Benji and the Daily Tele...

cnx_tigers

Anyone notice that the Daily Tele had NOTHING about Benji's press conference the day after it was held?

No photos…......no pictures from the Zoo...........no "Tiger for Life" stuff...........nothing.

It was like it never even took place.

Meanwhile the SMH had a huge spread + photos of Benji at the Zoo.

The herald + weidler also 'scooped' the story......

So, the tele's resposnse was to boycott it. They had nothing.

The tele hate his manager and have decided to attack him. They are petty journalists..........absolutely petty.

And now they'd put this in today...............

Expect a LOT of bad news stories re Benji fellas..................he's on their "to attack" list due to his links with Weidler and the Herald.

They are gutter journos.
\
\
\
**Benji Marshall coup a matter of loyalty**
Andrew Webster

From: The Daily Telegraph February 27, 2010 12:00AM Increase Text Size Decrease Text Size Print Email Share Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Facebook Add to Kwoff Add to Myspace Add to Newsvine What are these?
WE don't mean to rain on Benji Marshall and the Wests Tigers' parade. The decision to sign the magical playmaker until the end of 2015 is a major coup.

Yet amid the warmth and fuzziness of this week, there have been plenty of raised eyebrows from many about the sizeable roll of the dice the club has taken.

Of course, there's the inherent danger that those troublesome shoulders of his won't see out the length of his new deal.

**And what of motivation? It is not this column's belief but certainly of others that Marshall produces his best football when it's time to renew his contract.**

It's a fair sledge - but certainly a feeling that's out there.

**What also rankles is the notion of loyalty that each party has been throwing about like confetti all week.**

Marshall's manager, Martin Tauber, threatened to yoink his player out of the club and game less than a year ago to play rugby in Japan after the NRL blocked his move to take up a lucrative off-season sabbatical in the 15-man code. Conversely, the Western Suburbs side of the joint venture didn't want to re-sign him last year because they considered him a dodgy conveyance given his litany of injuries.

When that was revealed on last year's Four Nations tour, Marshall snapped that he would not have re-signed with the Tigers at all had he known about the lack of love from the fibro side of the club.

Presumably, those troubled waters have been calmed, although we have no doubt they will start to churn again should injury strike or form eludes the 25-year-old.

**We hope not, but you can't help but feel that this will end in tears at some stage.**

We know the Truth.
Lets boycott the Telegraph!
They are just bitter because they always boast how they "told/printed it first and they got done over this time!

To sum it all up:
2 thumbs up for the Tiges!
:stuck_out_tongue:
2 fingers up to the Daily Telegraph!
:astonished:

Let's wait and see if they boycott the Tigers Premiership Victory on the back and front page in October.
:supporter:

It's not that easy Tri.

The TELE holds enormous power as it's widely read + sponsors and co. need the advertising space it provides. His manager right now is in the same category as those others who they've decided "there won't be anything positive" / subtle digs / watch for gossip that ruins his charachter.

They are the absolute gutter.

They don't even bother with facts "he plays his best football in a contract year"…......his best season was last season and he had two years still to run.

Innuendo "this is what people are saying"...........expect a lot of it.

The telegraph needs to print the tabloid on softer paper…......

What's even funnier is that they are Lauding Thurston as some sort of Super Hero cause $2 Mill is not enough....How dare the NRL limit what this grub can earn..........

I must say I like buying it.....Always need a great laugh....

@Geo. said:
I must say I like buying it…..Always need a great laugh....

Another thing that can make you laugh…........................reading that thurston leaves league for union for 1.9Million! :smiley:

The SMH has been full of positive Tigers stuff…...........

Big Sheens story there today............two huge Benji stories (multipe pages) during the week.

It's fair to say our club has a good relationship with them.

I am pretty sure Benji's manager doesn't deal with the Tele "journalists".

Sensationalised jounalism…...

Rarely do they have League story of sustance, just look at the poor coverage of the independent commission. Only one of the biggest issues in the history of the game.

The best thing is not to reply to their stories, it adds to there 'count'

I don't really read the Tele unless it is at work and I get to read it for free so I didn't realise how bad they were.

The way they are acting is about as low as it gets.

@Geo. said:

What's even funnier is that they are Lauding Thurston as some sort of Super Hero cause $2 Mill is not enough....How dare the NRL limit what this grub can earn..........

Dunno if theyre lauding him mate…I read the paper at cricket this morning, its online too....doesnt paint him in a good lighht at all imo.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/johnathan-thurston-holds-nrl-to-ransom/story-e6frexnr-1225834920515
COWBOYS halfback Johnathan Thurston has launched a $40,000 ransom demand on the NRL, insisting he should be paid an annual ambassadors fee to keep him in the code.
However, The Daily Telegraph has learned he wants to be paid for what he considers the saturated use of his image in NRL marketing.
Gallop admitted he was surprised by the demand, but had yet to be approached by Thurston or his management.

@innsaneink said:
@Geo. said:

Dunno if theyre lauding him mate…I read the paper at cricket this morning, its online too....doesnt paint him in a good lighht at all imo.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/johnathan-thurston-holds-nrl-to-ransom/story-e6frexnr-1225834920515
COWBOYS halfback Johnathan Thurston has launched a $40,000 ransom demand on the NRL, insisting he should be paid an annual ambassadors fee to keep him in the code.
However, The Daily Telegraph has learned he wants to be paid for what he considers the saturated use of his image in NRL marketing.
Gallop admitted he was surprised by the demand, but had yet to be approached by Thurston or his management.

Doesn't say what his doing is wrong or immoral…besides I like my version/slant better!!!!

@innsaneink said:

The last sentence just completely contradicts the first one.

Wow no quoted sources re thurston. He's a grub n a cat, but still, do they seriously research anything they write? I'm forced by work contracts to read the dt n it's total crap. And kicking benji in the guts after signing till 2015, gotta be a depressed eagles fan. Total crap.

how can they say Benji only plays his best when his contract is running out when
the back end of last year he played arguably his best football and at the time he was signed till the end of 2011.

The telegraph is absolute dribble!!! Sorry about the poor pun, but not too many people read into their stories!

The Tele has been negative ever since the SMH had the 2 page spread on Benji's visit with his relos in NZ a little while back. They were keen to talk up the run-in with Fifita and dredged up a clash with Adam Blair during the world cup. So transparent it's sickening

over the years the daily telegraph has become worse and worse and today its as bad as any paper ive read. its starting to resemble the tabloid trash papers they have in the uk.

@Masterton said:
The Tele has been negative ever since the SMH had the 2 page spread on Benji's visit with his relos in NZ a little while back. They were keen to talk up the run-in with Fifita and dredged up a clash with Adam Blair during the world cup. So transparent it's sickening

Yep….........a few weeks ago it was "Benji is arrogant", that's why Blair tried to belt him.

Then..........he's so "arrogant" that he couldn't take a tackle at training and Fifita tried to belt him.

Meanwhile.......the Herald has had stories about Benji and his family in NZ + his contract for life.

These are the facts..........Benji's manager hates the tele and doesn't want anything to do with them as they slagged him.

So........they aren't dealing with the Tele.

As a result..........the tele has decided to attack him. If they can't get positives, they'll run purely negatives. They are in the midst of running a severe negative attack against him and it's going to escalate as long as Benji's manager (rightfully) wants nothing to do with them.

This is the same paper who claimed that Ennis is a better hooker than Farah, yet Farah beat Ennis in all but one statistic, missed tackles.

…...idiots!

Back