Brooks/Moses

@turnstyle said:
omg. it was such a beautiful day here in perth today. clear blue skies, 27C and just one of those days that makes you so glad you live in such a beautiful part of the world….

:eek:pen_mouth: Brools/Moses will be glad to hear that…

@Geo. said:
@turnstyle said:
omg. it was such a beautiful day here in perth today. clear blue skies, 27C and just one of those days that makes you so glad you live in such a beautiful part of the world….

put simply: im sick of brooks and moses threads!! :deadhorse:

@Chevy said:
Interesting comment from Austin after the game stating that Canberra forwards knew they would roll through the WT forwards in the second half.Maybe that comment had some thing to do with the wind advantage, but in fairness to Brooks and Moses if our forwards are not going to go forward and set a platform than these two can not be expected to perform miracles.

Ricky had also done his homework. Isolating Brooks and putting him up against FPN close to the line was no accident. Nor was Austin's pin point crossfield kick for Croker's try. They deliberately targeted Lawrence on that one.

Everyone slitting their wrist at the moment are really doing a disservice to how well the Raiders planned and executed in this match.

Maybe right Fordy but if so it just highlights how glaringly obvious Brooks and Lawrence deficiencies are to even a coaching nimby like Ricky.

@Chevy said:
Interesting comment from Austin after the game stating that Canberra forwards knew they would roll through the WT forwards in the second half.Maybe that comment had some thing to do with the wind advantage, but in fairness to Brooks and Moses if our forwards are not going to go forward and set a platform than these two can not be expected to perform miracles.

I think he may have been fudging a bit

Before last Sunday the raiders had the worst second half of any team in the comp, scoring only 18 from 6 games, and conceding 80….

They all wouldve known this at half time...they wouldnt have known wed let them score 18 when all they were averaging was 3

@Fordy20 said:
@Chevy said:

Ricky had also done his homework. Isolating Brooks and putting him up against FPN close to the line was no accident. Nor was Austin's pin point crossfield kick for Croker's try. They deliberately targeted Lawrence on that one.

Everyone slitting their wrist at the moment are really doing a disservice to how well the Raiders planned and executed in this match.

All he had to do was watch the Warriors vs us video, or anyone of a number of videos ,
The Warriors big fast guys just ran over us eventually and out defence disintegrates.(as Canberra did)
I don't wish to start ww3 with the rose coloured glasses brigade , but this is not new it's always been those types of teams that give us a clobbering
Hope we can turn it around this week .

@turnstyle said:

All dark and gloomy over here Mr Turner, a bit of rain and wind as well to really get some of our fellow forumers in the mood. Hope they brighten up a bit on Friday, just like our skies.

@Geo. said:
@turnstyle said:

please see my post "an apology from me". http://www.weststigersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23912&p=585254#p585254

given the timing, the above post could be easily be taken out of context and very heartless.

@formerguest said:
@turnstyle said:

All dark and gloomy over here Mr Turner, a bit of rain and wind as well to really get some of our fellow forumers in the mood. Hope they brighten up a bit on Friday, just like our skies.

yeh, i have just found this out! i feel terrible to have written it given the timing.

hopefully everything does brighten up soon - weather and tigers!

I have just been having a look at the stats for all the halves in the comp and while stats won't tell you everything they do tell a fairly damming story for the tigers halves.

Brooks has been strong in attack with 7 try assists and 4 line break assists putting him up near the top in attack. However he has the worst effective tackle 71%, only James Maloney has missed more tackles per game and also 11 errors with only Tyrone Roberts from Knights making more mistakes this year.

As for Moses his stats compared to other halves
- Least runs per game at 1.3 (comp ave 4.45)
- Least Meters per game - 13m (comp ave 40)
- Least in comp Try Assists, Line Breaks, tackle busts (all with 0),
- Least Line Break assists with 1
- Concerningly with this little in attack he has still made 8 errors (equal 5th worse errors)

However his defence has been good with 4th best effective tackle at 87% (comp ave 82%)

So Brooks is currently the worst defensive half in the game and Moses is the worst attacking half in the game this year.

They both have potential but you have to wonder how long these results can continue on

Moses has not had one decent game as 5/8th in NRL. Not seeing the potential like I do with Brooks. No where near Brooks's level. Did Brooks & Tedesco make Moses appear better in juniors? I never saw much of him.

@Jay said:
Moses has not had one decent game as 5/8th in NRL. Not seeing the potential like I do with Brooks. No where near Brooks's level. Did Brooks & Tedesco make Moses appear better in juniors? I never saw much of him.

Never really played with Tedesco in Juniors. All reports were that Moses was the better of Brooks and he. I think he will develop as the year wears on but the coach needs to release the shackles and let him run as he is a running player

@innsaneink said:
@Chevy said:

Before last Sunday the raiders had the worst second half of any team in the comp, scoring only 18 from 6 games, and conceding 80….

They all wouldve known this at half time...they wouldnt have known wed let them score 18 when all they were averaging was 3

Not only Austin quoted with this Ink, also the Fox MOM said the same… Something to it, and they were right. With the lead in hand, we started to lack defensive ticker and they got a sniff of it before half time.

@barra said:
@innsaneink said:
@Chevy said:

Not only Austin quoted with this Ink, also the Fox MOM said the same… Something to it, and they were right. With the lead in hand, we started to lack defensive ticker and they got a sniff of it before half time.

It wouldn't be hard to figure out, that if you want to smash the tigers, just keep a brutal assault on our halves.

I don't understand why everyone is so critical of Moses in attack when it's quite obvious (to me) that the attack is all directed to Brooks side of the field. Also seems that structured that the halves are pretty confined to left or right side.

@Snapper said:
@Chevy said:

I agree forwards did not have enough aggression in the second half to much Raiders forwards.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

there are some here who do not like the "A" word

Both played well. Brooks heavily involved . Moses putting his body on the line. Great win.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.1.4_

JT made it quite clear on Triple M they are working on getting Moses in the game now and that up until this point he had been playing as instructed for the team.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

Latest posts

Back