Ask The Boss Segment

earl

What did you guys think of this ?

I think it comes down to Sheens being able to turn the club around via attack and maybe a better squad over the next couple of years mostly via juniors coming through.

It's not exactly great news to me but it meets my expectations.

I think it comes down to Sheens being able to turn the club around via attack and maybe a better squad over the next couple of years mostly via juniors coming through.

Well I enjoyed it.
firstly I thinking seeing and hearing both Pascoe and Sheens certainly helped me understand the club a little better,and the questions offered answered a lot of concerns.
Obviously the only true indicator will be on field performance so that will only come in the year(s) ahead.
We are not there by any means, but I like to think we might be on our way.
As TS said we should be looking to gradual improvement over time and I am ok with that.
Others maybe not.

First reaction Earl...I had flashbacks from when he did this with "Get On the Bus" then the Hollywood series fiasco.
There is something about Pascoe that makes me want to turn the video off.
I think who ever directs this segment needs to look at the setting and clothing. Tim's hat looks like he's trying out for a skateboard comp.
Putting all the aesthetics aside I got a good feeling about the COE. The main point that Tim kept repeating was the centre kept things close and all under the one roof. Training, weight room recovery, conference/media room etc etc.
I think this centre is going to change our successes somewhat.

I think this centre is going to change our successes somewhat.

I have no confidence in this at all. There are so many changes to the team for next year we might improve but I think the most important part will be Sheens getting the team to attack. So my hope/prayer is that the players we have under contract improve significantly as a group under Sheens.

I'm basically hoping that Madge was the issue for whatever reason. I actually don't think this was the case.

Api is a massive improvement in a key position but Sheens somehow needs to get a significant boost from the current players. He was stating that improvements in injuries may help the team and it might. Players get injured though.

You can't have high expectations for next season if you are being rational.

I have no confidence in this at all. There are so many changes to the team for next year we might improve but I think the most important part will be Sheens getting the team to attack. So my hope/prayer is that the players we have under contract improve significantly as a group under Sheens.

I'm basically hoping that Madge was the issue for whatever reason. I actually don't think this was the case.

Api is a massive improvement in a key position but Sheens somehow needs to get a significant boost from the current players. He was stating that improvements in injuries may help the team and it might. Players get injured though.

You can't have high expectations for next season if you are being rational.
Are you saying you have no confidence in the COE or is it just the way you wrote it.
Injuries play a huge part in whether you win or lose.
The COE along with new performance staff can only improve our club regarding the prevention of injuries.
He also basically said next year is a building phase so hopefully this means getting the joint more organised and professional from the ground up. Making the 8 next year would be a bonus.
Can I just reiterate that when Tim Sheens was once asked when should we see a competitive tiger outfit....Tim said "we are aiming for a title in 06"
They won the title in 05 😉

Are you saying you have no confidence in the COE or is it just the way you wrote it.

I think it's a good thing. I think it will make absolutely no difference to how we perform. It's more about recruitment and possibly retention but that is a longer term issue.

I don't think the facility will improve the players at all.

Injuries play a huge part in whether you win or lose.

Agreed. It's just injuries are exceptionally hard to manage.

The COE along with new performance staff can only improve our club regarding the prevention of injuries.

I don't see it. I think it often just comes down to luck. Sure you might get a small improvement but the nature of the sport and the training is that you'll get injuries. It's not like they are going from terrible to now the best in the world of all time and that only makes so much difference anyway.

Can I just reiterate that when Tim Sheens was once asked when should we see a competitive tiger outfit....Tim said "we are aiming for a title in 06"
They won the title in 05 😉

We just have to wait and see what happens. This past season I thought the most important thing was sorting out our halves. That is not sorted. Hopefully we make some progress on that and other issues within the team next season. It'd be good to see some positive footy over the course of the season.

In theory yes in practice that comes down to the attitude of the playing group.

This is my point. It's always going to come down not just to attitude but ability. Teams get blown off the park physically. They just can't compete. It's not a mind-set although that might make a difference.

I think next season is dependent on somehow turning a bunch of players form around. Some players will have to make massive improvements.

I'm hopeful Sheens can somehow pull it all together but I bet we will be picked as wooden spooners via the bookies.

This is my point. It's always going to come down not just to attitude but ability. Teams get blown off the park physically. They just can't compete. It's not a mind-set although that might make a difference.

I think next season is dependent on somehow turning a bunch of players form around. Some players will have to make massive improvements.

I'm hopeful Sheens can somehow pull it all together but I bet we will be picked as wooden spooners via the bookies.
Most of our blokes have plenty of room for improvement in the areas of strength and fitness but it means that they have to want to put in the time and effort off the field, to improve on it. And that requires a shift in attitude to accept that what they produced last year if repeated this year is not good enough.

Most of our blokes have plenty of room for improvement in the areas of strength and fitness but it means that they have to want to put in the time and effort off the field, to improve on it. And that requires a shift in attitude to accept that what they produced last year if repeated this year is not good enough.

I think they'll work hard off the field. I'm concerned they don't have the ability.

Dear @TheDaBoss,

Assuming Dessie is sacked by Manly in the near future, where do you think he will end up?

Do you think any NRL club will sack their contracted NRL coach to pick him up or will he need to wait another season?

Do you think Manly had a top 6 team this year but fell off the rails?

Thank you for considering my enquiries.

26152110-97B2-476C-89ED-67BFF64E6A96.jpeg

Kind Regards.

Ask The Boss: Episode 1
Back by popular demand is Ask The Boss. Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe talks to Head Coach Tim Sheens about some key issues and what to expect from our new coaching staff and players ahead of the new season.

Back