Drama At Wests Tigers

That game was at LO. That is a WT jersey.
Tommy played for Magpies.
It would have been more respectful to at least have an appropriate jersey. That was a sad day on many levels. And for the record I’m an old Balmain Tigers supporter.
Should have been Tommy's family walking out there accepting the jersey, not homeless inspector gadget

I’m not sure who runs the club and second to that ‘just what is does the Wests Tigers club consist of’
Financially speaking we thought that is coming from the 90% shares owned by Wests Ashfield. But where does Wests Magpies come into it? And interestingly there was mention about the Director of Wests Magpies Pty Ltd and specific reference that this is the company responsible for the shared ownership of the 90% shares of Wests Tigers.
What the?

Sounds to me based on his statements that Wests Ashfield are calling all the shot but they aren’t exactly governed to operate that way.
It's real convoluted in my eyes, that's why everything should be opened up and looked at more closely.

I still remember turning on the TV and thinking "who the hell is this guy? He must be a close family member of Tommy. And what is the significance of the WT 7 jersey?" When I found out it was our chairman I was absolutely dumbfounded.
Benji's got a charcoal fedora and 3/4 coat too, hard to tell them apart from the hill.

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
I’m not sure who runs the club and second to that ‘just what is does the Wests Tigers club consist of’
Financially speaking we thought that is coming from the 90% shares owned by Wests Ashfield. But where does Wests Magpies come into it? And interestingly there was mention about the Director of Wests Magpies Pty Ltd and specific reference that this is the company responsible for the shared ownership of the 90% shares of Wests Tigers.
What the?

Sounds to me based on his statements that Wests Ashfield are calling all the shot but they aren’t exactly governed to operate that way.
I don't really know, this is from the Wests Magpies Website.

'As of today, the company Wests Magpies Pty Ltd (which is made up of 33% WSDRLFC
and 66% Holman Barnes Group) are majority owners/shareholders of the Wests Tigers NRL Franchise.'

Sounds like Wests Magpies own the 90% and wests ashfield (holmanbarnes) own 66% of Wests Magpies.

Best way to conclude his pettiness in the whole thing....
Just in case anyone missed it... Not only that, He broadcast like anyone cares....

I note one of his "issues" is the colouring of the Jerseys in the Magpies Lower Grades,
I can only assume this means they may have a Wests Tiger on them - Or some orange, Or some such...

The Balmain not having a meeting thing - But still having an appointed board member is about the only thing I'd take issue with from a WT's viewpoint.... Even then, It's an incredible stretch, How they wouldn't have held a meeting for years is the thing that blows my mind - Although, It's Balmain - Nothing would surprise me really...

If the Magpies want to remove one of their members from the WT's board, And replace them with someone else - Or if the Magpies appoint someone to run the show, I wouldn't think that would have much to do with Pascoe or Lee... The Magpies own (all but) the WT's.

Seems he's sided up with Balmain Mick and didn't want him moved...
And there seems to be a bit of distaste around the Magpies fans with Rick Wayde - I don't care to know why, He seems to care as much as anyone about the club, And probably done more than most....
Just eating their own as usual.

Like I said, Just another dickhead starting fights were there is no fight - Agitating...
I would suggest he finds something better to do with his time than whine about the Colours of Wests Tigers junior clubs jerseys and the cost of getting into a reserve grade games....
You haven't got a clue.

What the?

I’m not even sure I know who the coach is?

I don't really know, this is from the Wests Magpies Website.

'As of today, the company Wests Magpies Pty Ltd (which is made up of 33% WSDRLFC
and 66% Holman Barnes Group) are majority owners/shareholders of the Wests Tigers NRL Franchise.'

Sounds like Wests Magpies own the 90% and wests ashfield (holmanbarnes) own 66% of Wests Magpies.
What happened to the other 1%?

Is Wests Ashfield the same as Holman Barnes group?
Is that the club rebranding?

What happened to the other 1%?

Is Wests Ashfield the same as Holman Barnes group?
Is that the club rebranding?
Yes Holman Barnes is the re-branded Wests Ashfield. Wests Magpies Pty Ltd as an entity has 3 shares - 2 are owned by Holman Barnes and 1 is owned by WSDRLFC. Wests Magpies Pty Ltd owns the 90% share of WT. Wests Tigers Rugby League Football Pty Ltd owns the NRL licence. Because Wests Tigers is a Pty Ltd entity members have no voting rights. Its just one great wormhole that is set up tighter than a fishes a$#@hole.

I just summarised his statement for ya...

No you didn't - you just made unfounded cynical remarks.

"Hates old magpies players being removed by Wests Magpies from the board
Hates orange on Wests Magpies junior jerseys
Hates paying entry fees for games he more than likely doesn't attend anyways...."

On the first point he questioned how Mick Lubinskas was removed from the board and replaced by Julie Romero when no vote had taken place to do so.
2nd point - where does he mention about orange on the jerseys
3rd point - you know nothing about Shannon Cavanagh - the guy gives up a great deal of his time as a volunteer on home game days for Wests. As a paid member he is entitled to free entry to all Wests Magpies home games. He is one of the first at the ground and one of the last to leave. He also attends away games. He is pointing out that although that entitlement to free entry has been suspended he stills remains a director of Wests Magpies. Much the same as that poonce Pascoe remained CEO even though he was suspended.

You haven't got a clue.
No you didn't - you just made unfounded cynical remarks.

"Hates old magpies players being removed by Wests Magpies from the board
Hates orange on Wests Magpies junior jerseys
Hates paying entry fees for games he more than likely doesn't attend anyways...."

On the first point he questioned how Mick Lubinskas was removed from the board and replaced by Julie Romero when no vote had taken place to do so.
2nd point - where does he mention about orange on the jerseys
3rd point - you know nothing about Shannon Cavanagh - the guy gives up a great deal of his time as a volunteer on home game days for Wests. As a paid member he is entitled to free entry to all Wests Magpies home games. He is one of the first at the ground and one of the last to leave. He also attends away games. He is pointing out that although that entitlement to free entry has been suspended he stills remains a director of Wests Magpies. Much the same as that poonce Pascoe remained CEO even though he was suspended.
@diedpretty Well said. You beat me to it with regards to @batboy ridiculous rant.

Should have been Tommy's family walking out there accepting the jersey, not homeless inspector gadget
I emailed Lee on the monday after this happened. I was disgusted. He said to me that Tommy's family asked him to accept the jersey on their behalf and walk it out. I'm not sure whether this is true or not. He could have respectfully declined and offered to reach out to one of his old mates (Boyd, Dorahy, Cooper or O'Grady) to accept it. Im sure the family would have been wrapped in this offer.

Yes Holman Barnes is the re-branded Wests Ashfield. Wests Magpies Pty Ltd as an entity has 3 shares - 2 are owned by Holman Barnes and 1 is owned by WSDRLFC. Wests Magpies Pty Ltd owns the 90% share of WT. Wests Tigers Rugby League Football Pty Ltd owns the NRL licence. Because Wests Tigers is a Pty Ltd entity members have no voting rights. It’s just one great wormhole that is set up tighter than a fishes a$#@hole.
Thanks for the detail.

So why is the Wests Tigers board made up of Wests Ashfield board members, 2 Balmain and independents but not Wests Magpies or WSDRLFC board members?

And another one if you haven’t already responded.
Why are there 3 shares in a ‘joint’ venture?

Reactions: BZN
Thanks for the detail.

So why is the Wests Tigers board made up of Wests Ashfield board members, 2 Balmain and independents but not Wests Magpies or WSDRLFC board members?

And another one if you haven’t already responded.
Why are there 3 shares in a ‘joint’ venture?
West's Magpies do get 1 board member that they select. That was part of the stink. Mick Lubinskas was the Magpies representative but he was removed and replaced by a West's Ashfield puppet in Julie Romero. WT notified ASIC of the board change but allegedly lied about a meeting where the vote to do so took place.

It's not 3 shares in the joint venture. It's 3 shares in the West's Magpies Pty Ltd which was setup as the controlling body of West's 90% share of WT. The Mafia couldn't do a better job of concealing who owns what.

I emailed Lee on the monday after this happened. I was disgusted. He said to me that Tommy's family asked him to accept the jersey on their behalf and walk it out. I'm not sure whether this is true or not. He could have respectfully declined and offered to reach out to one of his old mates (Boyd, Dorahy, Cooper or O'Grady) to accept it. Im sure the family would have been wrapped in this offer.
If he's being honest I take it back, if it was the families wishes then they are the priority.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back