Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers Side Vs Newtown Jets

system

Just speculating on how the team will line up.

If all goes via standard Origin tradition the 18th man is released to his club for the weekends games. However I will assume he won't be because it is the NSWRL

As such I would predict

1 Gavin Cowan
2 Lee Bennett C
3 Ben Macdougall
4 Mitch Brown
5 Sam Latu

6 Darren Nicholls
7 Blake Lazarus

8 Eloni Vunakece
9 Ryan Carr
10 Matt Davidson (if over his concussion
11 Rhys Curran
12 Willie Mataka
13 Brett Lane

14 Bill Callaway
15 Tame Tupou
16 Ryan Dalziel
17 Wes Middleton
18 David Fafita
19\. John Clayton
\
\
It will be tough but alot will depend on what Roosters players get selected in Origin and who will be there replacements from Newtown. We may get lucky with the return of Al and/or Jason Schirnack. Fingers crossed

With Gowan replacing Meaney in the 2nd half he will play there.
Tame I feel wil be the starting prop, and I would put Currn into lock and Matty Ryan into second row…that's if he hasn't injuredhis shoulder again

Tame was very good off the bench, along with David Fifita who looked to have a real go and showed what he could do when he did have a go, these two blokes are ideal to bring off the bench for the impact they add, but with Tame in Sheens plans I won't be surprised if he does start this week. Hopefully Matt Davidson is back, he will definitely help in the front row stakes.

My Predictions were off

Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers coach Paul Fletcher has announced his team for the Round 13 NSW Cup clash against the Newtown Jets.

The game is being played at Henson Park on Sunday, July 4, at 3pm.

1 Gavin Cowan
2 Billy Callaway
3 Ben Macdougall
4 Lee Bennett (C)
5 Sam Latu

6 Darren Nicholls
7 Blake Lazarus

8 Eloni Vunakece
9 Ryan Carr
10 Willie Mataka
11 Rhys Curran
12 Matt Ryan
13 Brett Lane

14 Matty Davidson
15 Tame Tupou
16 David Fafita
17 John Clayton
18 Joseph Uliabau
19 Ryan Dalziel
\
\
Glad to see Ryan still named. Mataka to prop will be interesting to watch. Needs to get angry and fire right up

Very big bench for Balmain, that should ensure they get some good impact later in the match.

any chance of Tupou starting?

Also i havent seen any NSW Cup this year, how is Matty Davidson going?
If I remember correctly he was doing well in u20s before becoming very ill and when he recovered he was said to still be a big chance of being a future Wests Tigers first grader.

Tame to start? Still adjusting to the position and getting match fitness so I don't see it as likely.

Matt is only recently back and improving all the time. Still a great talent. Had two battles with the ilness and is enjoying being back it seems

1 Luke Towers
2 Chris Tuatara-Morrison
3 Troy Savage
4 Tu'u Maori
5 Sonny Tuigamala
6 Johnathon Ford
7 Russell Aitken
14 Tinirau Arona
9 Liam Foran
10 Khalid Deeb
11 Brad Barrett
12 Aiden Guerra
13 Jason Baitieri ©

8 Ryan Verlinden
15 Jason Wells
16 Ray Moujalli
17 James Koloamatangi

It certainly has not been their year. Considering the injuries that have happened it really could have been their shot at cementing a spot

He will do the job there though Alien. Gowers great asset in the middle is his footwork at pace and offload. Mataka also offers that

Don't think the Bags can win it this time CT. We are up 2 - 0 this season

Good win by the boys.
Matt ryan was the best on the park,Lazerous was really good setting up 3 trys with beautiful passes.Him and nichols are a good combination and both there kicking games where light years ahead of what we are seeing in firsts at the moment,both found space and sideline(not on the full) all game.

Mataka played centres and did some damage ,him and sam latu where a handfull outwide.

Solid win to Balmain as the refereeing was shocking and they had a lot of poor calls go against them. Newtown had all the early running and Balmain absorbed all the early pressure of their tryline and defended very well. When they finally got down to Newtown's end, they scored and raced out to an 18-0 lead through tries to Mataka, Curran and Bennett. Lazarus did the goalkicking today. Newtown then resorted to plenty of niggling in the ruck which worked and they scored two late tries just before halftime to trail 18-10.

Balmain again showed their class and kicked clear again in the second half through an early penalty goal, and then a further 2 tries to lead 28-10 and then Newtown scored a late consolation try.

Best for Balmain were Darren Nichols who again was very busy, kicked well and tackled well, Lazarus also was solid along with Matt Ryan and Ryan Carr. Jason Schirnack made a return from injury off the bench and showed his usual mongrel and Matt Davidson also played. Tame Tupou started in the front row today and had some good moments and a couple of scratchy moments with missed tackles, he did put on a couple of very good front on shots, one in the first half which really rattled number 16 for the Jets. David Fifita was not as effective this week and like his brother, arm grabs too much for a bloke his size. When he learns to drop the shoulder and curb his aggression, he'll be a much better player.

It was a good win though as the game didn't flow as much as last week's with Newtown spoiling the ruck and the ref obviously blind to all of it.

Staff online

Back