inept, without pride and gutless performance ..... I’m just lost for words.
And you talk of defence. I don’t know how many times I was watching at least three west tigers players unsuccessfully (usually the guy would either stay upright or git the ball away) try to bring an opponent down. Comically one of ours would be on the ground trying to wrap their legs. Just amateur hour stuff. I was embarrassed to be a supporter and still am.
I can’t recall once where our forward would take on the line and successfully pass the ball to promote second phase attack. Our experienced forwards turning their back on opposition, not getting to defensive line in time.
And worst of all no pressure on Moses and Gutherson .... the only two players in that side which screamed danger.
Just where are we at?
I’m close to giving up.

Aren't you the guy on here who usually highlights all the positives about our team/club? Even debates other posters when they're making negative comments about players or the team? I might have you confused with someone else, but if not, then it looks like our woeful display has got even you wanting to give up. Wests Tigers have a way of wearing even their most positive supporters down.

That's not my quote Spud ....but they deserve a kick up the butt for that performance in any case no matter if I'm a positive Polly or negative Nelly or a fence sitting Francine


I know it's not your quote Happy, I was actually quoting M&M who confirmed that he was the usually positive poster - first time I've seen such a negative post from him. You, on the other hand.....?
 
Back
Top