Another Quick Forum Update

With regards moderation. I've never been banned or had a post deleted and I've never had an issue with the mods. I've never felt restricted in what I could say (but then I do try to think before I post).

The site has rules by which everyone agrees to abide so I don't see the issue. You break the rules you get banned seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Just play the ball, not the man, and don't troll. It really should be self-moderating but I can't see it happening given some of the stuff thrown up in recent times.

@demps said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509747) said:
@geo said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509741) said:
@demps said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509738) said:
@geo said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509736) said:
@jirskyr said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509716) said:
@geo said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509238) said:
So the question to the forum would be is that now acceptable…?

The actual question is - is someone actually asking the rest of us what should be acceptable, or is kul just making the decision alone?

Well we have asked that of @kul and have had no response… so as it appears it’s up to the community.. I’m asking what is now acceptable and what is not.. as in what goes and what doesn’t…?

? Racism
? Weird sexual posting
? threats of violence towards users

Pretty simple.

Abuse OK or spamming 100 threads swearing then being banned and rejoining under a different name. ?

As @Spartan117 said,
No extreme swearing necessary.

Abuse? Not necessarily.
Common sense used.
Like if you and happy are having little digs at each other , there's a friendship there so as long as it isn't overtly inappropriate, it's fine.

That dude following @compensate from thread to thread just to ridiculed him and that no mods spoke up about.... I'd say that is abuse and no. ?

Spamming threads? That one incident you speak of is clearly not the go.

Being banned and signing up under a different name? Been happening forever... again, maybe keep a closer eye on em and respond accordingly.

??

Funny that you mention the incident with compensate that dude was banned but complained to kul who lifted the ban?‍♂️

@innsaneink said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509745) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509731) said:

The actual question is - is someone actually asking the rest of us what should be acceptable, or is kul just making the decision alone?

I’ve put the call out and suggestion in this thread a couple of times for **people to state what they want** and no one much has been said everyone is too busy getting upset about what they think might happen. Got any ideas?

Strippers?

Are you painting the house?

@geo said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509766) said:

Well we have asked that of @kul and have had no response… so as it appears it’s up to the community.. I’m asking what is now acceptable and what is not.. as in what goes and what doesn’t…?

? Racism
? Weird sexual posting

Pretty simple.

Abuse OK or spamming 100 threads swearing then being banned and rejoining under a different name. ?

As @Spartan117 said,

Abuse? Not necessarily.
Common sense used.
Like if you and happy are having little digs at each other , there's a friendship there so as long as it isn't overtly inappropriate, it's fine.

That dude following @compensate from thread to thread just to ridiculed him and that no mods spoke up about.... I'd say that is abuse and no. ?

Being banned and signing up under a different name? Been happening forever... again, maybe keep a closer eye on em and respond accordingly.

??

Funny that you mention the incident with compensate that dude was banned but complained to kul who lifted the ban?‍♂️

Only so much abuse some one can take before the snap.

That was months of harassment.

@jd-tiger said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509760) said:
To me, offensive swearing isn't oh shit I did this.
Offensive swearing is 'you are a ...'

But I may be in minority.

But that S bomb could possibly get you booted. ( i dont agree with it) but going by the rules and depending on which mod saw it and how he felt about you, you could've got punted.

How's that ok?

If you leave the rules with any grey areas, they will be exploited and to me, the main reason we are now looking for two more mods.

keep it really simple. ( slurs, racist, doxing) - booted.

The rest is up to the user. If i notice that you use the S bomb too much and I don't like it. I block you. If i say something you dont agree with and you call me a knobhead, i can defend my point or not. I can block you or leave the site.

@tigerbalm said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509758) said:
@tigerwest said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509748) said:
@tigerbalm said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509746) said:

? Racism
? Weird sexual posting

Pretty simple.

live in the now man.

What do you mean?

He knows the answer to his question but is raising it to prove some type of point. Obviously if someone drops c bombs in every thread, they should be booted. Unless it's after the last game this year in which case it's ok.

Not trying to raise any point .. just trying to gauge the consensus…

I agree with your post..

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509768) said:
@innsaneink said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509745) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509731) said:

I’ve put the call out and suggestion in this thread a couple of times for **people to state what they want** and no one much has been said everyone is too busy getting upset about what they think might happen. Got any ideas?

Strippers?

Are you painting the house?

No... I've finished now

@demps said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509769) said:

? Racism
? Weird sexual posting

Pretty simple.

As @Spartan117 said,

Abuse? Not necessarily.
Common sense used.

??

I think you misunderstood the guy who harassed compensate was banned which was then lifted..

@geo said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509775) said:

? Racism
? Weird sexual posting

Pretty simple.

As @Spartan117 said,

Abuse? Not necessarily.
Common sense used.

??

I think you misunderstood the guy who harassed compensate was banned which was then lifted..

Is that guy still a member here?

? Racism
? Weird sexual posting

Pretty simple.

As @Spartan117 said,

Abuse? Not necessarily.
Common sense used.

??

Yeah! Sorry...

@compensate got his ban lifted too.
After he was provoked for months.
Was legit bullying if I've ever seen it.

@viking-warrior said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509776) said:

? Racism
? Weird sexual posting

Pretty simple.

As @Spartan117 said,

Abuse? Not necessarily.
Common sense used.

??

?

? Racism
? Weird sexual posting

Pretty simple.

As @Spartan117 said,

Abuse? Not necessarily.
Common sense used.

??

I believe there has been an ungracious exit..

@geo said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509781) said:

? Racism
? Weird sexual posting

Pretty simple.

As @Spartan117 said,

Abuse? Not necessarily.
Common sense used.

??

Worked itself out in the end, let's hope they don't join under a new name incognito

The whole labelling someone a troll to me seemed like an effective way to get the mods to react - often resulting in a ban. Hope this is no longer an issue.

@telltails said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509784) said:
The whole labelling someone a troll to me seemed like an effective way to get the mods to react - often resulting in a ban. Hope this is no longer an issue.

Trolling is Trolling pretty petty thing to do on an internet forum.

@tigerbalm said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509770) said:
@jd-tiger said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509760) said:
To me, offensive swearing isn't oh shit I did this.
Offensive swearing is 'you are a ...'

But I may be in minority.

But that S bomb could possibly get you booted. ( i dont agree with it) but going by the rules and depending on which mod saw it and how he felt about you, you could've got punted.

How's that ok?

If you leave the rules with any grey areas, they will be exploited and to me, the main reason we are now looking for two more mods.

keep it really simple. ( slurs, racist, doxing) - booted.

The rest is up to the user. If i notice that you use the S bomb too much and I don't like it. I block you. If i say something you dont agree with and you call me a knobhead, i can defend my point or not. I can block you or leave the site.

I don't think you should belittle a person when you disagree with them. (I'm not referring to you tigerbalm, but you as in a rule for everyone.) To me that's showing disrespect and has no place on a forum.

If you disagree with someone, for sure say no, I have a different opinion. There's no need to call someone a knobhead.

@viking-warrior said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509783) said:
@geo said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509781) said:

? Racism
? Weird sexual posting

Pretty simple.

As @Spartan117 said,

Abuse? Not necessarily.
Common sense used.

??

Worked itself out in the end, let's hope they don't join under a new name incognito

Said he wanted to see the fall out.
There was none.

Looking forward to talking more footy on here instead of the dramas.

@cochise you good?

@jirskyr said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509719) said:
@macdougall said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509243) said:
@jirskyr said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1508898) said:
I'm still trying to figure out who argues with mods and why they would do this. I've been here 17 years, never banned, never had a fight with a mod. I'm not clear why it's hard for some folks; you don't have to do much to stay in the good books and still offer your opinion.

And now there's this fairly pathetic chest beating going on in this thread, about topics I really don't understand, but it's ugly.

I got put on mod preview once and I messaged Willow and was like "hey Willow mod preview sucks can you just undo it and if I ever do anything wrong again you can just ban me" and he agreed and removed the mod preview. Willow was alright at times but the dude had hectic high school teacher vibes that just attracted and encouraged people to take issue with his authority (and created a clique of sycophants that made the forum eye rollingly cringe at times).

Never ever had a clash with willow... again, it shouldn't be that hard to navigate around people.

Pretty hard to navigate around a mod that had so much time on his hands he'd police you when you use common terms like wtf. I dunno bout you but as a grown ass man on a footy forum I'd prefer to be able to talk like I do with anyone else. Sure if this was a primary school it might be different.

@viking-warrior said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509785) said:

Agree. Also petty to accuse someone of being troll who simply just doesn't agree with you.

@telltails said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509791) said:
@viking-warrior said in [Another Quick Forum Update](/post/1509785) said:

Agree. Also petty to accuse someone of being troll who simply just doesn't agree with you.

Agree there mate

Back