Daine Laurie #237

Agree. I dont understand why it took so long to give him the opportunity. There must be something going on in the background.
Some here seem to think he's on the way out the door. Anyone have any evidence of that because I hope he is staying.
Especially when he was training in the halves over the off-season

Never saw anything in him. Whoever the poor man’s version of Bula is, Laurie is the poor man of that dude.

Yeah I get it he has dropped in his attitude I fully agree but I can understand why
And I will tell you I think he is still a better player then what we mostly have playing week in week our
But sheens not rating him means NOTHING to me these days
His performance is worse then any coach we have had for a decade bar noddy
I also know Daines family and I hope he goes well in his career I desperately wanted to see him play 5/8 for months
But instead we got to watch will smith and wakeham
That’s worked really well for us
seen sheens mention he would of been in front of smith only for injury . Can’t remember which interview it was
Laurie has the ability but I think the main factor is attitude. Seyfarth has spent plenty of time in cup but always has the right attitude when dropped and plays well
From all reports he has not done that ( consensus of reports on here plus watching a few highlights)
I do hope the kid makes it but there’s a long list of potential players that haven’t

In my opinion he’s a backup once Fainu arrives, as he’s the future. Can’t blame him for leaving - the club didn’t really show any real belief in him.
He got a couple of years to cement himself aswell as picked for the start of the year
Yes he’s not staying but you wouldn’t say he’s shown enough for the club to prioritise wanting to keep him
There’s also Lachlan Galvin who the Tigers have wrapped up - there’s huge wraps in him.
👍

Never wanted to be here..was missing key attributes required for a full back..was teed off being comprehensively leapfrogged by Bula...then poor attitude when given the opportunity at 6 in reggies
Wasted 3 yrs of everybody's time and resource...will be Peacey 2.0

He's pretty much been trouble since he's been here, nothing major just little stupid things like the Panthers jersey, liking posts of teams scoring against us and backflips on scooters. All of that points to being quite unprofessional, imo i would not have even offered him another contract.
He's obviously happy to be a back up and pick up a few games during origin. He reminds me of a goalkeeper in football where they are happy to go to a big club and be a number 2 and sit on the bench picking up a paycheck.

I didn’t like Laurie as a fullback either, but as a 5/8 he has the potential to be very similar to Cody Walker, not forgetting he’s only 24 and with the right coaching and mindset he will only continue to improve.
Silly ti lose him in our predicament, particularly when he’s going to a rival club solely as a backup player when he could potentially have cemented the starting 5/8 spot with us.

Luia has changed Managers and is going to test the market - feasible that he could end up with Ciraldo. Makes sense for the Panthers to take a punt on Laurie. Will definitely benefit from their system and could potentially fill a gap if it comes to that.

Back