David Nofoaluma #164

I've been a Brooks defender all the way through.

I've even jumped in and defended Paws when he was being bashed re Brooks.

I'm not a Brooks defender anymore.

I'm now convinced Brooks will never be any better than he is now [and that isn't good enough] as to me it seems he crashes under pressure which results in him making stupid decisions in so many ways which stuffs our attack.

Defensively he is good and doesnt shirk his responsibility as he is a tough little bugger, but I guess it doesn't take much to work out what an effective tackle will be.

I'd love to see him go to the Storm to see if Bellamy can do anything with him, but I doubt it as he has been playing the game his way for too long, and we know what we say about old dogs.
Good post mate.

Im starting to like Sheens..makes the hard decisions on LL and Nofa and Mikaaele....and maybe Brooks...and taking a hard line on Papaali
Just dont like his choice of coaches,but one step at a time i guess
G'day clontarfkid : How's the surf at Clontarf these days and are you or were you a blond headed stompy wompy real gone surfer boy? :D
I feel the only reason Noddy is our coach is Sheens felt Our blokes needed a much softer coach for the remainder of the season, after Madge's hard line approach in trying to turn our blokes into tough footballers didn't work, even though I feel he is still a good coach with the rite bunch of blokes.

G'day clontarfkid : How's the surf at Clontarf these days and are you or were you a blond headed stompy wompy real gone surfer boy? :D
I feel the only reason Noddy is our coach is Sheens felt Our blokes needed a much softer coach for the remainder of the season, after Madge's hard line approach in trying to turn our blokes into tough footballers didn't work, even though I feel he is still a good coach with the rite bunch of blokes.
Actually Im an ex Drummoyne houso for first quarter of century of my life.. then had a gf who led me away to the the dark side north of The Spit bridge!
No surf at Clontarf beach unfortunately,tho Middle Harbour isnt exactly unattractive!Been here a long time,but roots still with tigers from LO days on the hill with the old man..
Wld have preferred Gardiner to Kimmorly tbh,but understand he is perceived as part of the old guard I guess.Not a big fan of "brand names"as coaches,which Sheens has adopted, IMO..prefer actions and results.Think Gardiner deserved an opportunity
Madge was a great guy but totally one dimensional,and out of touch with this gen of footballers...they just werent listening any more as we saw on Tales of Tigertown.Embarrassing tbh
Interestingly post Madge our attack has been somewhat unleashed,a bit like Souths post Madge under Siebold.Not totally unexpected...but
.....what I didnt expect was much more effeicient defence structures...and a significant increase in resolve and committment to defence.Better culture amongst the players too
We made the rite decision on Madge

Ahhh i see what you have done here.. " running around in orange" very clever .
Well not really , your divisive bias is just getting really stupid.
No one on here is putting forward a divisive bias Cf.
Not me , not @Bus 2 Terrigal
All he is doing is being up front with thoughts and ideas from a Wests Magpies pov and I support him with that as he is perfectly entitled to do.

I'll tell you quite honestly..... since I have been on the WTF I have noticed a heavy bias re all things Balmain from our Balmain supporter brothers/partners.....and anything 'with the slightest Wests Magpies' bias has not been appreciated.

I was given a hard time when I first came on here approx 3 years ago by one poster in particular, as I dared to post something with a Wests Magpies flavour, and he still jumps on here to question my posts.
And the only reason I can think of why this is so is a huge amount of insecurity [and insecurity breeds jealousy] in regard to Wests Magpies being the major owner of Our WT Club.

As much as I would love to see Our Club renamed Wests Magpies I honestly dont feel that will ever happen as the TIGER is now entrenched in Our dna, so please relax and rest easy with the belief that We will always be Wests TIGERS and NO ONE on here including B2T is attempting to be divisive or have an ulterior motive for writing what we do.

I hope this allays any feelings of mistrust towards anyone from the Wests Magpies side of Our Joint Venture.
:):):):):):):)

I'm not sure there are any, that club ceased to exist 22 years ago.

And hard to remember much fondly after the decade of filth they produced on the field in the final years following '89.
I remember Balmain…they were those losers who lost back to back GFs with teams stacked with Internationals and then they hired Alan Jones.

I remember Balmain…they were those losers who lost back to back GFs with teams stacked with Internationals and then they hired Alan Jones.
It seems the Battlers [the Fibro's and Balmain] lose out in GF's stryker.
Heartbreaking for the Magpies in 3 straight GF's 1961/62 and 1963 :cry::cry::cry:

Not sure why fans here have such a dislike for him. Can anyone explain?

I think he makes misreads defensively and can't always match wingers with the high ball but I think he's a good kick returner and a good runner out of dummy half as well as finishing well when he gets the chance. I think he runs sideways too often and can sometimes try to offload at bad times, but he has some ability. He probably had his best year in his contract year, but I don't think he's dropped off that much.

I don't really see a lack of effort from him.
Bi-polar player. Only packs his boots some days which pretty much epitomises a Wests Tiger the last decade. You can tell when he’s not too keen because his sideways runs become even more cat -like looking to avoid collisions.

"Nofoaluma opened up on the switch to the Daily Telegraph. “I got asked by the Tigers if I would be interested,” Nofoaluma said. “It’s very hard to say no seeing as I’ve been playing for 10 years now and I haven’t played finals.“I thought it would be a good opportunity to head down there and play some finals. It was a pretty easy decision.” “Melbourne are a top four side and have a chance of being in the grand final,” Nofoaluma said. “I spoke with Craig (Bellamy) and it’s a great experience to learn under Craig and be part of their system. It’s good for the Tigers and Melbourne"

Back