Danny Galea

Danny Galea's contract will not be renewed by the Tigers. Same goes for Corey Payne and Rocky Trimarchi, all 3 will be on the lookout for new clubs next year.

@willow said:
Danny Galea's contract will not be renewed by the Tigers. Same goes for Corey Payne and Rocky Trimarchi, all 3 will be on the lookout for new clubs next year.

You know this for sure.

Shame about Galea…......Sheens cant see his value by the sounds.....

Rhino better lift his game......

@willow said:

Filthy at Galea's release… absolutely filthy!!!

@Kaiser said:
@willow said:

Filthy at Galea's release… absolutely filthy!!!

I don't know what he has done wrong. He played a couple of great games early in the year and got dropped back to SC don't know why ? Over the past couple of months he has been as solid as a rock defence wise.

I think it's great that we look at the young guys coming through, but in all honesty they can't defend…yet. There are as many missed tackles as there are tackles made, so this is a concern imo. This is where we will miss Galea.

Galea picked up his game for the 2nd half of this year. I don't think we will be missing him though.

@Hbom said:
Galea picked up his game for the 2nd half of this year. I don't think we will be missing him though.

God knows we don't need players who can tackle! :brick:

@Ghostdogg said:
@Hbom said:

God knows we don't need players who can tackle! :brick:

Cos J.Schirnack, Dywer, Akeripa can't tackle? What about Fulton and Flanagan (assuming he can tackle based on reports).

I would not be prepared to criticise our recruitment till it is finished for the coming season. Some people (not targeting you Ghostdogg) seem unable to accept any decent player being let go, yet they are happy to go off their brains when we don't sign new talent. We can only have 25 on NRL contracts.

I dont mind who Sheens lets go, as long as they are replaced by a better player, or they are making space for a absolute boom junior. So far this isnt happening and hasnt in the past. If it was my call I would not hesitate in keeping Gelea in fact on 2009 form offered a lot more than Rhino. Its all speculation, we just dont know who else they have on their radar or if in fact they have serious dollar problems. If come the end of October Payne and Gelea are gone and are only replaced by Fulton and Flannagan than I would be disappointing.

@willow said:

You know this for certain??

Will be disappointed if Galea goes. Sheens has no idea

@philgood said:
@willow said:

It has been reported that the Tigers are releasing him, Payne and Trimarchi. No reason to doubt this given the young players promoted to the top 25 and the new signings secured.

Danny Galea has bcome a very reliable defender who does hit hard WHEN HE WANTS TO, why he doesn`t hit hard more often I don`t know ?
Apart from his defence, i`m disappointed in his lack of impact when running the football. There`s no excuses why he`s not making more of an impact, he`s an ex centre with reasonable speed and he`s a tall strapping fellow who who should be breaking a lot more tackles than what he does.
He goes ok, but I don`t think he`s done enough to demand he be re-signed. Players such as David Gower get me more interested to be honest.

@Vicious said:
Danny Galea has bcome a very reliable defender who does hit hard WHEN HE WANTS TO, why he doesn`t hit hard more often I don`t know ?
Apart from his defence, i`m disappointed in his lack of impact when running the football. There`s no excuses why he`s not making more of an impact, he`s an ex centre with reasonable speed and he`s a tall strapping fellow who who should be breaking a lot more tackles than what he does.
He goes ok, but I don`t think he`s done enough to demand he be re-signed. Players such as David Gower get me more interested to be honest.

Agreed. I have no problem if Galea stays but if we are keen on being premiership contenders then we need better players than Galea.

This was in the NRL Match Report from the Dogs game.

Second-rower Danny Galea broke his three-year tryscoring drought with his first four pointer since joining the Tigers in 2007 **coming in his 100th and possibly last NRL game.**

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiership/scores/tabid/10240/roundid/795/fixtureid/5550/infotabid/4/default.aspx
\
\
Can anyone shed some light on the situation? Any rumours of Super League? I hope not.

ESL can take Payne, but we gotta keep Galea.

@Vicious said:

Do u expect him to hit hard every tackle? If he try's that then you'll complain that he's missing too many tackle because he's going for the big hit. His defence is spot on, and his attack has got better as he's played more. People need to remember that he's come back from a bad led injury, and he'll be even better next year. He's a top player, much better than Heighington.

@willow said:
@philgood said:
@willow said:

It has been reported that the Tigers are releasing him, Payne and Trimarchi. No reason to doubt this given the young players promoted to the top 25 and the new signings secured.

Reported where?

@Balmain Bug said:
I rate him VERY highly.

Same bug… he's been our 2nd best 2nd row forward behind Ellis this season.... i haven't lost hope in seeing him wear a jersey next season, and i wish to god he does!!!

Back