David Nofoaluma #164

"Nofoaluma opened up on the switch to the Daily Telegraph. “I got asked by the Tigers if I would be interested,” Nofoaluma said. “It’s very hard to say no seeing as I’ve been playing for 10 years now and I haven’t played finals.“I thought it would be a good opportunity to head down there and play some finals. It was a pretty easy decision.” “Melbourne are a top four side and have a chance of being in the grand final,” Nofoaluma said. “I spoke with Craig (Bellamy) and it’s a great experience to learn under Craig and be part of their system. It’s good for the Tigers and Melbourne"
Well said, WT first.

Bi-polar player. Only packs his boots some days which pretty much epitomises a Wests Tiger the last decade. You can tell when he’s not too keen because his sideways runs become even more cat -like looking to avoid collisions.
This post made me think of the greatest front rower in the history of the game. A legend of the sport.
Yet when he played for Balmain, he was known as “half-a-game-Artie” 🤣🤣🤣

I think he will succeed to an extent there. I also think he'll be back with us next year rejuvenated. Good call by Sheensy and co IMO.

Not many people regress under that regime.
But then there is the other side of the story, which is that the majority of players are not all that great once they leave the Storm system.

Nofa will be one of the best wingers in the competition at the Storm. A change is as good as a holiday. If the club wants to live him on they can see what he looks like with a good club.

But then there is the other side of the story, which is that the majority of players are not all that great once they leave the Storm system.
I don't think that's true, I feel thats a big myth in the NRL.

You have your obvious examples from this year alone: JAC, Hynes, Finucane.

But even the lesser examples of Blair (very successful at Broncos and somewhat at warriors), Hampton (one of the first picked at cowboys for a few years), Kurt Mann (always in the Knights 17), Scott Drinkwater, Tohu Harris/Hoffman (warriors best players), Proctor (titans captain).

There are so many examples that the Storm system produces amazing players and even when they leave the storm, they are usually the better players at their new clubs.

I don't think that's true, I feel thats a big myth in the NRL.

You have your obvious examples from this year alone: JAC, Hynes, Finucane.

But even the lesser examples of Blair (very successful at Broncos and somewhat at warriors), Hampton (one of the first picked at cowboys for a few years), Kurt Mann (always in the Knights 17), Scott Drinkwater, Tohu Harris/Hoffman (warriors best players), Proctor (titans captain).

There are so many examples that the Storm system produces amazing players and even when they leave the storm, they are usually the better players at their new clubs.
Fair enough comments and I definitely agree with Hynes and Finucane who have been really big for Cronulla, JAC and Drinkwater have taken a while to come good, but then so have their respective teams and Drinkwater in particular has been playing out of his skin.

Hoffman was always really good and should always have been one of ours, but just another one that got away.

Ben Hampton brought a fair bit of versatility and utility value and Kurt Mann was a good player but neither I would regard as great players .

I think Harris and Proctor were beasts at the Storm but were never anywhere near as good after they left.

Just my thoughts.

This post made me think of the greatest front rower in the history of the game. A legend of the sport.
Yet when he played for Balmain, he was known as “half-a-game-Artie” 🤣🤣🤣
Who was the prop whose nickname was George Negus? Apparently his teammates called him that because he only played for 60 minutes.

I'm looking forward to watching Nofa in the patched up Melbourne back line. Possibly the weakest outside backs in a Melbourne team for some time

Funny thing is that Nofo hasn’t really been missed.
He hasn't really appeared to miss us either.

Apart from the mention in the article...
He didn't congratulate the boys for the win.

He posted how he arrived at Melbourne safely & put 📍Melbourne in his bio.

I've seen most players post about Freebairns debut and congratulate him on the debut.

Nofo, too cool.
I'm sure he means well.

Back