Detailed Trial Report

@Tiger Tim said:
@ricksen said:
@Tiger Tim said:
The thing i took out of the trial was attitude. Jack De Belin hits one of our forwards and not one of them does anything. Our forwards are still not aggressive enough and other teams know this and walk all over us. Where is the mongrel.

We were defending at the time, won a penalty and JDB got sent to the bin for 10\. I'd welcome our players copping knocks all night if that were the result.

I disagree. Trials are a time for making a statement for how your going to approach the rest of the year. Letting a forward like De Belin smack you in the mouth and not standing up for yourself would have every other forward pack shaking their heads. Great, we get a penalty and De Belin goes to the bin but without standing up for yourself they keep pushing us around. We had 5 games last year against the Roosters, Bulldogs and Raiders all of whom have big aggressive packs and the combined score was 212 to 60.

We need more toughness and a few hard heads.

Did you see the incident? He barely touched him, and ET was running back to get onside at the time.
The only forward pack shaking their head was the dragons, as they knew they had to work extra hard for the next 10 mins.
Your point about the Roosters etc are irrelevant - we didn't lose those games because they punched someone and we didn't retaliate.

@ricksen said:
@Tiger Tim said:
@ricksen said:
@Tiger Tim said:
The thing i took out of the trial was attitude. Jack De Belin hits one of our forwards and not one of them does anything. Our forwards are still not aggressive enough and other teams know this and walk all over us. Where is the mongrel.

We were defending at the time, won a penalty and JDB got sent to the bin for 10\. I'd welcome our players copping knocks all night if that were the result.

I disagree. Trials are a time for making a statement for how your going to approach the rest of the year. Letting a forward like De Belin smack you in the mouth and not standing up for yourself would have every other forward pack shaking their heads. Great, we get a penalty and De Belin goes to the bin but without standing up for yourself they keep pushing us around. We had 5 games last year against the Roosters, Bulldogs and Raiders all of whom have big aggressive packs and the combined score was 212 to 60.

We need more toughness and a few hard heads.

Did you see the incident? He barely touched him, and ET was running back to get onside at the time.
The only forward pack shaking their head was the dragons, as they knew they had to work extra hard for the next 10 mins.
Your point about the Roosters etc are irrelevant - we didn't lose those games because they punched someone and we didn't retaliate.

My point is we get bullied by other forward packs. Sure it was only a love tap but if a man hits you and you don't stand up for yourself in my eyes its a sign of weakness. Aggressive packs exploit weaknesses as was my point about the Roosters, Bulldogs and Raiders. All of those teams get it over us each year because they don't back down and they smash our forwards. Unless something changes soon we are destined for another disappointing year.

It's nothing to do with responding to punches or stuff like that.
It's us losing the wrestle every week, it's a lack of strength & conditioning, it's poor tackling technique and so on.
It's 2017, games aren't junkyard brawls anymore. These guys all know each other, there's no fear or intimidation. Everyone is a known quantity.

Members online

Back