Ask The Boss Segment

Well, my two cents worth: it was good to hear Sheens' thoughts. It was also less Laurel & Hardy when Pascoe & Cleary fronted the show. Pascoe was OK apart from his hopeless hairdo.

Pascoe provided an alert when a question posed to Sheens about our playing style was straight batted back without spoilers other than we will be different and favour attacking footy.

The roles of the coaches were outlined and I thought it clarified his (Attack) Furner's (Defence) Benji's (Edges) & Robbie's (Middles) jobs.

The reference to the side's injury toll affecting the team came up & he said no excuses. Interestingly Sheens mentioned how the Roosters & Storm both used this as an excuse when they "whinged" over their Finals losses. He was ecstatic that Stefano was dedicating himself to the team over the WC opportunity. And he was excited by the return of Blore & Talau (so presumably a new contract for TT)

I was wondering if anyone knows when this was recorded cos the reference to the Api faux pas was raised and dismissed as something that happened the other day when it was at least 10 days ago. Plus they mentioned that Sheens was on his way to the WC but I thought that he had left last week. No big deal I guess, but just thought it odd as it removed the timeliness of the information and implies that we won't get anything else for at least a month or after the WC.

In any case, it was good to see the glimmers of hope in the narrative,

Well I think the timing in relation to new memberships was a marketing ploy but don’t think we could have expected anything other than what we got.
Thought it was interesting that no question
Relating to the halves was forthcoming and they were all novice members.
Now if they came on here, it might be a different story. I’m sure many people would want to ask Pascoe about his hair ( like that’s relevant ) and other useless questions.
What was interesting to me was that TS hasn’t seen his missus for almost a year and that she is going to have a job in the Footy Operations dept. Hope that all works out but imo the job may not be a good idea.

Each to their own, but I enjoyed it.

The club is on its feet financially, with a new COE and a fully funded and much expanded footy department. After his failures with the Robbie disaster at both endings of his time with us, balanced by his improvements elsewhere, I am willing to give Pascoe another season to lay claim to remaining in his role.

Sheens, unsure as well, but damn happy to hear a focus on attacking footy, and looking forward to scrum plays from the choice of field position.

Well I think the timing in relation to new memberships was a marketing ploy but don’t think we could have expected anything other than what we got.
Thought it was interesting that no question
Relating to the halves was forthcoming and they were all novice members.
Now if they came on here, it might be a different story. I’m sure many people would want to ask Pascoe about his hair ( like that’s relevant ) and other useless questions.
What was interesting to me was that TS hasn’t seen his missus for almost a year and that she is going to have a job in the Footy Operations dept. Hope that all works out but imo the job may not be a good idea.
They met at the club during Tim's first stint I believe.

They met at the club during Tim's first stint I believe.
Yes, I got that as well. She was obviously good at her job to have her back,but think that it may, and I repeat may, just make it somewhat awkward at times.
Look at the claims of nepotism levelled at Arthur this year. I know she’s behind the scenes but there are always people keen to stick the knife in ( just ask Robbie) when they feel inclined.
Hope I’m very wrong and probably overthinking the situation.

I thought it was good and happy they did it.
Interesting the 29 players when i thought it was like 27 so assuming they might of signed some more but not announced yet.

I also think we are in for a big ride on a roller coaster with us changing our full game structure and attack as our main focus. Exciting IMO

Interesting to see who Sheen's is going to be meeting with in UK as a lot of NRL players over there for WC plus all the England guys.

I truly believe we are heading in the right direction and are not doing a patch job on juniors and pathways etc... Panthers were in trouble like this about 4 years ago and we are on following suit.
I look at some other clubs like Dragons and Manly and they look like they are in quicksand and are looking for a money ball approach to win.

Yes, I got that as well. She was obviously good at her job to have her back,but think that it may, and I repeat may, just make it somewhat awkward at times.
Look at the claims of nepotism levelled at Arthur this year. I know she’s behind the scenes but there are always people keen to stick the knife in ( just ask Robbie) when they feel inclined.
Hope I’m very wrong and probably overthinking the situation.
Maybe we wanted her back so much and she said, you have to hire tim as coach ...twist 😱 😂

I'm pleased with Sheens comment about the off season he'll be working on attacking moves so we're scoring points, how many games this year were there for tiger's to win but had no idea how to attack, tigers looked lost when they had the ball, games against warriors twice, knights twice, dragons twice, titans, bulldog's

Dear @TheDaBoss,

Assuming Dessie is sacked by Manly in the near future, where do you think he will end up?

Do you think any NRL club will sack their contracted NRL coach to pick him up or will he need to wait another season?

Do you think Manly had a top 6 team this year but fell off the rails?

Thank you for considering my enquiries.

View attachment 2844

Kind Regards.
Warriors

Reactions: TSP
I'm pleased with Sheens comment about the off season he'll be working on attacking moves so we're scoring points, how many games this year were there for tiger's to win but had no idea how to attack, tigers looked lost when they had the ball, games against warriors twice, knights twice, dragons twice, titans, bulldog's
The master at creating an over lap I remember him talking about how many genuine chances you have in a game to score I think it was 7 on average and you had to convert 4 opportunity's to win a game

I think it's a good thing. I think it will make absolutely no difference to how we perform. It's more about recruitment and possibly retention but that is a longer term issue.

I don't think the facility will improve the players at all.
Can't agree sorry Earl. The COE is a huge plus. Have you been part of a modern football training centre? If you have then tell how it hasn't help the team.
There is a lot to co-ord on trg day and to have it all at you fingertips is a bonus.
I agree that the roster is most important but the training facilities comes a close 2nd imo.

Back