Did you start supporting the Wests Tigers before the merger or after?

Tacky

Just interested to see how many people have only known the Wests Tigers as one club.

Old man played a couple of games for the maggies in the 70's, so you were with Wests or out of the house…

Before the merger Balmain tigers I went to my first game at leichhardt as a baby in 1960 the old oval shape ground and played in a east to west direction followed the mighty Balmain tigers ever since Len Killeen was my hero

I'd never heard of the West Tigers before the merger but I grew up in Balmain and supported my local team and played in the junior comp.

Magpies from the mid-80s. Have a heap of mates who were Balmain supporters, so it was great for me.

Balmain tiger who suffered the misery of grand final losses in 88 and 89\. But 2005 put that all away for me. I hope my kids get to witness a grand final win sometime soon. I think with ivan we finally have a plan so hopefully good times ahead.

Balmain since late 70's. Was at 88 and 89 grand finals. Balmain tiger's football member and voted yes to merger. WT fan ever since with no regrets at all

I played for the junior Seagulls in the early 90s but then had the opportunity with my school team to have a clinic with Wayne Peace and some other Balmain players and was sold from then on.

@ said:
Whats his name Blaze, if you dont mind?
It was hard to support WTs before the JV….I supported Wests

Don't mind at all mate, always be proud of him, max anderson was his name. Played only one or two first grade games, but was essentially a reserve grader… from what he has told me he didn't get along with warren ryan... gave it up when I was born in 77

My entire family always supported Balmain on my mum's side, my dads mum was a massively Wests fan and would go to watch all three grade religiously. The merge worked well for us but when it happened wasn't that interested for a couple of years but started to get back into it in 2002 and have gone to as many Wests Tigers games as possible since.

Latest posts

Back