Bitcoin and Crypto

@happy_tiger said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146696) said:
@Geo said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146687) said:
Seems an interesting topic... but what I want to know is

How much is a Pie and Sauce in Bitcoin..?

One bitcoin one pie ...one bitcoin one sauce

Hobbo and I will help you

Happy and Hobbo's Screw it up Quick Accounting Services

Not to be confused with Birdie and Wheels Screw it up Quick Gardening Services ...we would show up in Fancy Dress to fill your gardening needs

Seems cheap..cost some guy 10 000 bitcoins for 2 pizza's

@Geo said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146698) said:
@happy_tiger said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146696) said:

One bitcoin one pie ...one bitcoin one sauce

Hobbo and I will help you

Happy and Hobbo's Screw it up Quick Accounting Services

Not to be confused with Birdie and Wheels Screw it up Quick Gardening Services ...we would show up in Fancy Dress to fill your gardening needs

Seems cheap..cost some guy 10 000 bitcoins for 2 pizza's

You may have it mixed up .....2 bitcoin for 10000 pizzas perhaps

@willow said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146646) said:
@yeti said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146642) said:
@willow said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146639) said:
@Hangonaminute said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146612) said:
@Geo said in [Bitcoin](/post/1145728) said:
@willow said in [Bitcoin](/post/1145720) said:
Bitcoin isn't the one to gamble your savings on. They'll only produce a finite number and then that's it. You needed to get onto it 5 years ago.

Just another form of control...?

Who controls it?

Three people actually.

No one controls it. That's the whole point of a true crypto. It is a decentralised system. That's not to say price can't be manipulated to a point by 'whales' buying/selling large numbers of Bitcoin. That can happen in any market. So I am interested in your comment, Willow, that 3 people 'control' it. Can you elaborate?

Not in this case no.

Can you PM me with this information, or is there some other way I can access it?
Genuinely interested.
Cheers

@Hangonaminute said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146611) said:
@mike said in [Bitcoin](/post/1145727) said:
Bitcoin isn't the one to gamble your savings on. They'll only produce a finite number and then that's it. You needed to get onto it 5 years ago.

Pretty much a electronic pyramid scheme long term.

I'm interested in why you think that.

That's the way I see it
A pyramid scheme
Some one will loose out

@Cairnstigers said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146703) said:

That's the way I see it
A pyramid scheme
Some one will loose out

Most will lose out

@jadtiger said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146704) said:

That's the way I see it
A pyramid scheme
Some one will loose out

Most will lose out

Exactly
It's happened once
And it will happen again

Bitcoin crash: This man lost his savings when cryptocurrencies plunged

By Michael Kaplan September 11, 2018: 7:59 AM ET

An estimated $400 billion has been wiped off the value of major cryptocurrencies since January

@Hangonaminute said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146675) said:
@CocaCola said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146663) said:
Getting into Bitcoin now is just as much speculation as trading FX or stocks, unless you are actually mining coins. It's just the new trend that will probably be overshadowed by something else in 10 years.

I don't think it's going anywhere it's proven itself, imo the risk is not owning any Bitcoin or other Crypto at all.

It's changed my life in ways I never thought possible, I could have worked a 9 to 5 job for 20 lifetimes and not had the opportunity I now have because of it.
The most important thing it's given me is, freedom from association.

I now get to choose who I spend my time with, this life is short, I want to spend it with the people I want.
Working a 9 to 5 job doesn't allow that, spending most of your day with people who really don't give a rat's about you (but have to act like they do) isn't my idea of living.

I was pointing out that getting into bitcoin at this present time is no different to trading in shares or currency. Both of those give you freedom from a 9-5 job if you know how to trade. Bitcoin is just another market, people are kidding themselves if they think bitcoin will turn out to be some currency that it was intended to be. Its beneficial for black market buying & money laundering, but there is no way it will replace fiat currency.
When banks & governments start introducing their own crypto coins, those at the top of the bitcoin food chain will most likely pull out & jump ship causing a downward spiral in the bitcoin price. Anything backed by government will always have the masses follow it.

@Tiger5150 said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146686) said:
@mike said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1146685) said:
@Hangonaminute said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1146681) said:
@mike said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1146667) said:
@Hangonaminute said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1146603) said:
@cochise said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1146345) said:
@willow said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1146325) said:
What do the conspiracy theorists actually think the government is going to do to you if you download the app?

My concern isn't really with the app, why should our government be storing data that they collect on us on server in another country that can not be protected by our legal system? This is not just the data from this app, this would be the data on things like mygov etc.

Then take the privacy issue out of it for a moment, at this point in time while our economy is falling, why would we send a contract like this overseas instead of supporting our own businesses?

If you're relying on any "legal system" to protect your data, it's too late by that time the damage is done.
Any centralised method of storage is vulnerable to attack no matter what piece of ground it sits on.

That's why we need a decentralized internet where everyone OWNS their own identity and any data, they control it and decide who sees it, they also can track who has seen it on the blockchain in real time.

We need to take the power back!!!!!
And Cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology is building this infastructure right now.

This is the future of the internet, and you can invest and participate in building it.
Buy and use Cryptocurrency, it's never been easier.
Free yourself from these criminal cartels known as banks, be your own bank, own your own data and anything you create online.
Or continue being slaves to THEIR system.

In reality you are not taking anything back. All you are doing is moving from one Overlord, which you have some control over (not much mind you) to another Overlord that you have absolutely no control over.

What overlord will we be moving to?

Do you understand how decentralized systems work?

I find that people who don't understand all this like to make comments that demonstrate that they don't understand it.

Maybe asking questions would be a better way.

Do some real investigation. Look at the 2017 Bitcoin price crash and how it recovered. Then look at who in 2018 benefited the most and made an absolute motza and you will discover who your new Overlords really are. The decentralisation is an illusion it’s just a distributed system, your new Overlords control it.

Exactly right.....in a totally unregulated system. Crypto has previously been and always will be corrupted criminally and artificially but when it happens you have no recourse. It is a feature, not a bug. Google Vitalik Buterin, he wasnt responsible but he knows where the bodies are buried.

I'm not interested in arguing over what your opinion of Cryptocurrency is, if you aren't interested in it that's cool.

@mike said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146685) said:
@Hangonaminute said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1146681) said:
@mike said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1146667) said:
@Hangonaminute said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1146603) said:
@cochise said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1146345) said:
@willow said in [Coronavirus Outbreak](/post/1146325) said:
What do the conspiracy theorists actually think the government is going to do to you if you download the app?

My concern isn't really with the app, why should our government be storing data that they collect on us on server in another country that can not be protected by our legal system? This is not just the data from this app, this would be the data on things like mygov etc.

Then take the privacy issue out of it for a moment, at this point in time while our economy is falling, why would we send a contract like this overseas instead of supporting our own businesses?

If you're relying on any "legal system" to protect your data, it's too late by that time the damage is done.
Any centralised method of storage is vulnerable to attack no matter what piece of ground it sits on.

That's why we need a decentralized internet where everyone OWNS their own identity and any data, they control it and decide who sees it, they also can track who has seen it on the blockchain in real time.

We need to take the power back!!!!!
And Cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology is building this infastructure right now.

This is the future of the internet, and you can invest and participate in building it.
Buy and use Cryptocurrency, it's never been easier.
Free yourself from these criminal cartels known as banks, be your own bank, own your own data and anything you create online.
Or continue being slaves to THEIR system.

In reality you are not taking anything back. All you are doing is moving from one Overlord, which you have some control over (not much mind you) to another Overlord that you have absolutely no control over.

What overlord will we be moving to?

Do you understand how decentralized systems work?

I find that people who don't understand all this like to make comments that demonstrate that they don't understand it.

Maybe asking questions would be a better way.

Do some real investigation. Look at the 2017 Bitcoin price crash and how it recovered. Then look at who in 2018 benefited the most and made an absolute motza and you will discover who your new Overlords really are. The decentralisation is an illusion it’s just a distributed system, your new Overlords control it.

I've been involved since 2013, Ive done a fair amount of investigation.

@yeti said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146702) said:

Who controls it?

Three people actually.

No one controls it. That's the whole point of a true crypto. It is a decentralised system. That's not to say price can't be manipulated to a point by 'whales' buying/selling large numbers of Bitcoin. That can happen in any market. So I am interested in your comment, Willow, that 3 people 'control' it. Can you elaborate?

Not in this case no.

Can you PM me with this information, or is there some other way I can access it?
Genuinely interested.
Cheers

No can do sorry.

Go get a visa debit card from crypto.com load it with Bitcoin, take it to a bakery and find out.

@TheDaBoss said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146689) said:
A boy is asking his bitcoin investing dad for $10.00 worth in Bitcoin currency

His dad replied

Dad: $9.67 ? What do you need $10.32 for

You realise that the people who got into crypto early are all laughing at people who are holding a dying currency and one day will be selling their Bitcoin to you right?

@Cairnstigers said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146707) said:
@jadtiger said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146704) said:

That's the way I see it
A pyramid scheme
Some one will loose out

Most will lose out

Exactly
It's happened once
And it will happen again

Bitcoin crash: This man lost his savings when cryptocurrencies plunged

By Michael Kaplan September 11, 2018: 7:59 AM ET

An estimated $400 billion has been wiped off the value of major cryptocurrencies since January

Yep, markets go up, markets go down.
That's how they work.

If you're not interested I really don't know why you're here on a Bitcoin thread.

@CocaCola said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146733) said:
@Hangonaminute said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146675) said:
@CocaCola said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146663) said:
Getting into Bitcoin now is just as much speculation as trading FX or stocks, unless you are actually mining coins. It's just the new trend that will probably be overshadowed by something else in 10 years.

I don't think it's going anywhere it's proven itself, imo the risk is not owning any Bitcoin or other Crypto at all.

It's changed my life in ways I never thought possible, I could have worked a 9 to 5 job for 20 lifetimes and not had the opportunity I now have because of it.
The most important thing it's given me is, freedom from association.

I now get to choose who I spend my time with, this life is short, I want to spend it with the people I want.
Working a 9 to 5 job doesn't allow that, spending most of your day with people who really don't give a rat's about you (but have to act like they do) isn't my idea of living.

I was pointing out that getting into bitcoin at this present time is no different to trading in shares or currency. Both of those give you freedom from a 9-5 job if you know how to trade. Bitcoin is just another market, people are kidding themselves if they think bitcoin will turn out to be some currency that it was intended to be. Its beneficial for black market buying & money laundering, but there is no way it will replace fiat currency.
When banks & governments start introducing their own crypto coins, those at the top of the bitcoin food chain will most likely pull out & jump ship causing a downward spiral in the bitcoin price. Anything backed by government will always have the masses follow it.

I beg to differ

@Hangonaminute said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146769) said:

Go get a visa debit card from crypto.com load it with Bitcoin, take it to a bakery and find out.

Seems a lot of effort when I can just go a and give em 5 bucks..

Is bitcoin tangible..can you hold it in your hand..?

@Geo said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146777) said:

Your mobile phone is about as close as it gets...

@willow said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146784) said:

Your mobile phone is about as close as it gets...

Can you just buy him a pie please ....humble with peas will be fine

Right now 70% of transactions are digital, in case you haven't noticed we appear to be heading towards being a cashless world whether we like it or not.
You might as well pick the one that will serve us all well.

@willow said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146768) said:
@yeti said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146702) said:

Who controls it?

Three people actually.

Not in this case no.

Genuinely interested.
Cheers

No can do sorry.

That's a shame. Thanks, anyway.

@Hangonaminute said in [Bitcoin](/post/1146795) said:

Right now 70% of transactions are digital, in case you haven't noticed we appear to be heading towards being a cashless world whether we like it or not.
You might as well pick the one that will serve us all well.

Maybe but the Vietnamese Bakery I go to is Cash only..

Latest posts

Members online

Back