Cricket Season Thread

If Australia win this, it’ll be quite a feat as England have outplayed us with superior tactics.

If rain wipes out a session the draw will be odds on. If the Poms get most of the day to have a crack at the Aussie I think they will win and up to now they probably deserve to win. I think our batsmen have a history of crumbling when the heat is on and we have a longer tail than in previous tests.

It looks like we’ll get 4 hours of play today.
All outcomes still on offer.
You would think England are in the driving seat but don’t write us off yet.
We have hung in there all Test despite being outplayed so far.

Cummins hits a four for a famous victory!
England did more than enough to win this game but this Aussie side are so good it’s really hard to beat them.
Incredible win.

This is going to be a classic Ashes series.
England are introducing a new style, Australia are playing their more traditional style…hopefully the weather is kind as we could get a result in each Test.
Australia can play better as well. We have the two best batsmen in the world and they were kept very quiet this match. Can England lift? Yeah they are more than capable.
Bring on the second Test.

Stick your “BazBall “ up your ass you dumb pommy twats
This ‘bazball’ approach from McCullum and Stokes will work. They have an aggressive batting lineup, a lot of which haven’t faced our attack before. They’ll respond and I hope they stick to their philosophy.
Our bowlers will earn their money over the next 5 weeks.
Really need the batsmen to do their jobs and not leave it up to the bowlers to spend hours in the middle getting runs.

Cricket was the winner!! What a great game and in the end the Poms could consider themself just a tad unlucky. They needed a fit spinner on the last day and they needed a quality keeper.

Anyway Australia dug deep and pulled off a great win. Will be interesting to see if the Poms keep the Bazball at full throttle or back off a tad now they are one down.

Cant wait for the next one and being one up is way better the one down

Cricket was the winner!! What a great game and in the end the Poms could consider themself just a tad unlucky. They needed a fit spinner on the last day and they needed a quality keeper.

Anyway Australia dug deep and pulled off a great win. Will be interesting to see if the Poms keep the Bazball at full throttle or back off a tad now they are one down.

Cant wait for the next one and being one up is way better the one down
What is bazball?

I still can't believe Khwaja was dropped for a majority of his career. Serious kudos to him for sticking around.

I'm a bit torn about the early Day 1 declaration. I don't think it's too dumb an idea. I can't imagine the last two wickets adding more than 50 max but the chance of taking an early wicket at the end of the day is quite high especially since we know that it's going to become more batter friendly as the test progresses.

In saying that, I think it's very likely this test goes down to the wire with 50 runs required to win with 3 wickets in hand. England media will have a field day if they lose the game like that.
Just knew it was gonna happen. Can't wait for the English media to give it to them!

Ussie ,Captain Pat and the Goat did it !
You did it guys MAGNIFICANT !!
Honourable mentions to Carey and Greenie Oh heck the lot of them !

Members online

Back