David Nofoaluma #164

Politics was always the biggest problem in the magpies juniors and to a much lesser extent i have heard it still is (pawwa likewise).Players were constantly being overlooked because they didn't play for the "right" club.I know most clubs have the same problem but not to the same extent
That may be true - but I remember watching Teddy as a run-of-the-mill, skinny kid on the left wing during his Matt’s Cup days and Nofa certainly deserved his spot at fullback in that team.

A year or two later however, Teddy was an absolute standout ...

That may be true - but I remember watching Teddy as a run-of-the-mill, skinny kid on the left wing during his Matt’s Cup days and Nofa certainly deserved his spot at fullback in that team.

A year or two later however, Teddy was an absolute standout ...
I used to play footy against a guy who, even around 16 years old, was huge and dominated his age group in Balmain juniors. I stopped playing at 14 precisely because I was not huge.

But once my age group got to around 17 or 18, everyone basically caught up. That's where a lot of these kids get found out, because they dominate juniors based on natural athleticism and size advantage, that they won't necessarily maintain.

That's why NSW Cup is a perfect testing ground, to play against more hardened, older players who are much better at tackling than kids.

There would be 100 stories like Nofo and Teddy, right? Of kids who came good later in their junior career.

Nofoaluma Tight-Lipped On Tigers Return
'That's Where My Head Is At'

Doesn't fill you with great confidence that he wants to come back.
Thanks for posting this @fixxhalo An interesting short insight to Nofoa.
He doesn't sound like the sharpest tool in the shed, but then neither am I 🤪.

I feel Nofoa is going to continue to go really well at the Storm as I feel he needs that total Storm/Bellamy/firm but fair tough love environment to 'bring the best out in him' something he certainly hasn't had for most of his time at WT.

@1eyedmel said he thinks Nofoa feels he is to good for Our Team and I think he is correct, not because Nofoa has a big head, he is just to good for Our Team as it is currently.
He needs quality players around him to play well, to be consistent, so I hope he stays at the Storm for his sake.

Imo he's a much better player than he has shown most of the time with us.

Thanks for posting this @fixxhalo An interesting short insight to Nofoa.
He doesn't sound like the sharpest tool in the shed, but then neither am I 🤪.

I feel Nofoa is going to continue to go really well at the Storm as I feel he needs that total Storm/Bellamy/firm but fair tough love environment to 'bring the best out in him' something he certainly hasn't had for most of his time at WT.

@1eyedmel said he thinks Nofoa feels he is to good for Our Team and I think he is correct, not because Nofoa has a big head, he is just to good for Our Team as it is currently.
He needs quality players around him to play well, to be consistent, so I hope he stays at the Storm for his sake.

Imo he's a much better player than he has shown most of the time with us.
The idea that Nofo will stay at the storm will last about as long as it takes for him to realize he will have to take a huge pay cut to stay. Tigers will want him back and they won't top up his contract to play for Melbourne. No way in the world would storm pay him what he is on here... Time to sell the car, David...

I think Nofa feels he is the best player in our team and is too good for us
I would not be surprised one bit if he asks to stay on with Melbourne. He looked very chuy with his new team mates and all smiles.
He was never like that with his ex Wests tigers team mates.

The idea that Nofo will stay at the storm will last about as long as it takes for him to realize he will have to take a huge pay cut to stay. Tigers will want him back and they won't top up his contract to play for Melbourne. No way in the world would storm pay him what he is on here... Time to sell the car, David...
Yep you are correct @Bob re your "time to sell the car, David"

I reckon something has been missing in Noffoa's life due to the fact he needs to drive a Ferrari.
And I reckon what's been missing is a Team that brings out the best in him.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Noffoa driving something vastly different to a Ferrari in the near future if he stays in Bleak City.
But then maybe he will need the Ferrari to get over the fact he is living in Bleak City :ROFLMAO:
I know I would.

Politics was always the biggest problem in the magpies juniors and to a much lesser extent i have heard it still is (pawwa likewise).Players were constantly being overlooked because they didn't play for the "right" club.I know most clubs have the same problem but not to the same extent
Politics is everywhere when teams are picked in any sport.

Reactions: BZN
Did anyone watch the dressing room interview after the game, nof knew the camera was rolling live and he sniffs the back of Joey's head, unbelievable

If he would like to stay down south , let him no problem for our team , he is easily replaced with young cheaper up and coming players , I can’t knock him as I’m a bit of a fan but he is not a major loss , Sign , Hastings , Adam , Joffa , and along with Appi and Papai just 2 more good solid first graders I think we are well and truly on our way

He’s a starting winger for almost every team in the comp. But his attitude has been poor the last couple of years. Hopefully he comes back better next year, our squad isn’t strong enough to be letting go of talented players. His contract won’t look so bad once the salary cap increases soon.

This from someone who is not one of his biggest fans!

Members online

No members online now.
Back