OFFICIAL Alex Twal #206

I dream of a game where the referees don't have so much involvement, but knowing the probable lack of attention they got in their past years they decide to run the show like it's broadway
 
@ said:
@ said:
Twal wasn't penalised for the 'strip' - the ref told them it was a 10m penalty so it was nothing to do with milking.

Penalised for within the 10m? Twal was getting into position at second marker, when the guy still on one knee tried to play it and lost it. How could Twal be penalised for being within the 10m, what on the previous play?

If that's what the ref said, it just goes to show that they blow the whistle just because, and then went looking for an excuse.

Like one of the Panthers no try that they sent up… we think they might not have scored, as there was possibly an obstruction, but Tigers were offside anyway... so if no try give the Pennies a penalty. And did the replay check the onside? No chance because then they could be seen as wrong.

We lost to the Panthers mostly because we were outplayed, they were too good, we are awful in attack. But these referees are determining how the games go in a more blatant way than ever before. With most teams so close, unless we are at the absolute top of our game (like vs Storm earlier in the year), when they decide we are going to lose, then it will take a massive effort to overturn that.

The NRL app, which I believe has official rulings, noted that Twal was penalised for "crowding". It's in the play-by-play section.
 
Absolute BS… They get 3 chances then they get a sin bin, we instantly get a sin bin for a BS strip.
 
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Twal wasn't penalised for the 'strip' - the ref told them it was a 10m penalty so it was nothing to do with milking.

Penalised for within the 10m? Twal was getting into position at second marker, when the guy still on one knee tried to play it and lost it. How could Twal be penalised for being within the 10m, what on the previous play?

If that's what the ref said, it just goes to show that they blow the whistle just because, and then went looking for an excuse.

Like one of the Panthers no try that they sent up… we think they might not have scored, as there was possibly an obstruction, but Tigers were offside anyway... so if no try give the Pennies a penalty. And did the replay check the onside? No chance because then they could be seen as wrong.

We lost to the Panthers mostly because we were outplayed, they were too good, we are awful in attack. But these referees are determining how the games go in a more blatant way than ever before. With most teams so close, unless we are at the absolute top of our game (like vs Storm earlier in the year), when they decide we are going to lose, then it will take a massive effort to overturn that.

The NRL app, which I believe has official rulings, noted that Twal was penalised for "crowding". It's in the play-by-play section.

Hopefully we can get back to a standard of play where it doesn't matter how many times we get penalised (like vs Storm) but we can hold true regardless. A tough ask, but achievable (most weeks).
 
@ said:
Twal wasn't penalised for the 'strip' - the ref told them it was a 10m penalty so it was nothing to do with milking.

I wasn't sure if he said 10 metres or 10 minutes. If it was 10 metres, why did they wait until after the guy had gotten up to play the ball?
 
@ said:
@ said:
Twal wasn't penalised for the 'strip' - the ref told them it was a 10m penalty so it was nothing to do with milking.

I wasn't sure if he said 10 metres or 10 minutes. If it was 10 metres, why did they wait until after the guy had gotten up to play the ball?

I don't know. At first I was sure it was for a 'strip' but then the refs said something like 'it was for 10 metres' - obviously in response to someone questioning it. I haven't watched it again so there's a chance I mis-heard.
 
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Twal wasn't penalised for the 'strip' - the ref told them it was a 10m penalty so it was nothing to do with milking.

I wasn't sure if he said 10 metres or 10 minutes. If it was 10 metres, why did they wait until after the guy had gotten up to play the ball?

I don't know. At first I was sure it was for a 'strip' but then the refs said something like 'it was for 10 metres' - obviously in response to someone questioning it. I haven't watched it again so there's a chance I mis-heard.

Penalised for crowding.
 
How good has Twal been for the Tigers. I think he has been one of our best forwards this year.

He was good last year but I think since the World Cup he has gone to another level.

I still claim him as the plodder leader but I am fearful I cant claim him as a good quality plodder going forward… :frowning:
 
When he develops an offload or is allowed by IC to start popping balls his game will go to another level. Already has big metres in him strong D possibly could bend the line a bit more but you need to have those types of workers in your team. Definitely not a plodder he has something about him and still very raw for a prop.
 
The most underrated forward in the NRL.

Any other bench prop that averaged 100m+ 25+tackles and tackled with 99% efficiency would be in rep calculations.
 
When he was in the Under20 program with Parra, he was told to lose the off loads and concentrate on make yards .. apparently he had too many loss the ball whilst being tackled issues. Bugger me if I have a strong forward who inclined to offload too much in the tackle and lose it .. I'd be concentrate on getting to keep it up, but choose wisely when you offload the ball.

Just love his hit and stick rate in defence .. keep it up Alex you're doing just fine big fella .. !!
 
On this years form he will be the 1st prop picked next year.
Not quite sure what is happening with our front row ….. seems from the results I read over last few weeks ..... we are (once again) getting dominated up front.
Dissapoining but predict better results for next year. This year for me is “early work in progress” ONLY!
 

Members online

Back
Top