Ayshford

king_sirro

Please Sheens groom this kid as a centre and dont turn him into a backrower, we have enough of them and we are crying out for a tall and smart outside back.

Tonight i saw a bit of Matt King, a bit of Peter Jackson and a little bit of Ian Bradley in Blake.

He needs to learn to use his winger, at least twice he had Ryan unmarked and held onto it, he didnt even look for him.
Second time Ryan almost definitely wouldve scored and given us breathing space

What a game from Ayshford, caught out (twice???) but not badly, all over Matai.

i thought he was one of if not the best out there tonight what a game. He has 2 be in the centres for the rest of the yr n nxt yr.

Ayshford is just a good football player. Hopefully he stays in the backs though I think he will be moved into the forwards eventually. However in saying that, I don't think he will gain the necessary muscle mass in one off-season so we should probably see him in the backs next year at least.

He towelled Matai up today. Was superb with ball in hand and worked extremely hard in defence.

@king sirro said:
Please Sheens groom this kid as a centre and dont turn him into a backrower, we have enough of them and we are crying out for a tall and smart outside back.

Tonight i saw a bit of Matt King, a bit of Peter Jackson and a little bit of Ian Bradley in Blake.

\
\
Agree 100%. Those three plaers are what i can see in him also. The Fonz will keep him there for the time being.

i wasnt sure why they kept pursuing down lawrences side in the second half. they had so many over laps on ayshford/ryan's side and they'd been making metres…. i dare say if they persisted with it from the start of the 2nd half we might not have had such a stressful finish!

@innsaneink said:
He needs to learn to use his winger, at least twice he had Ryan unmarked and held onto it, he didnt even look for him.
Second time Ryan almost definitely wouldve scored and given us breathing space

the time he passed to ryan with the line open he dropped it…...

Yeah he always manages to get on the outside of his opposite and draws the winger… played very well tonight! If only he had a capable bloke outside him! Ryan needs to GO!

Very impressive game from young Blake, he really stood up in a high pressure game and should only improve from it. I do agree with Ink that he bombed one certain try atleast, but being young I can forgive him for that at this stage as he seems to be a smart enough kid to learn from his mistakes.

@Kaiser said:
Yeah he always manages to get on the outside of his opposite and draws the winger… played very well tonight! If only he had a capable bloke outside him! Ryan needs to GO!

Ryan might have blown that one, but when the wheels started to fall off near the end he was very good in both attack and defense. I thought he had a very good game except for that one blemish

@supercoach said:
@Kaiser said:

Ryan might have blown that one, but when the wheels started to fall off near the end he was very good in both attack and defense. I thought he had a very good game except for that one blemish

People are most certainly barking up the wrong tree by bagging Beau Ryan. He`s not overly talented, no doubt about that, but he`s one player i`d like to go to war with, he won`t go missing when the going gets tough, don`t worry about that.
Wing is not his ideal position, but he always puts in no matter what and it`s these types of players that are needed at this time of the season !

@Vicious said:
@supercoach said:
@Kaiser said:

People are most certainly barking up the wrong tree by bagging Beau Ryan. He`s not overly talented, no doubt about that, but he`s one player i`d like to go to war with, he won`t go missing when the going gets tough, don`t worry about that.
Wing is not his ideal position, but he always puts in no matter what and it`s these types of players that are needed at this time of the season !

You still need to offer more in his position… no doubt he tries.. no doubt he doesn't stuff up... but that should warrant his selection given the blokes we have who are waiting for their chance... I cannot stand the bloke... but meh...

Latest posts

Members online

Back