Dally M update

G

Farah scored 3 points from the Bulldogs match and Ellis grabbed 1 point. This puts Farah into 4th spot on 12 points with Cooper Cronk while Darius Boyd leads on 17 points. Benji is back in 10th spot with 10 points.

He's not listed and nowhere near the leaders, he has less than 8 points.

@willow said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, there's your NSW hooker :laughing:

@djm619 said:
@willow said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, there's your NSW hooker :laughing:

But he's an _origin_ player!!
That would be hilarious if it wasn;t so soul destroying for Blues fans.

btw, looks like the tide is turning with even ennis' best friend the Tele having to post the comments attached to this story :slight_smile:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/hooker-michael-ennis-happy-for-blues-to-cop-criticism-ahead-of-origin-ii/comments-e6frexnr-1225876099132" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the comment I made that I sent …..

Robbie Farah on 12 points and how many points is Ennis on? He's not even listed. Here are some stats between the two Farah 795 run meters Ennis 235 meters, Farah 413 tackles Ennis 252 Tackles, Farah 4 Line breaks Ennis 1 Line Break. Going by the stats it's disgusting that Ennis is picked in front of Farah. Why is Ennis picked? Answer from our illustrious selectors in particular Laurie Daley is that Ennis is "built for origin." Can someone from the NSWRL define how a player is "built for origin?" Farah has beaten Ennis in every facet of the game this year yet he can't get picked for NSW. Am I the only one who is starting to think there is a conspiracy against Robbie Farah because he's not friendly with the media?

You gotta laugh, Ennis is a good player but Farah is ahead of him in all facets of the game…I mean does anyone think for a second that Ennis would attract the same attention and coin if they were both on the open market.

The biggest argument that the Ennis fans have is that Robbie failed last year at Origin. If that's the case that's fine but there are better hookers out there than Ennis. Nathan Friend is miles ahead of Ennis as a hooker.

Comparing the stats on NRL.com
1\. Farah
2\. Friend
3\. Kingston
4\. Keating
5\. Ennis

Did Wally Lewis's epileptic fit damage him?

How he can give Andrew Ryan 2 and Farah 3 over Ellis is disgraceful

@smeghead said:
Did Wally Lewis's epileptic fit damage him?

How he can give Andrew Ryan 2 and Farah 3 over Ellis is disgraceful

Wally is forever the optimist. Unless the scoreline is a blow-out, he always gives the opposite team points. If you get the time to talk footy with him, he will always give you 2 sides of every arguement.

Ryan was there best. (Actually, Ryan was probably thier only player…lol)

Go the King!!! :wahoo:

@Chris said:
The biggest argument that the Ennis fans have is that Robbie failed last year at Origin. If that's the case that's fine but there are better hookers out there than Ennis. Nathan Friend is miles ahead of Ennis as a hooker.

Yeah and it's a stupid argument for 2 reasons.

1\. Robbie was injured.
2\. The entire team make up was different.

Thurston's team loses every week, by that logic he is the second worst half in the comp. Bloody stupid.

@djm619 said:
@Chris said:

Yeah and it's a stupid argument for 2 reasons.

1\. Robbie was injured.
2\. The entire team make up was different.

Thurston's team loses every week, by that logic he is the second worst half in the comp. Bloody stupid.

Totally agreed! On top of all of that the forwards to work with dogged it and left him stranded. What was he suppose to do?

The one argument that is valid is that it appears Robbie hid how bad his injury was prior to the 2nd game and so played when he shouldn't have.
That led to him having a shocker. If he had put his hand up and said yes I am busted coach it's up to you if you pick me I think he would now probably be in the team. As it is supposedly Bellamy was really dirty at him for not being up front.
Ennis is better there because he's too stupid to lie properly.

So Robbie had his chance and failed. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't NSW lose the first game?? Doesn't that mean that Ennis has had his chance??

Everything that is wrong with NSW is highlighted by the fact that Cronulla and Canterbury could have multiple players selected

@softlaw said:
The one argument that is valid is that it appears Robbie hid how bad his injury was prior to the 2nd game and so played when he shouldn't have.
That led to him having a shocker. If he had put his hand up and said yes I am busted coach it's up to you if you pick me I think he would now probably be in the team. As it is supposedly Bellamy was really dirty at him for not being up front.
Ennis is better there because he's too stupid to lie properly.

The thing that bothers me about Robbie playing injured is that he'd have to pass a medical to be declared fit. If he was as bad as everyone made him out to be he wouldn't have passed the medical. I just think that night the forwards dogged it and left Robbie stranded.

@softlaw said:

I agree, he wasn't well and shouldn't have played. I think Thaiday got the same thing and he stopped playing immediately.

@Chris said:
The thing that bothers me about Robbie playing injured is that he'd have to pass a medical to be declared fit. If he was as bad as everyone made him out to be he wouldn't have passed the medical.

Yeah that's a good question.

Maybe its better if Robbie doesn't get picked this season because Qld will win 3-0 regardless.
Hopefully we will then get a fresh start next season with a new coach , new selectors and a new hooker.
(And no Lockyer for qld hopefully)

It's hard not to agree with you Lards. I think I'd rather see Ennis play the remainder of the series and NSW get beaten 3-0 so we do get a new, new selectors and new players. As much as I'd love to see Robbie play now I think the only way the Ennis hype will stay away is if they get smacked and he's playing.

Back