Dwyer won't play again until at least 2013

PaulDywer1: Simon Dwyer had his nerve test and all went well. Results for test won't be known until next Thursday.
36 minutes ago

@Yossarian said:
@clokan said:
@The Tooth said:
To think it all came from a bad dummy half pass from the Bulldogs. Was it Ennis?

LOL, can Ennis ever get a break on this forum?

Short answer - no. The guy is a tool and deserves everything he cops. You can throw Steve Matai in that category too.

Not the time or the place for this.

Its terrible news and i hope for the best possible outcome for Simon, which I know will be playing for his team again.

@LaT said:
PaulDywer1: Simon Dwyer had his nerve test and all went well. Results for test won't be known until next Thursday.
36 minutes ago

Well that sounds a bit more promising. You'd think they'd get some rough indication about how things were looking during the test. Best thing for SD is that he has time on his side - he just needs to do what he needs to do to get himself back to full health and then worry about the football after that.

RLW article this weeks states he may never play again. Loss of feelings in arm and nerve damage. Page 5.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Tim Sheens on the ABC has said Simon Dwyer could be sidelined for 18 months. #rugbyleague #NRL
Twitter for iPhone • 24/07/11 12:57 PM
Retweeted by LeagueFreak
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@russelldp said:
Tim Sheens on the ABC has said Simon Dwyer could be sidelined for 18 months. #rugbyleague #NRL
Twitter for iPhone • 24/07/11 12:57 PM
Retweeted by LeagueFreak
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Sheens also said, he could wake up tomorrow and having the feeling back in his arm. The gist of it was, it was a wait and see situation. Test results back next Thursday should shed some light on the situation.

i hope he comes back. he definately has potential to be a state of origin player in the future. i am wondering though if he does come back if he will have the confidence to use his shoulders again to smash people

His dad posted this on twitter this morning.

Simon is at appointment for his results. "D-Day"

Guess we should have some news on his future this arvo.

Hoping for good news!! Realistically i would be wrapped if we saw him at all next year.

Get better soon Simon!
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Any news on our starting backrower and future Nsw and Australian rep ???
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

If you do your research you will find that it is a very serious injury . I dont want to bring a downer into this subject but, Simon will be lucky to have normal use of his arm ,let alone be fit enough to play top line league again..

Ps If he does manage to get back on the field it would and should be classed as one the gretest comebacks ever.

Here's Hoping ….

Members online

Back