Another Quick Forum Update

@tiger-tragic said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509025) said:
@harvey said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509012) said:
In all seriousness I don’t know what is happening behind the scenes, but if the removal of mods was notified via this post, that is pretty poor form.

The tone of conversation and denigrating of other supporters in this thread does not bode well for ongoing discussions.

I have not been banned, but have had posts deleted in the past. I am curious about what outcomes are being sought with the changes.

Me too and I have asked @Kul to advise us so we can make choices as to our response.

It’s a community forum so it’s probably best if you express what you would like and we as a community can work on building something for everyone based on what people want.

In all seriousness I don’t know what is happening behind the scenes, but if the removal of mods was notified via this post, that is pretty poor form.

The tone of conversation and denigrating of other supporters in this thread does not bode well for ongoing discussions.

I have not been banned, but have had posts deleted in the past. I am curious about what outcomes are being sought with the changes.

I can reply to some of that.
I was a moderator until, it appears, sometime yesterday morning. I was notified via this post. I have contacted Kul to find out why, but as of now I have not received any reply.
As a moderator I behaved much as I had prior to becoming one and cruised along, at peace with the forum. I was, I believe, relatively relaxed with my actions and generally, unless there was an obvious breach of the rules, let posters have their say whether or not I agreed with it.
I deleted many posts that contained obvious swearing. I deleted a couple of posts where someone insulted someone else directly. That's about it for deletions.
As a mod, I banned only one person. I can be perfectly honest in saying I don't even remember what name they went by because I don't play the man and don't care that much.
About two weeks ago that person posted entire pages containing a repetition of the 'C' word on numerous threads throughout the site. I went through the site and deleted those posts and only then, after seeing the extent of the obvious trolling, I banned them.
I can agree, the tone of conversation and denigrating of other supporters does not bode well for the future.
So there it is, my experience as a moderator.
I too am curious about the outcomes being sought. I am aware that on at least one occasion Moderators sought advice or direction from Kul. None was forthcoming, unless this thread is that direction.

@NT_Tiger yep very ordinary being advised this way I agree

I used to take this and other social media too serious, got into ding ding week long arguments, etc etc... Like life some are headstrong and forthright, some more quiet.... I like to think I've matured a bit as I've got older and having a wonderful woman in my life now for past few years has also helped mellow me a bit
Imo people e leaving the forum over this is a bit OTT but each to their own... As someone said earlier, the sun will come up tomorrow
Certainly made for interesting reading on a cold wet Sunday yesterday

@nt_tiger said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509038) said:

I was a moderator until, it appears, sometime yesterday morning. I was notified via this post. I have contacted Kul to find out why, but as of now I have not received any reply.
As a moderator I behaved much as I had prior to becoming one and cruised along, at peace with the forum. I was, I believe, relatively relaxed with my actions and generally, unless there was an obvious breach of the rules, let posters have their say whether or not I agreed with it.
I deleted many posts that contained obvious swearing. I deleted a couple of posts where someone insulted someone else directly. That's about it for deletions.
As a mod, I banned only one person. I can be perfectly honest in saying I don't even remember what name they went by because I don't play the man and don't care that much.
About two weeks ago that person posted entire pages containing a repetition of the 'C' word on numerous threads throughout the site. I went through the site and deleted those posts and only then, after seeing the extent of the obvious trolling, I banned them.
I can agree, the tone of conversation and denigrating of other supporters does not bode well for the future.
I too am curious about the outcomes being sought. I am aware that on at least one occasion Moderators sought advice or direction from Kul. None was forthcoming, unless this thread is that direction.

That's a shame mate, I've always found you very level headed even in disagreement. People who have time to go around dropping multiple c-bombs.... not much to say about them, I hope they are kids so they might at least grow up.

I have nothing against anyone on here, generally still enjoy the forum and don't think it is objectively worse than any other point.

The worst thing is the pettiness of people making the same comments about the same thing over and over. Like their human rights are violated because something minor happened on an anonymous internet platform. Rightly or wrongly I hope that can stop now, but as a cross section of humanity we will always have different characters and really it is no worse than other aspects of being a human in society, and in many respects it is way better. Especially when the tigers win!

@tiger5150 said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508595) said:
@balmain-boy said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508328) said:
If getting rid of Cochise and willow is the solution then you're asking the wrong questions.

Without knowing their personal circumstances, I believe if they were empowered to do the job effectively the forum would be a more pleasant place

Well said...the smearing of these bloke who have always had the interest of this place at heart is disgraceful.

There is no doubt that this place has gone badly backwards over the last 6-12 months, but Willow & Cochise were mods prior to that. They are not the common denominator.

As a long time forum member I totally agree with all the above. I would say that @cochise and @willow were the victims of a proper witch hunt!

And most unprofessionally dumped from what I can see.

Exceptionally poor leadership and communication from @kul Totally disrespectful of people that have supported him and helped him make mone weak and lacking in integrity and internal strength. And courage. Just the way I see it.

@tiger_steve said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509082) said:
Exceptionally poor leadership and communication from @kul Totally disrespectful of people that have supported him and helped him make mone weak and lacking in integrity and internal strength. And courage. Just the way I see it.

@kul has broken up the monopoly that a few people had on the forum which is for everyone to enjoy. Not just a select few.

Get used to it or go. I don't see the benefit of continued, targeted attacks against kul because you didn't get your way. Just the way i see it.

@ any mods still here, the post by tiger Steve here is pretty much in violation of the forum rules right? harassment of other posters? I would hope to see it deleted.

@nt_tiger said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509038) said:

I'm surprised you and Cochise lost your mod badges. Hopefully you stick around.

@tigerbalm said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509084) said:

@kul has broken up the monopoly that a few people had on the forum which is for everyone to enjoy. Not just a select few.

Get used to it or go. I don't see the benefit of continued, targeted attacks against kul because you didn't get your way. Just the way i see it.

@ any mods still here, the post by tiger Steve here is pretty much in violation of the forum rules right? harassment of other posters? I would hope to see it deleted.

Well then we would have to delete this post as it. quoted the said post requesting deletion..

@geo said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509089) said:

Well then we would have to delete this post as it. quoted the said post requesting deletion..

Ill leave it your capable hands to make the call.........................................................................

To be honest, until this post i was going to leave and stay out of this but your post is not on.

I don't care about the mod demotion, it could have been handled better but those are the breaks. What I do care about is the fact many of these returning members have been using other social sites to bully and harass users of this site, I have been one of the users targeted, but so have many others. This has been abuse around what people do for a living, their family relationships and what they look like. I used to have a lot of respect for @kul but he is condoning that behaviour by allowing those people to return here. We now have these users trying to chase off longer term members of this site and it is wrong.

My loss of respect for @kul isn't over the mod issue, it is that he doesn't care about the community we built here, he is condoning the bullying of members of this site to increase the clicks and revenue that goes into his pocket.

That is not what this place should be about.

My name is Garry Watson and I am willing to put my name to my comments and behaviour.

@cochise said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509091) said:

To be honest, until this post i was going to leave and stay out of this but your post is not on.

I don't care about the mod demotion, it could have been handled better but those are the breaks. What I do care about is the fact many of these returning members have been using other social sites to bully and harass users of this site, I have been one of the users targeted, but so have many others. This has been abuse around what people do for a living, their family relationships and what they look like. I used to have a lot of respect for @kul but he is condoning that behaviour by allowing those people to return here. We now have these users trying to chase off longer term members of this site and it is wrong.

My loss of respect for @kul isn't over the mod issue, it is that he doesn't care about the community we built here, he is condoning the bullying of members of this site to increase the clicks and revenue that goes into his pocket.

Then just stay and keep posting? No biggie.

To be honest the only bullying I am seeing at the moment is a collective push to slap @kul around. You've made several comments about money and i think its a bit off considering this is free for all us to use. If he can make some $$$ why does it matter?

Or don't? I have seen it typed here over the years and I am sure you have typed it. If you don't like the Rules, go make your own forum.

@tigerbalm said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509096) said:

To be honest the only bullying I am seeing at the moment is a collective push to slap @kul around. You've made several comments about money and i think its a bit off considering this is free for all us to use. If he can make some $$$ why does it matter?

Or don't? I have seen it typed here over the years and I am sure you have typed it. If you don't like the Rules, go make your own forum.

I would never type something so condescending, I don't haveva problem with kul making some money, I do have a problem with him condoning bullying to increase that money.

@cochise said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509097) said:
@tigerbalm said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509096) said:

I would never type something so condescending, I don't haveva problem with kul making some money, I do have a problem with him condoning bullying to increase that money.

Going in circles here. Good luck to you. I hope you can work through this is a positive way and continue to be a part of the forum.

Cochise, you are one of the most responsible and affable members on this forum. What has happened does not reflect on you or Willow. However you decide to proceed, take comfort from the fact you have the respect of many on this forum.

@cochise, you're a passionate WT fan. You should stay for that reason alone. I'm praying this Club will turn eventually and give us success, id like to think you'd be here to enjoy it.
Wish you well, whatever you choose.

Staff online

Back