Blake Austin

Thought he took a few wrong options at times today but certainly adds a new dimension to the right hand side attack…

i think he is the perfect 14 moving forward..

@MacDougall said:
If Moses fills out well and can stop getting bullied on kick returns he's as good if not better than Tedesco as a fullback. He is a better support runner and better playmaker. Not as fast, and not as good a running game obviously.

1\. Moses
4\. Tedesco
6\. Austin
7\. Brooks?

Might allow for Tedesco to stop getting injured all te time to.
However, I'd probably prefer to see…

1\. Tedesco
4 Austin
6\. Moses
7\. Brooks

That halves combination is the future of the club.
Next DCE/Foran combo.

It's a tough one, but based on today and today alone, Tedesco could solve the centres issue?

Perhaps Austin will play hooker when Farah retires?

Maybe Moses at Centre?

Either way, I think all 4 need to be on the field.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

I reckon Austin could replace Farah down the track…
But not sure if he'd be down to wait around that long.

Think he's best bet is #6 or #13
but who knows what'll happen.

thought Penrith were stupid to let him go, but he's defo dedicated to the tigers.
one of my fav players at the moment..

The role of the 13 is just a more mobile version of the 8 and 10 in the modern game. They play a back-up role in the middle and cover the edge of the ruck in defense. Not a role for Austin IMO.

@formerguest said:
The role of the 13 is just a more mobile version of the 8 and 10 in the modern game. They play a back-up role in the middle and cover the edge of the ruck in defense. Not a role for Austin IMO.

I rate Austin but I think Moses is a better player and its not close. I also agree with your points above and I think Blair fits into 13 perfectly.

Maybe Austin can slot into 13 though if we have 5 gun forwards and a massive bench.

@formerguest said:

I agree, I think either he finds a spot in the centres (unlikely), we abandon our 4 big boppers on the bench (I hope not) or he may have to spend time in reggies.

I agree with Demps though, if he hangs around long enough he could be the replacement for Farah, although we're a few years away from that.

He's always had talent. Cleary and Gus rated him highly at the Panthers. Not sure why they let him go, but hey, their trash is our treasure i guess.

I'd give him a go in the #13 next year. I know for some, his size may be an issue but remember we just had Liam Fulton there and he was probably the smallest lock forward in the game over the past decade.

If we are going to go with Moses and Brooks in the halves next year, they will at times need another option in attack to take the pressure off. With Tedesco more of a hole runner rather then a ball player, Austin could be that extra option.

I can't see Austin wanting to play 9 permanently. He's stated several times he wants the 6 jersey. That may not be an option with Moses moving there next year (one would think). However, as has been stated several times already, our injury record would presumably mean plenty of game time for all 4 players.

@MacDougall said:
Well we're all saying that we need another gun outside back. Tedesco to the centres and all of a sudden we're sweet.
Go to the top of the class MacDougall….
1\. Moses
2\. Nofoaluma
3\. Tedesco
4\. Simona
5\. Richards
6\. Austin
7\. Brooks

That's a backline that would tear it up huge next year.

@Jazza said:
I'd give him a go in the #13 next year. I know for some, his size may be an issue but remember we just had Liam Fulton there and he was probably the smallest lock forward in the game over the past decade.

If we are going to go with Moses and Brooks in the halves next year, they will at times need another option in attack to take the pressure off. With Tedesco more of a hole runner rather then a ball player, Austin could be that extra option.

Nailed it.
An extra ball playing option.
1\. Tedesco
6\. Moses
7\. Brooks
9\. Farah
13\. Austin

YES PLEASE

Ludicrous to move Tedesco to fit Austin. Tedesco is an A+ fullback. Austin can play centres or bench utility.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

What a wonderful problem to have. Austin or Tedesco to the centres only works if Lawrence or Simona are moved though. I'd much prefer that to changing the bench.

if Potter changes that 4 man bench that'll do me

@quintus said:
@MacDougall said:
Well we're all saying that we need another gun outside back. Tedesco to the centres and all of a sudden we're sweet.
Go to the top of the class MacDougall….
1\. Moses
2\. Nofoaluma
3\. Tedesco
4\. Simona
5\. Richards
6\. Austin
7\. Brooks

That's a backline that would tear it up huge next year.

Just watched the highlights again. Moses is made for fullback. He is a great ball player.

Teddy is a great hole runner and a top defender. He wouldn't look out of place in the Centres.

Austin would be wasted at 13 - he needs to play 6.

The days are gone where the 13 would ball play and besides, the guys who played those positions were usually stocky 5/8's like Anasta, Fittler and Dymock. It would just water down our forward strength.

Don't want to get ahead of myself, but today was exciting.

Yeah I think that bench needs to stay together. They seem to feed off each other. Even with just one of them missing the rest have been less effective.

@Love the WestsTigers said:
Only issue playing 13 is there isn't much room so you kind of get limited with your ball playing ability and rely more on your physical attributes

That's Austin's positive though.
Even in situations with limited room he does very well with what he has.

Austin had a magnificent game,a great link between backs and forwards as well as being dangerous in his own right.Our right side benefitted from Blakes skills.

Latest posts

Members online

Back