Cricket Season Thread

Aussie should have got at least 50 more but 400 odd in front should be enough to keep the Poms from winning. Although the wicket is probably at its best now for batting, I actually think having Lyons will be the difference, especially as we should be bowling last

Aussie should have got at least 50 more but 400 odd in front should be enough to keep the Poms from winning. Although the wicket is probably at its best now for batting, I actually think having Lyons will be the difference, especially as we should be bowling last
Lyon gone.
Interesting tactics from both sides. Aussies bouncing the hell out of them and England taking them on with the hook.
4-278 @ 4.6/over…Poms should take a first innings lead.
Australia likely to bat again on day 3. Need to score a big total fast if we are to win.

Lyon gone.
Interesting tactics from both sides. Aussies bouncing the hell out of them and England taking them on with the hook.
Australia likely to bat again on day 3. Need to score a big total fast if we are to win.
Already 7 days down in the tests so far.
Can't beat test cricket - constant swings, one team on top then the other, nothing like it.

Lyon gone.

Short stuff was effective. Stokes really went into his shell. Hopefully Marnus dropping Brook won’t cost us too many more.

Short stuff was effective. Stokes really went into his shell. Hopefully Marnus dropping Brook won’t cost us too many more.
Yep very effective and more so this morning.
Went through them like a dose of curry.
Has no other side ever bombarded these guys with bouncers before?
Australia with a 91 run lead heading into their second innings.

Yep very effective and more so this morning.
Went through them like a dose of curry.
Has no other side ever bombarded these guys with bouncers before?
Australia with a 91 run lead heading into their second innings.

You’d think the Saffas would have and maybe India. It’s one thing to slog Pakistani bowlers on roads in Asia. Having to hook and pull four guys banging it in at over 140 clicks is a different kettle of fish. I’d reckon we’re going to see a fair bit more for the rest of the series.

Good 3rd day for Australia.
Got 6 English wickets for only 47 and then cautiously put on 130, losing just the two wickets for an overall lead of 221. Another half century for Uzzie.
It doesn’t look like rain will save England.
If we can smack another 130+ in the first 2 sessions, it’ll give them a enough of a sniff to try and chase the figure in the last 4 sessions, likely allowing us to bowl them out for an outright result.
Fireworks from both today, with a tense finish tomorrow.

Hilarious to see Broad crack it when a non-referral proved to be out after he’d insisted three previous ones which were non out should be reviewed. Stokes seems a reasonable judge of these things - he got 3 of 4 right.

Hilarious to see Broad crack it when a non-referral proved to be out after he’d insisted three previous ones which were non out should be reviewed. Stokes seems a reasonable judge of these things - he got 3 of 4 right.

That was really funny,i thought Broad was going to have to have a meltdown when all his reviews were turned down quite correctly.

That was really funny,i thought Broad was going to have to have a meltdown when all his reviews were turned down quite correctly.

He made a rod for his own back. After three poor shouts where he didn’t bother appealing, naturally Stokes was reluctant to take his word on the 4th. The best was when Stokes was talked into a review despite his (correct) opinion that Marnus had smashed it.

Starc was great day 3 first hour .That set the tone for the rest of the day
Captain Pat is starting to be a smart captain .His tactics and bowling changes were spot on
When the goat went down I thought we were in trouble but everyone stepped up
Going to bed at 4am 2 days in a row worth it . Struggled a bit at golf with 2 hours sleep but Aussies made it worth it

Back