Completely unacceptable: ramifications

@elleryhanley said in [Completely unacceptable: ramifications](/post/1392700) said:
@kul said in [Completely unacceptable: ramifications](/post/1392610) said:
I turned it off after 30 minutes...

Credit due where it's deserved, Melbourne are very, VERY good

I am still watching and, you know what Kul, Melb have not been 'that' good tonight. It is just a normal game / training drill.

Yes, great side...but they have barely raised a sweat.

This is entirely on us.

Our edge D is Z grade...Madge has had 2.5 years to get the edge D fixed, and has failed miserably.

We need more than rhetoric and speeches. They have their place and time, but we need a lot more.

We need a real coaching team, smart assistants, and basic skills and patterns.

This is just beyond acceptable. Anyone who accepts it at this point is part of the cultural problem we have. At any serious club that first half would have massive ramifications. Let's see what we do.

so in all honesty who would we get? who would want to do it?

@ozluke said in [Completely unacceptable: ramifications](/post/1392708) said:
@elleryhanley said in [Completely unacceptable: ramifications](/post/1392700) said:

I am still watching and, you know what Kul, Melb have not been 'that' good tonight. It is just a normal game / training drill.

This is entirely on us.

Our edge D is Z grade...Madge has had 2.5 years to get the edge D fixed, and has failed miserably.

We need more than rhetoric and speeches. They have their place and time, but we need a lot more.

This is just beyond acceptable. Anyone who accepts it at this point is part of the cultural problem we have. At any serious club that first half would have massive ramifications. Let's see what we do.

Somebody that will bring decent assistants in

This is entirely on us.

Someone who can 'coach' patterns, coach D, young assistants with tactical nous...

It is really important the young blokes we have learn and have a coach with game plans and tactical nous.

Ciraldo would be good.

@elleryhanley said in [Completely unacceptable: ramifications](/post/1392792) said:

This is entirely on us.

Someone who can 'coach' patterns, coach D, young assistants with tactical nous...

It is really important the young blokes we have learn and have a coach with game plans and tactical nous.

Ciraldo would be good.

You seen all that at the Sharks under Morris with a less experienced side than the Tigers

@snake said in [Completely unacceptable: ramifications](/post/1392797) said:
@elleryhanley said in [Completely unacceptable: ramifications](/post/1392792) said:

This is entirely on us.

Ciraldo would be good.

You seen all that at the Sharks under Morris with a less experienced side than the Tigers

well I guess Morris is looking for a gig....

@kazoo-kid said in [Completely unacceptable: ramifications](/post/1392338) said:
I've been strong for the last 10 years but this performance may have broken me.

Cmon you rookies, try 50 years. Tiger of both stripes……🤡

Hopefully after this debacle Maguire will do the right thing by this club and walk,either Morris,Flanagan,or ciraldo would be ideal replacement

Matthew Head, Ciraldo, Willie Peters, Justin Morgan, Dean Young, Steve Georgallis

@harvey said in [Completely unacceptable: ramifications](/post/1392823) said:
Matthew Head, Ciraldo, Willie Peters, Justin Morgan, Dean Young, Steve Georgallis

so who would we realistically land? who in their right mind want to come here?

Scariest thing about it is you could see the Storm blokes actually felt sorry for us.

Absolute rock bottom when your opposition are barely in a jog and feeling sorry for you.

This has to be a moment where everything changes.

Madge should of been gone after the Cowboys game.
That was the softest defensive effort I’ve ever seen from any team in my 25 years of watching footy.
I feel sorry for myself and anyone who supports this club.
We are so much better than that.
Devastated

This loss is not unexpected. We jagged a few wins against weakened teams and the club grasped at straws that Maguire could coach in 2021. He can't continue after that loss.

Whoever is responsible for our passive, back-pedalling defensive structure needs to be sacked immediately for a start.

D = the action of defending from or resisting attack, for other teams.

D = ![images.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1624102701082-images.jpg) to us.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Completely unacceptable: ramifications](/post/1392902) said:
This loss is not unexpected. We jagged a few wins against weakened teams and the club grasped at straws that Maguire could coach in 2021. He can't continue after that loss.

loss was expected, but fans deserve the right to know the team put in, and this mob didn't

@ozluke said in [Completely unacceptable: ramifications](/post/1392876) said:
@harvey said in [Completely unacceptable: ramifications](/post/1392823) said:

so who would we realistically land? who in their right mind want to come here?

Take a breath you blokes. You think it was our structures that caused that? A bumbling, fumbling team, that didn't show up, hit a Melbourne team who showed up, landed every Harlem globetrotters play and bent us over inside 20 minutes. The boys were gassed and gone from there. They are just THAT much better.

Madge doesn't coach leg rebounds into their hands. He doesn't coach talau's butterfingers, he doesn't coach not wrapping up the ball. We are a currently a team who is all promise and potential and zero execution. I don't have the answer as to why the execution is not there, but the structures are. Remember, we have now, through the worst run of our season, been missing either our 5/8 or a centre on the edge. That's messed us up tremendously.

Add to that the damaging nature of momentum. Give one team 100% of the ball over the first 20 mins and it's near impossible to come back. Make that team Melbourne and its game over.

We were woeful.... But this is not a golden bullet coach issue. That's a cheap, easy excuse. It's an execution and effort issue. That is ENTIRELY on the players.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Completely unacceptable: ramifications](/post/1392902) said:

I sure hope so

None of them really seem to be playing for him

it hurts that is for sure. getting harder and harder to support them.

Back