Best/Worst Wests Tigers Jersey

The best shade of orange we ever used more to 2 decades. Ago
View attachment 10368
The shade change in the orange was a horrible mistake!

It was publicised at the time that it was due to extensive focus group marketing and that the club had trademarked the new deeper shade to avoid any commercial conflicts...

**** NOTE the contrast below is even more stark in natural light

1710322276946.png

Give Bennett or Bellamy this roster & even they don’t finish in the top 8… it’s why I won’t be judging Benji too harshly this season. I just want to see actual player development for once.
Totally disagree.

Our forward pack was rated in the top 8.
Our halfback options are ??? I have NFI if they will be Boom or Bust. Between Sullivan/Fainu/Galvin we may see promise. Sezer IMHO would deliver about as much as Hastings (or less).
Our backs suck but fullback. Lets also be honest Bula is good but not that good.

Bennett, Bellamy, Haslier would sort through our team and work out who they can build and who is reserve grade. All 3 would be able to reach out and find the players they want in our outside backs. Bellamy would flog the hell out of our team in the preseason and our defense would be sorted. Flanagan likewise would get our team matchfit.

Tim Sheens should have been able to get our team to "gel" and he did not. It was super sad from an experienced coach.

Were probably looking at 17th. However the potential is there. Our roster is strong-ish, our match Fitness SUCKS! Any of the B's, Haslier/Flanagan would be able to get our team coming 10th. 8th a definate possibility.

View attachment 10825

the 2006 home jersey was the shit. the Proton logo, the post-comp-win swagger. as Jose Mourinho says, "football heritage."
I was in football euphoria in '06 - still smiling about '05.
Gee wizz, I would have bought a Lotus (made by Proton) if I'd won Lotto that year.
And for Jose Mourinho, I have always loved his post match press conferences and his sparring with journalists; one of his best comments, for me, was the time he repeatedly replied "I have nothing to say" to a series of questions after a game where his team had lost.

Latest posts

Members online

Back