Departing players

HabboTiger

Madge hinted at departing players but was cagey about it.

Who is on the departing list?

ET
Huth (possibly)
Clark
Grant
Marshall
Lawrence
Jennings
Seyfarth
MCK (possibly)

There’s heaps.

Garner (possible)

That is quite a few. And a fair amount of spots to fill

@AnnandaleTiger said in [Departing players](/post/1235122) said:
Garner (possible)

That is quite a few. And a fair amount of spots to fill

Development players will take up a few of those spots, as will Stefano from Parramatta, plus Tamou.

Defensive Coach
Madge loves making a statement but can’t have the hard conversations.
It’s Called deflecting the conversation about the performance tonight.
Short press conference ???
Departing players well it comes back to also who you can attract to strengthen the squad?
Players not off contract on big $ will still be here next season, feel sorry for a few on much less that have given much more!!

Grant being all lovey with the storm players, posing for photos etc after the game made me feel kinda empty

I hope nobody seriously thinks we have a chance at retaining him

As for the players departing...apart from McIntyre and the huth (he’s surprised me this year), the rest can pack their bags

@Tigerbuck63 said in [Departing players](/post/1235130) said:
Defensive Coach
Madge loves making a statement but can’t have the hard conversations.
It’s Called deflecting the conversation about the performance tonight.
Short press conference ???
Departing players well it comes back to also who you can attract to strengthen the squad?
Players not off contract on big $ will still be here next season, feel sorry for a few on much less that have given much more!!

Agree, managing the salary cap well plays a huge part in team culture and morale.

@Speed2burn said in [Departing players](/post/1235138) said:
Grant being all lovey with the storm players, posing for photos etc after the game made me feel kinda empty

I hope nobody seriously thinks we have a chance at retaining him

As for the players departing...apart from McIntyre and the huth (he’s surprised me this year), the rest can pack their bags

It’s been obvious for at least 6 weeks. It is what it is.

Would assume all the off contract guys except McIntyre will go, and maybe even a few contracted guys.

Normally the club puts an article out saying who won’t be around next season. I would assume they do the same before next weeks game so we can farewell not only Benji and Lawrence but guys like Taylor

@AnnandaleTiger said in [Departing players](/post/1235116) said:
Madge hinted at departing players but was cagey about it.

Who is on the departing list?

The three players responsible for our try assists yesterday. Lot to look forward to, but I must remember we still have Josh and Luke to create.

Would be great if we could offload Garner and Mikaele. Bring in 2 blokes who show some heart. I'd rather Josh Jackson for a season than Garner or Useless Tom. He'd put a bit of steel in our pack.
Mikaele has been a monumental disappointment, he's Jesse Sue Mk2.

Are Development players guaranteed the upgrade to NRL squad or can they be let go? I wonder who of the 4 we have this season we actually would keep if we had a choice.

@Fade-To-Black said in [Departing players](/post/1235316) said:
Would be great if we could offload Garner and Mikaele. Bring in 2 blokes who show some heart. I'd rather Josh Jackson for a season than Garner or Useless Tom. He'd put a bit of steel in our pack.

Totally agree on Mikaele. In attack and defence he doesn’t seem to know how to use his massive frame. I would suggest maybe persisting with him a season or two longer (obviously Madge rates him to be a starting prop yesterday) but he really needs to lift his aggression and desire

@TigerTownSFS said in [Departing players](/post/1235332) said:
@Fade-To-Black said in [Departing players](/post/1235316) said:

Totally agree on Mikaele. In attack and defence he doesn’t seem to know how to use his massive frame. I would suggest maybe persisting with him a season or two longer (obviously Madge rates him to be a starting prop yesterday) but he really needs to lift his aggression and desire

He's just a big pillow. Stefano seems to be of similar ilk, we need some hard men in our pack.

@TigerSJ said in [Departing players](/post/1235328) said:
Are Development players guaranteed the upgrade to NRL squad or can they be let go? I wonder who of the 4 we have this season we actually would keep if we had a choice.

On the tigers website it says they’re all contracted for next season so unless they’re let go from their contracts early they’ll be in the top 30

@JoshColeman99 said in [Departing players](/post/1235349) said:

On the tigers website it says they’re all contracted for next season so unless they’re let go from their contracts early they’ll be in the top 30

Thanks JC- just checked the Team list on the Tigers website, it lists Simpkins, Madden, Bradley, Cini, Hoffman all as Development signings and Smith as a full contract expiring this season.
Assuming Smith is not re-signed then we are making way for the 5 Development players plus Stefano and Tamou into our NRL squad. That is 7 spots we have to find correct??

@TigerSJ said in [Departing players](/post/1235359) said:
@JoshColeman99 said in [Departing players](/post/1235349) said:

Thanks JC- just checked the Team list on the Tigers website, it lists Simpkins, Madden, Bradley, Cini, Hoffman all as Development signings and Smith as a full contract expiring this season.
Assuming Smith is not re-signed then we are making way for the 5 Development players plus Stefano and Tamou into our NRL squad. That is 7 spots we have to find correct??

I recall there was comment about it being cheap to pay out the remaining contracts of two development players.

Also Momo - thats 8 players to come into the 30.
We don’t re-sign Grant, Benji, ET, Lawrence, Jennings, Smith, Clark, Seyfarth and McQueen. That’s 9 spots.

Back