David Nofoaluma #164

Just can't get my head around why we gave him a 300 thou handshake,when the (supposedly) numerous breach notices would have done it for free
I’ve had to let people go after 3 warnings and there is always a payout involved . If it goes to court for unfair dismissal the time and cost involved is not worth it even though you will most likely win,

It’s easy to turn a blind eye to any good Brooks did, it’s a bit harder with Noffa. When he’s on, he’s probably our number one ball carrier. First and only player in the clubs existence to score 100 try’s and it will be a long time before he will be surpassed. He’s in the record books, and that won’t change. Just a shame it’s turned out the way it has.

Exactly. It’s a real shame he has left the way he has. Didn’t get the sendoff most players of his service & record holding deserves. We did get quality from him for a decent period of his time. In saying that abig chunk of his undoing is on him.

He is gone and all the best to him, he is a quality footy player on his day but doubt those days are ahead of him anymore.

We move on and have an exciting chance to see some new talent forge their NRL careers. Lets hope they nail it.

There is nothing good about sacking a junior, legend, top scorer for the club.
Unfortunately he brought it on himself. With all the changes and such a young team , this was his chance to stand up and be a leader . Instead he came back unfit, was being beaten by the forwards and didn’t want to train. What was the club meant to do. ?

I’ve had to let people go after 3 warnings and there is always a payout involved . If it goes to court for unfair dismissal the time and cost involved is not worth it even though you will most likely win,
As a fulltime employee,surely not a contractor

So let me get this straight... If he's found guilty of three breaches in the space of 12 months he can be sacked and no payout required?

That would be convenient for the club

He been found out the be a shit player. Stop crying and start cheering. For the first time in years there is not one player or coach or administrator I openly dislike. I’m gunna be upset for the team when they loose and happy for them when they win. Looong time since I’ve felt that. Nuffa was the final tumor to be cut out. It’s done. #stoppuntingstartplaying

All the players will be talking about it amongst themselves and the power of Benji.

Hopefully that underscores expectations of them to dig in.

Like any side, nofo has friends but at the same time, the new kids and signings won’t know him too well.

@weststigers link of the discussion is interesting.

Graham said he’s only got limited options at other clubs thanks to existing cattle and that now his reputation is in tatters ( words to that effect).

So prospective purchasers would have reservations. “Doesn’t help his case”.

There is nothing good about sacking a junior, legend, top scorer for the club.
Agree, but sacking Nofa is absolutely awesome! Top try conceder; butterfly catcher; chest beater in warm-ups; star of his own Twitter account; famous for blowing himself kisses on video screens; Ferrari driving tool; and guest of honour at wedding of former Chairman's child. Good riddance.

Thanks.just thought it would be worth the fight,and spend the money more wisely
I guess this is the way he (Richo) rolls. I have missed whether this counts against our cap or not. Either way it frees up a spot and gets rid of distractions moving forward. I’m pretty stoked the way it’s panned out.

Agree.
At his best he ripped in and played well above his size.
Nobody has sung the Wests Tigers victory song with more pride than Nofa.
As you say things started to go downhill fast last season, not his fault some idiot decided to pay him nearly double his true value,
Agree he shouldn’t have been offered that money and length but by accepting you accept the expectations that come with it for mine.

Back