CEO - Shane Richardson

Only my opinion but I think we should keep all development teams from u13s through to U18s as independent Wests Magpies and Balmain Tigers teams. I think we should have Wests Tigers teams in Harold Matts, SG Ball and Jersey Flegg as well as NSW Cup.

With the development teams we keep the two local catchments in Macarthur/Campbelltown and Balmain active and built as the graduating step into any of Wests Tigers top tier teams from Harold Matts through to NRL.

If it was like this there is clear pathway and transparency into the Balmain / Wests past history while keeping it valid through the local development structure. We need all our juniors to aspire to aiming to play for our Wests Tigers, it just seems very fragmented we go from individual teams at Matts and Ball, then at the next stage of Flegg we come together as Wests Tigers but then the next step of NSW Cup it goes to Wests Magpies. It gets confusing for everyone the pathway and it doesn't bring both Wests and Balmain together especially now we are the mighty Wests Tigers.
How about Inner Wests Tigers and South Wests Tigers? No balmain, no magpies at all.

Just quietly, got to wrap the boss for looking a little trimmed down at the Campbelltown office launch photos on the club website. His health was a bit of concern to start the job, so seems like he is doing a bit better
Hopefully not just from all the stress

Blocker, like Benny is a relic, flailing for attention. It’s 20 years next year. Are we ever going to hear from actual legends of the club like Hodgson, Halatau, Galea, Whatuira etc. Maybe those guys aren’t still craving for relevance though, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's not unfathomable to understand why some fans are attached to an oval and or area in relation to their footy side. If there was talk of moving the Sharks or Manly away from there ovals and or areas to maximise growth in the west there would be a large portion of there fans that would totally lose it. Fan bases in Sydney have always been tribal and I understand fully why there are plenty who want to hold onto to it. Once it's gone in the name of progress it's gone for good it doesn't all always equate to it being better just because a CEO says so.

It's not unfathomable to understand why some fans are attached to an oval and or area in relation to their footy side. If there was talk of moving the Sharks or Manly away from there ovals and or areas to maximise growth in the west there would be a large portion of there fans that would totally lose it. Fan bases in Sydney have always been tribal and I understand fully why there are plenty who want to hold onto to it. Once it's gone in the name of progress it's gone for good it doesn't all always equate to it being better just because a CEO says so.
it is like St George deciding to play no more games at Kogarah and out of Wollongong and SFS

Latest posts

Back