OFFICIAL Alex Twal #206

@Cultured_Bogan said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081395) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081387) said:
@Tcat said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081385) said:
@PabloX I think we need to think seriously about momo. I thought he finished last season strongly, considering his age and minimal NRL experience. I think he has it in him to be a very strong NRL centre. If his first half of the season is solid, I say definitely re-sign him.

I think we can do better than Momirovski personally..

Really? He strikes me as a very smart footballer, scored eight tries in 11 games, to parallel that Thompson and Marsters only scored 1 try more than him and played 22 & 24 games respectively.

He's only young and is just starting out. I agree that if he starts the year well I'd certainly look into extending him.

Yeah he's first centre picked at the moment for mine. He's not particularly big and he's not particularly fast but at the end of the day he's been very effective. Regularly breaks tackles, makes big metres, scores tries and is generally a decent defender...plus he's coming along as a goal kicker. He's a cut price Lomax but slower.
 
@avocadoontoast said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081396) said:
@Cultured_Bogan said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081395) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081387) said:
@Tcat said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081385) said:
@PabloX I think we need to think seriously about momo. I thought he finished last season strongly, considering his age and minimal NRL experience. I think he has it in him to be a very strong NRL centre. If his first half of the season is solid, I say definitely re-sign him.

I think we can do better than Momirovski personally..

Really? He strikes me as a very smart footballer, scored eight tries in 11 games, to parallel that Thompson and Marsters only scored 1 try more than him and played 22 & 24 games respectively.

He's only young and is just starting out. I agree that if he starts the year well I'd certainly look into extending him.

I could well be wrong (I often am) but that's the way I see it. He doesn't have much size and he's not particularly fast. But I thought his goalkicking late in the season was excellent and he did find the line as you say. Anyway, let's see how he goes. I hope he proves me wrong.

Yeah fair enough Avo, we all have our opinions. Not necessarily saying you're wrong, there's certainly better centres out there at the moment than Momo. However he's only young, still inexperienced and while not being the flashy type he does the little things right and quite well, adding to that he can score tries and kicks well. I think he's shown enough to persist with.
 
@avocadoontoast said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081396) said:
@Cultured_Bogan said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081395) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081387) said:
@Tcat said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081385) said:
@PabloX I think we need to think seriously about momo. I thought he finished last season strongly, considering his age and minimal NRL experience. I think he has it in him to be a very strong NRL centre. If his first half of the season is solid, I say definitely re-sign him.

I think we can do better than Momirovski personally..

Really? He strikes me as a very smart footballer, scored eight tries in 11 games, to parallel that Thompson and Marsters only scored 1 try more than him and played 22 & 24 games respectively.

He's only young and is just starting out. I agree that if he starts the year well I'd certainly look into extending him.

I could well be wrong (I often am) but that's the way I see it. He doesn't have much size and he's not particularly fast. But I thought his goalkicking late in the season was excellent and he did find the line as you say. Anyway, let's see how he goes. I hope he proves me wrong.

I'd be waiting to see how he goes next year before extending aswell.
 
@gallagher said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081459) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081396) said:
@Cultured_Bogan said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081395) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081387) said:
@Tcat said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081385) said:
@PabloX I think we need to think seriously about momo. I thought he finished last season strongly, considering his age and minimal NRL experience. I think he has it in him to be a very strong NRL centre. If his first half of the season is solid, I say definitely re-sign him.

I think we can do better than Momirovski personally..

Really? He strikes me as a very smart footballer, scored eight tries in 11 games, to parallel that Thompson and Marsters only scored 1 try more than him and played 22 & 24 games respectively.

He's only young and is just starting out. I agree that if he starts the year well I'd certainly look into extending him.

I could well be wrong (I often am) but that's the way I see it. He doesn't have much size and he's not particularly fast. But I thought his goalkicking late in the season was excellent and he did find the line as you say. Anyway, let's see how he goes. I hope he proves me wrong.

I'd be waiting to see how he goes next year before extending aswell.

I agree. But if kicks on early and it's apparent they will need to lock him down.
 
@avocadoontoast said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081387) said:
@Tcat said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081385) said:
@PabloX I think we need to think seriously about momo. I thought he finished last season strongly, considering his age and minimal NRL experience. I think he has it in him to be a very strong NRL centre. If his first half of the season is solid, I say definitely re-sign him.

I think we can do better than Momirovski personally..

Trent Robinson didn't care about losing Matterson, but he said that he didn't want to loose Momirovski.
 
Momo has shown a freakish ability to score tries in heavy traffic. That's not as easy to put a value on compared to size and speed but as he is young, one of our best goal kickers and does everything expected of a centre, I think he is a big asset to the team.

I also like how he came back from some mistakes last year, seems to be mentally tough.
 
@Sart0ri said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081486) said:
Momo has shown a freakish ability to score tries in heavy traffic. That's not as easy to put a value on compared to size and speed but as he is young, one of our best goal kickers and does everything expected of a centre, I think he is a big asset to the team.

I also like how he came back from some mistakes last year, seems to be mentally tough.

Yeah his first game back after spending a number of weeks in state cup was bloody poor, Madge persisted and he had a garbage first 40 in the second game and then a switch flicked and he never looked back. Was very impressed with his resilience.
 
@Cultured_Bogan said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081491) said:
@Sart0ri said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081486) said:
Momo has shown a freakish ability to score tries in heavy traffic. That's not as easy to put a value on compared to size and speed but as he is young, one of our best goal kickers and does everything expected of a centre, I think he is a big asset to the team.

I also like how he came back from some mistakes last year, seems to be mentally tough.

Yeah his first game back after spending a number of weeks in state cup was bloody poor, Madge persisted and he had a garbage first 40 in the second game and then a switch flicked and he never looked back. Was very impressed with his resilience.

i love his left foot, really dangerous

he has progressed to be able to read the game really well, this was shown in the game against the saints when he got the intercept and nearly another (if it went thru the hands instead of rolling along the ground, thanks to a bit of luck)





https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejHB3YQl-ls
 
@TheDaBoss said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081375) said:
@Scare said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081371) said:
@Spartan117 said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081339) said:
Great news for the club, Alex is a quality forward that will be the foundation of our clubs success.


Really happy.


Finals season 2020 baby

Premiership season 2020...


Matto crushing season 2020.....


Latrell tiger season 2020


Eels wooden spoon 2020.....

I reckon Parra are gonna go close in 2020 to winning a premiership

That is going to be one hell of a forward pack imo
 
@happy_tiger said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081532) said:
@TheDaBoss said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081375) said:
@Scare said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081371) said:
@Spartan117 said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081339) said:
Great news for the club, Alex is a quality forward that will be the foundation of our clubs success.


Really happy.


Finals season 2020 baby

Premiership season 2020...


Matto crushing season 2020.....


Latrell tiger season 2020


Eels wooden spoon 2020.....

I reckon Parra are gonna go close in 2020 to winning a premiership

That is going to be one hell of a forward pack imo

Wow no congrats Alex..

Just talking up another team..Parra lover..pfffft..i tip them for 15th as Manly will get the spoon..
 
@Geo said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081598) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081532) said:
@TheDaBoss said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081375) said:
@Scare said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081371) said:
@Spartan117 said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081339) said:
Great news for the club, Alex is a quality forward that will be the foundation of our clubs success.


Really happy.


Finals season 2020 baby

Premiership season 2020...


Matto crushing season 2020.....


Latrell tiger season 2020


Eels wooden spoon 2020.....

I reckon Parra are gonna go close in 2020 to winning a premiership

That is going to be one hell of a forward pack imo

Wow no congrats Alex..

Just talking up another team..Parra lover..pfffft..i tip them for 15th as Manly will get the spoon..

I did congratulate Al already .....

No Parra lover just able to distinguish between hate and reality ....Parra will go close ....I don't like it ..but it's probably going to be a reality ...same way us making the 8 with no major forward addition will be damn near impossible
 
@Fitzy05 said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081733) said:
The Happy & Geo show reminds me of that old Cleary & Pascoe show on WTs tv.

Piss off ,I'm comic genius and I carry @Geo
 
@happy_tiger said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081762) said:
@Fitzy05 said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081733) said:
The Happy & Geo show reminds me of that old Cleary & Pascoe show on WTs tv.

Piss off ,I'm comic genius and I carry @Geo

In your own head maybe.
 
@mike said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081779) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081762) said:
@Fitzy05 said in [Alex Twal re\-signs with Wests Tigers\.](/post/1081733) said:
The Happy & Geo show reminds me of that old Cleary & Pascoe show on WTs tv.

Piss off ,I'm comic genius and I carry @Geo

In your own head maybe.

That's all that matter in the end Mike lol
 
Strong preparation has Twal ripped and ready
Author
Caitlyn Grant
Timestamp
Fri 8 May 2020, 06:00 AM

They were the social media images that caused quite a stir as Wests Tigers players returned to training on Wednesday this week.

First day back looking like... 😳💪 pic.twitter.com/xkgRSj5Cua

— Wests Tigers (@WestsTigers) May 6, 2020
Wests Tigers prop Alex Twal — who was already one of the fittest big men in the competition — returned looking as shredded as ever and seemingly primed to deliver his best season since debuting for the club back in 2017.

Living at home with his family throughout the game-wide isolation period, the Lebanon international took full advantage of a quality home gym set up and a protein-packed diet provided by his mother's home-cooking skills to return to the club's new elite training facility in prime physical condition.






View this post on Instagram









Old skool party pump in the backyard today improvising and doing my best to stay fit during iso 💪

A post shared by Alex Twal (@alextwal) on Apr 9, 2020 at 12:49am PDT

“The boys are really excited to be back and there's definitely a real thrill around the place," Twal said. "It's definitely good to be back.

“It’s a little different coming back in as it’s something we’re not used to but hopefully it’s not too long before we can get back into our normal training routine so we’re working on our craft and skills.

“We’re making sure we know all our plays and our movements are right and ready to go for our first game — whenever that is."


Twal said the buzz of returning from break, coupled with the side's arrival in a brand new training facility as Concord Oval undergoes a much-needed redevelopment, was noticeable throughout the squad.

“A few of the senior players and Madge said a lot when we returned just get everyone back on track,” said Twal. "But you can just tell that every single one of the boys have been eager to get back in to it.

“With our new training facility here there’s an extra bit of buzz around the place and I don’t think any of the boys are short of motivation.”
 
@TheDaBoss said in [Strong preparation has Twal ripped and ready](/post/1147885) said:
First day back looking like… pic.twitter.com/xkgRSj5Cua

@Demps might need some private time to absorb that shot.
 

Latest posts

Staff online

Back
Top