@odessa said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505115) said:
@magpie_magic said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505077) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505072) said:
@magpie_magic said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505069) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505045) said:
@magpie_magic said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505042) said:
@momo_amp_medo said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505036) said:
@magpie_magic said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505020) said:
Tried for the first time to create an account on Binance. Wow, I mean they ask for everything including photo. I mean do I trust these guys.? They will have all my information stored on file including photo passport in another country but where? So much for anonymity, nothing anonymous about it. What controls re my information?

Is it better to pay with poli? Create separate bank account just for this? Considered trying pulse but have to go via cape to buy them.

But I can see why trading stocks is so subdued these days. Advanced platforms, margin trading etc ,it seems crypto is a serious competitor to stocks and banking system in parallel.

Any tips re security?

Yep …. You have to go through the vetting process.
Lots of problems with undesirables trying to rip people off.
So it’s for you own protection.
Alonso the ATO and other government agencies are now involved through the crypto industry.
Any trader that doesn’t take you through that process can be treated with some deal of suspicion. So be careful.

Very interesting.

I don't need anonymity however I was hearing that that's what one gets with Cryptocurrencies but to me it's less anonymous than cash up to 10k and I would imagine people looking to launder money will get snuffed put. Nothing very crypto about it.

I suppose if I start trading it they probably provide trading statements for ATO.

Much to learn. Am probably late.
Was impressed by platforms. Seems a very mature industry designed as a potential value store rather than a currency.

If you want anonymity you need to go to decentralised exchange like Thorchain, but they’re in their infancy and it’s more swapping cryptos rather than buying with fiat.

No I don't need anonymity but the idea with Cryptocurrencies are that the government can't really shut them down and they can operate in parallel to the system but to my way of thinking the government can absolutely shut them down with control over account holders. I can't see how they can operate outside government supervision with this KYC requirement. Fees and "stamp duties and special taxes etc" can be imposed discouraging or limiting use. Even early holders will now have to expose themselves on fiat conversion .

On the flip side these KYCs etc give the market legitimacy and maturity so it seems they are here to stay. Just would prefer a little less proliferation.

I'm increasingly interested from a trading perspective so I appreciate all the advice on how to set up safely perhaps a small account of a few grand. I missed the boat by not investing in them as a long term asset as it's not really feasible to say purchase BTC putting 130k in hoping for a profit. Not to say it won't appreciate, just wouldn't feel right making a 130k transfer for e.g.

I should've nurtured my instincts buying in a few years ago but I stuck to trading stocks with relatively poor results thinking it right to pursue convention .

Great to see many of you guys having the smarts and fortitude to identify the opportunities in crypto early.

They might be able to shut down certain exchanges but that won’t impact your holdings if you have them kept offline in a hard wallet. I use Binance but if they shut down tomorrow I’d be fine as I only have a couple of things kept on the exchange (due to those coins not having a decent compatible wallet to hold them in)

Also, I would be shocked if the government banned exchanges given CBA has announced customers can buy a few cryptos through their app. They wouldn’t be entering the space on a whim.

That's what I'm feeling that the threshold has been breached and the industry is permanent and legitimate.

If your willing to wait buy cardano and stake in a liquidity pool
You will get a minimum of 12 percent return and cardano will over take Bitcoin in 5 years it's bigger stronger fast and cardano is getting into government record keeping and the school systes
Signing alot of contracts in the last month or two and it's sitting around $2.70 and if you get swyftx account really simple to use

Interesting to hear you say that. I’d be surprised If Cardano is still in the top 10 in 5 years.

They is alot of talk with sundae swap and cardano should happen this month

I just think everything about the project is underwhelming. It’s not overly fast and it’s ecosystem isn’t huge. I think it’s overvalued but I’ve been wrong many times before

@odessa said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505115) said:
@magpie_magic said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505077) said:
Tried for the first time to create an account on Binance. Wow, I mean they ask for everything including photo. I mean do I trust these guys.? They will have all my information stored on file including photo passport in another country but where? So much for anonymity, nothing anonymous about it. What controls re my information?

Is it better to pay with poli? Create separate bank account just for this? Considered trying pulse but have to go via cape to buy them.

But I can see why trading stocks is so subdued these days. Advanced platforms, margin trading etc ,it seems crypto is a serious competitor to stocks and banking system in parallel.

Any tips re security?

Alonso the ATO and other government agencies are now involved through the crypto industry.
Any trader that doesn’t take you through that process can be treated with some deal of suspicion. So be careful.

Very interesting.

I don't need anonymity however I was hearing that that's what one gets with Cryptocurrencies but to me it's less anonymous than cash up to 10k and I would imagine people looking to launder money will get snuffed put. Nothing very crypto about it.

I suppose if I start trading it they probably provide trading statements for ATO.

Was impressed by platforms. Seems a very mature industry designed as a potential value store rather than a currency.

If you want anonymity you need to go to decentralised exchange like Thorchain, but they’re in their infancy and it’s more swapping cryptos rather than buying with fiat.

No I don't need anonymity but the idea with Cryptocurrencies are that the government can't really shut them down and they can operate in parallel to the system but to my way of thinking the government can absolutely shut them down with control over account holders. I can't see how they can operate outside government supervision with this KYC requirement. Fees and "stamp duties and special taxes etc" can be imposed discouraging or limiting use. Even early holders will now have to expose themselves on fiat conversion .

On the flip side these KYCs etc give the market legitimacy and maturity so it seems they are here to stay. Just would prefer a little less proliferation.

I'm increasingly interested from a trading perspective so I appreciate all the advice on how to set up safely perhaps a small account of a few grand. I missed the boat by not investing in them as a long term asset as it's not really feasible to say purchase BTC putting 130k in hoping for a profit. Not to say it won't appreciate, just wouldn't feel right making a 130k transfer for e.g.

I should've nurtured my instincts buying in a few years ago but I stuck to trading stocks with relatively poor results thinking it right to pursue convention .

Great to see many of you guys having the smarts and fortitude to identify the opportunities in crypto early.

They might be able to shut down certain exchanges but that won’t impact your holdings if you have them kept offline in a hard wallet. I use Binance but if they shut down tomorrow I’d be fine as I only have a couple of things kept on the exchange (due to those coins not having a decent compatible wallet to hold them in)

Also, I would be shocked if the government banned exchanges given CBA has announced customers can buy a few cryptos through their app. They wouldn’t be entering the space on a whim.

That's what I'm feeling that the threshold has been breached and the industry is permanent and legitimate.

If your willing to wait buy cardano and stake in a liquidity pool
You will get a minimum of 12 percent return and cardano will over take Bitcoin in 5 years it's bigger stronger fast and cardano is getting into government record keeping and the school systes
Signing alot of contracts in the last month or two and it's sitting around $2.70 and if you get swyftx account really simple to use

Where do you recommend staking?

Any tips re security?

Very interesting.

Its because cba r allowing to buy thru there app is the reason im gonna start looking at investing in crypto

Is anyone else here starting to suspect that certain central banks and clandestinely accumulating 2 or 3 of the more well known coins through off balance sheet operations routed through some investment banks?

@thedaboss said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505173) said:

Any tips re security?

Very interesting.

Its because cba r allowing to buy thru there app is the reason im gonna start looking at investing in crypto

Yep, it’s an easy way for people to get access. The other major banks are sure to follow suit too.

@hangonaminute said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1146610) said:
@willow said in [Bitcoin](/post/1145720) said:
Bitcoin isn't the one to gamble your savings on. They'll only produce a finite number and then that's it. You needed to get onto it 5 years ago.

If you think that, I'm afraid you're making a big mistake, and you'll eventually be trying to get in at much higher prices.
I've been in this since 2013 and I can tell you it's only really starting to get going now.
Eventually anybody who doesn't own Bitcoin (and some other Crypto) will not be in a good position.

The fact that the supply is capped is part of the reason why it's a good idea to get some, it's "deflationary" we know how much is entering the supply and when and at what what rate and the total supply and roughly when that will happen.

As opposed to the current fiat currency which is created out of thin air, we don't know when or how much is going to be pumped into the supply and everytime it does it devalues the dollar we have in our pocket, we don't know how much in total will enter the supply because it's limitless and eventually it's value WILL be ZERO.
Every fiat currency has gone to ZERO.

What makes you think this current one won't and do you think we need a better one?

If you do I suggest you learn more about crypto because it's not going away any time soon and is becoming a lot easier to access and use.

In case you didn't know there's now a Crypo Visa card that you use exactly like your current bank card only it converts your Crypto to dollars so you can spend it anywhere that accepts Visa (which is everywhere)
you also get free Spotify and Netflix (if you stake so many coins, Google staking) and either 2% or 3% back on every purchase you make in the form of MCO which is a Cryptocurrency (and is increasing in value)
Also zero fees, you can essentially do away with your bank completely (I have).

You are your own bank, you can lend out your Crypto to whoever wants to borrow it and enter a "smart contract" where you come to an agreement on the rate of return and it's entered into the blockchain and it's completely "trustless" (learn about what trustless means)
so the transaction happens automatically, no middle man taking a cut, no trusting the other person to repay you.

The thing is, Crypto is so much more than just a digital currency, but it's best to discover what else it's capable of for yourself, what I said here is a small part of what it's capable of being used for.

The visa card is available at crypto.com if anyone is interested.

Free yourself.

A friend of mine loves crypto.com every Monday he gets his rewards/interest he puts half back in and spends the rest when he builds it up to receive $2000 every Monday he will retire

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505279) said:
@Odessa still confident about pulse pad?

Mate it's about to explode it's up to around 43 cents will hit $2.50 they have announced 3 IDO's over 11000 percent APY returns many staking pools ethurim will piggy back off it to cut the fees and the guy who brought it out has put in over $26 million of his own money was part of ethurim and hex has over 100K following it the question is just how much will you make and not to pull out to early

It could hit $7 it's going to the moon 🌜🌜🌜

I think just three or four good trades will get me a million $$$$

To bad I did not go hard on wagu swap

$1000 times 10 equals 10K
10K times 10 equals 100K
100k times 10 equals million

I have two ready to go but missing the third I had it but hesitate a few weeks back

Get on it and if everythink works out i will give you the next flyer

its better then betting on sportsbet

@odessa said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505340) said:

I have something small on it. Took me a while to figure out pankake swap and trust wallet

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505341) said:

I have something small on it. Took me a while to figure out pankake swap and trust wallet

So,
Say I buy on binance ETH on trustwallet why do I need to go to pancake swap. Can't I just go straight to coinmarkert.?
Still baffled by process and guessing I can't even KYC with5a scanner to scan license.

@magpie_magic said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505360) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1505341) said:

So,
Say I buy on binance ETH on trustwallet why do I need to go to pancake swap. Can't I just go straight to coinmarkert.?
Still baffled by process and guessing I can't even KYC with5a scanner to scan license.

I don’t know why. I did it the pancake swap way

Not the biggest crypto head but LRC has the potential to explode. Fairly small market cap atm but it has ties to GameStop (incoming announcement would see it rocket) and the ETH founder has come out personally and singled out Loopring as a healthy prospect.

Was lucky enough to chip in a bit at $1.3 AUD each

https://www.reddit.com/r/loopringorg/comments/qespta/loopring_university_read_if_new_to_loopring/

@speed2burn said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1509406) said:
Not the biggest crypto head but LRC has the potential to explode. Fairly small market cap atm but it has ties to GameStop (incoming announcement would see it rocket) and the ETH founder has come out personally and singled out Loopring as a healthy prospect.

https://www.reddit.com/r/loopringorg/comments/qespta/loopring_university_read_if_new_to_loopring/

I've got 600 now lol fingers crossed I keep buying the dip.

@spartan117 said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1509410) said:
Coinspot is so limited.

Ps, where to begin in staking????

Yeh I'm using CoinSpot as well, loopring has heaps of potential wish I had of got in when it was at .50c.. what's the story With GameStop?

@viking-warrior said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1509407) said:

Some people have over 10k+ and it makes me depressed

600 is a solid amount though. I really think it can reach $10 EOTY

@speed2burn said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1509414) said:
@viking-warrior said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1509407) said:

Some people have over 10k+ and it makes me depressed

600 is a solid amount though. I really think it can reach $10 EOTY

Fully agree wish I could afford 10k worth

Has anyone had a look into these Play to Earn games eg Axie Infinity?
My mate seems to think that is the future of all gaming.

@sausagesorcerer said in [Bitcoin and Crypto](/post/1509509) said:
Has anyone had a look into these Play to Earn games eg Axie Infinity?
My mate seems to think that is the future of all gaming.

I’m not sold on the nft/meta verse space yet as there’s a lot of celebrity streamers who have been scamming hanging around that area such as faze banks adin Ross ect

Latest posts

Back