Djokovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hugh1954 said in [Djokovic](/post/1521821) said:
What should of happened is that he should have been told that once being banned from entrance ,if he wanted to contest the ruling that he needed to wait a court ruling in normal peoples time ,iam sure a normal person doesnt get high courts opened for their convenience on sundays instantly.If that happened earlier he had no option but to board a return flight immediately

Seems fair.

Some of the guys staying in the same immigration 'hotel' have been there for over 7 years.

What should of happened is that he should have been told that once being banned from entrance ,if he wanted to contest the ruling that he needed to wait a court ruling in normal peoples time ,iam sure a normal person doesnt get high courts opened for their convenience on sundays instantly.If that happened earlier he had no option but to board a return flight immediately

Makes it even better than he was sent on his bike.

@gnr4life said in [Djokovic](/post/1521831) said:

Hope they got his bankcard details before he left

@hugh1954 said in [Djokovic](/post/1521832) said:

Well yeah, he’s footing the bill for the appeal. Expensive trip for poor old Novax.

@gnr4life said in [Djokovic](/post/1521833) said:
@hugh1954 said in [Djokovic](/post/1521832) said:

Well yeah, he’s footing the bill for the appeal. Expensive trip for poor old Novax.

Yep those cost probably come to much more than my long service leave payout plus super lol

Man, why is it, when as Aussies we travel to other countries and abide by their rules, yet this peanut comes here and we have to bow to him? Stuff that! This is about respect, and Novak has none for us. Well guess what, you are no different to anyone else. #getvaxxed #novakknobavic

@the-warrior said in [Djokovic](/post/1521835) said:
Man, why is it, when as Aussies we travel to other countries and abide by their rules, yet this peanut comes here and we have to bow to him? Stuff that! This is about respect, and Novak has none for us. Well guess what, you are no different to anyone else. #getvaxxed #novakknobavic

Yes , when in Rome..
I still wonder if the incompetence of Tennis Australia gave Novak a false sense of his own importance?

@twentyforty said in [Djokovic](/post/1521845) said:

Yes , when in Rome..
I still wonder if the incompetence of Tennis Australia gave Novak a false sense of his own importance?

Definitely miscommunication in the process. But, at the end of the day, if Morro never sent him packing, it would be a slap in the face to all of us.

@jedi_tiger said in [Djokovic](/post/1521806) said:
the first judge shoukd have turned him around earlier in the week good to see the correct result. See ya Novak maybe get vaccinated next time

The Federal Circuit Court quashed the original visa cancellation on procedural fairness grounds after the Government lawyers conceded error in the cancellation process. Courts apply the law dispassionately and not at the whim of the government.

The second decision concerned the legality of the minister's decision to cancel Djokovic's visa a second time. The court didn't assess the merits of the cancellation, but rather whether the decision was a lawful exercise of the minister's very broad powers, which to my mind was a no brainer.

Morrison talks about strong borders.

In the meantime Australia allows millions of migrants in over the last few years. Most don't mind migrants but not these numbers. Even many migrants themselves have told me that we need less migration because they are competing against eachother.
Not the strong borders most people have in mind.

But with this decision we have strong borders.

The government taking a line that Djokovic will stimulate anti vaxed feeling seems like they are pleading a weak case peddling to many who felt coerced into vaccination.

Couldn't see this happening anywhere else in the world.

Man, why is it, when as **Aussies we travel to other countries and abide by their rules**, yet this peanut comes here and we have to bow to him? Stuff that! This is about respect, and Novak has none for us. Well guess what, you are no different to anyone else. #getvaxxed #novakknobavic

Might be wrong but aren't Aussies considered poor tourists?

@magpie_magic said in [Djokovic](/post/1521855) said:
Couldn’t see this happening anywhere else in the world.

The rest of the world must be a real mess then. I'm glad I live in Australia. Great decision Australian government. Our country our rules.

@earl said in [Djokovic](/post/1521861) said:
@magpie_magic said in [Djokovic](/post/1521855) said:
Couldn’t see this happening anywhere else in the world.

The rest of the world must be a real mess then. I'm glad I live in Australia. Great decision Australian government. Our country our rules.

Hey, the world is in a mess and Australia is part of it.

Australia was one of the only if not the only country which denied immediate return to born here nationals ostensibly with the argument there was no flights in 2020 for nearly a year. That's what the told my brother at least stranded overseas for nearly a year when really they just were siphoning nationals through hotel quarantine at a snail's pace.

No country dissowns their own like that finally allowing for nationals to return freely on December 1 and 2 weeks later for the dreamlliners to flood our country with migrants on the 15th while the pandemic is still raging.

Interesting rules.
Who cares about a tennis player?

It's a sideshow.

@tv-ted-ellery said in [Djokovic](/post/1521850) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Djokovic](/post/1521806) said:
the first judge shoukd have turned him around earlier in the week good to see the correct result. See ya Novak maybe get vaccinated next time

The Federal Circuit Court quashed the original visa cancellation on procedural fairness grounds after the Government lawyers conceded error in the cancellation process. Courts apply the law dispassionately and not at the whim of the government.

The second decision concerned the legality of the minister's decision to cancel Djokovic's visa a second time. The court didn't assess the merits of the cancellation, but rather whether the decision was a lawful exercise of the minister's very broad powers, which to my mind was a no brainer.

Succinctly put.

So we are a rules based nation except when a minister puts himself above the law.

So the rules are for commoners except when used against a high profile alien to placate us commoners. Always thought that as a Wests fan lol.

Gee, reckon Hawkie must have creamed his pants with that exercise of power.

Went through the process and now leaving, which is good so that the nation's real problems will be back in the (non Murdoch) headlines instead of this distraction.

Again, should not have been given a visa a couple of months ago in the first place.

I live in France and the way this is seen here is that Djoko is a jerk and Australia is right to not make exceptions for him.

@innsaneink said in [Djokovic](/post/1521874) said:
Assassination of the world's best athlete... 50 bullets in Novak's chest: Serb Pres/Drama Queen

I love how they call him the world’s best athlete, he’s a tennis player - yeah he’s fit but world’s best athlete is a stretch.

@tig_prmz said in [Djokovic](/post/1521857) said:
Man, why is it, when as **Aussies we travel to other countries and abide by their rules**, yet this peanut comes here and we have to bow to him? Stuff that! This is about respect, and Novak has none for us. Well guess what, you are no different to anyone else. #getvaxxed #novakknobavic

Might be wrong but aren't Aussies considered poor tourists?

Nup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back