Brooks, Moses, Luani and Halatau sign with Wests Tigers

Halatau is a bit of a strange one, never really expected it but only time will tell i guess

they would have got him cheap and also good back up for when Robbie plays for NSW and or injured….

Good to have the young players signed to the club not really sure about Dene but at least he wont get crucified like Sheens did to him.Hopefully Woods is the next in line to sign an extended contract with us

@smeghead said:
Halatau is actually a vital cog in terms of rebuilding culture.

I was happy to see him go when he left but his time away from Sheens has seen him grow as a player and his directness and ability to provide an extra DH runner can prove invaluable. His experience is also an asset.
\
\
Luani is a great signing as he will take that Halatau role after Denes contract is finished.

Should also see the end of Masada which is also a highlight

Yeah I agree with this statement Smeg. Halatau may be past his best on the field, but he brings a level head to the club and no ego. He's not a walk up start for FG so people shouldn't panic. Glad we re-signed Luani, pity he wasn't given a run ahead of Iosefa this year really.

I really hope that Brooks, Moses and Luani mature with Wests Tigers in the same way that Dene Halatau did. He is the young players' example to follow.

It's clear the club is building for the future which is good, but what about the short term, looks like another tough year next year.

I don't mind halatau. He would of come cheap and will offer a lot of experience to a young side. I don't expect him to play much first grade though

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Good to hear that we've locked up two young halves which so much is expected of. Do we think either of them will start in round 1 next season?

Don't mind Halatau coming back if he is moving into a coaching/development role. Not sure if he will offer much on the field next season except depth.

very good news, Brooks and Moses all wrapped up, here's hoping they can make it in the top grade.

Great news on Brooks and Moses, but by golly they have a heap of expectation on them now. I hope they rise to the challenge!

Yeah I agree a lot of expectation but we won't know until we try it ? If it doesn't work a lot on here will be sharpening there knives saying why we signed them for that long…. But would you rather lose them and see them blossom at another club? Can't have it both ways . It will always be a gamble

@cunno said:
It's clear the club is building for the future which is good, but what about the short term, looks like another tough year next year.

Completely understand where you are coming from and next year is a write off in terms of winning anything. However, I would rather be on the bottom rung of a ladder that leads to the top than halfway up a ladder going nowhere.
What has been done was necessary in my opinion.

@foreveratiger said:
Yeah I agree a lot of expectation but we won't know until we try it ? If it doesn't work a lot on here will be sharpening there knives saying why we signed them for that long…. But would you rather lose them and see them blossom at another club? Can't have it both ways . It will always be a gamble

Of course not. I just hope it pays off, associated we all.

"Club CEO Grant Mayer says that the signing of Halatau was about much more than just football.
“His experience and leadership as a senior player is going to be invaluable for some of our younger players,’’ Mayer said. “We have been very clear that we are investing very heavily in our juniors and a player like Dene will provide leadership and mentoring for the group. This is a strong signing for the club as he adds depth to our club both on and off the field. _**Dene has a fantastic reputation in the game as a true leader.”**_

What rubbish …............ Halatau wasn't a leader with us and isn't with the Bulldogs.
More spin from the spin doctor :unamused:

@Cultured Bogan said:
Great news on Brooks and Moses, but by golly they have a heap of expectation on them now. I hope they rise to the challenge!

I remember watching Craig Gower playing for Colyton A grade at 15 - he was already signed by the Panthers and they had huge wraps and expectations on him and they were not wrong in the end. So hopefully the people here at the WT's can see that too in these guys.

Good news imo, in particular Brooks & Moses.
Halatau has been playing better footy at the Dogs as he never appeared to reach a performance similar to the 2005 Prelim Final v Drags performance again at the Tigers. Here's hoping there's still some life in him yet….

Latest posts

Back