Farah, Woods and Richards quarantined: boils

@Fraze23 said:
I'm pretty sure that's what kept Jason Cayless out for weeks when he was with us. Boils on the groin.

He never played another game after getting the boils,hope our treatment has improved.

Must be painful for the guys but hopefully they're right to go on Sunday, still a few days to get the anti biotics into them.

This is just [This word has been automatically removed]ing ridiculous. How does this shit constantly happen to us?

Will we ever get to field a healthy team? Better yet 90% of our first choice team? I'm so bloody sick of this shit

When Potter says they expect "three of the four to play", I wonder who the one is that is likely to be out? Hopefully Buchanan (nothing personal Jack - I'm one of your fans)!

@yeti said:
When Potter says they expect "three of the four to play", I wonder who the one is that is likely to be out? Hopefully Buchanan (nothing personal Jack - I'm one of your fans)!

I was hoping the same thing, although I did see on Robbie's facebook page, he mentioned his arm was worse.

The best ever was Jack Wighton injuring his toe on a trampoline.

Or Kidwell tripping over his daughter and busting up his knee.

@Sabre said:
The best ever was Jack Wighton injuring his toe on a trampoline.

Or Kidwell tripping over his daughter and busting up his knee.

How about Timmy Brasher doing an ACL supposedly jumping from a step ladder after cleaning a fan…..but later turned out to be caused by a fall from a dirtbike?

@innsaneink said:
**What did Dugan have last year?? Buttock rash or something?**
\

Why are we the only club that has this sort of bizarre crap happen to us?
>
>
“A few other clubs have also had an outbreak.’’
>

Ive heard commentators say "He has spiders all over him" when defences arent able to contain him….maybe this could work in our favour

![](http://25.media.tumblr.com/7df1f0257cf51e7adb8db7b4fc1f540e/tumblr_mn33j48brh1rg198mo1_400.jpg)

Dugan probably got that as a result of his "close relationship" with Blake Ferguson :confused:

That photo of that chicks' boils looks like a Jamie Soward self-portrait.

What about John Simon standing on a soap-holder after a game, it snapped and left him with an absolutely horrific gash down his leg that kept him out of the game for months IIRC? Or Mark Stimson having a couple of his toes chopped off when a ditch caved in on his foot at work?

Hopefully our boys avoid the Bubonic Plague when it hits later in the season. FFS-we are jinxed I am certain :imp:

Gibbs missing half a season after getting blind and kicking a window was a fair effort.

@Masterton said:
Gibbs missing half a season after getting blind and kicking a window was a fair effort.

No surely not? It was all Sheens and Humpty's fault.

We would probably still have Fifita if Gibbs didnt have a problem with the drink.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

They probably got it when they were over playing in the 9's. Somebody told them to puss off.

It might just be me, but I have never heard of someone getting a sever case of boils….especially not 4 players.

And of those 4 players, 3 are senior experienced guys and the other is expendable to some degree.

Makes me think....wow, what a great way to focus attention off Luke Brooks.......then I read on here that 3 of the 4 are likely to play...

Has Mick been fishing in Sheens cupboard??? If so great distraction.

@BrissieTiger67 said:
Weirdest thing to wake up to and read…boils!?

keeping the theme going though, what about the tennis ball incident with payten or the pre game injection reaction, does anyone remember who that was? moltzen?

Pre game injections gone wrong

We've had a few of them Farah v Souths ,Fulton also, someone else I'm sure

This could be worse than first thought. Staph infections for 5 players, one to be sidelined this weekend. Cronulla players also affected

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

One Wests Tigers player was described as suffering a "serious" infection and was quarantined indefinitely while another was being monitored and had received a heavy dose of antibiotics on Wednesday night as the club waited on the results of staphlycoccus tests.

Skipper Robbie Farah, Aaron Woods, Jack Buchanan and Pat Richards were all reported in the media to have suffered from boils which Wests Tigers officials said was a form of staph but there were concerns for two squad members who chief executive Grant Mayer refused to identify.

"There is one player in particular who has a serious infection but he has been quarantined," Mayer said. "There is a second player we are watching very carefully and he's been given the correct medication and is likely to play. The remaining players will take the field [against St George Illawarra] on Sunday."

Mayer stressed the medical advice he had received was there was no risk of the players who had been infected spreading the infection to their opponents. Wests Tigers are waiting to receive the results of the tests the players took on Thursday.
Advertisement

"Our advice is as long as we have caught it in time there is absolutely no risk of any player passing it on to another [player]. It is of paramount importance for us to ensure the players are safe and no further risk of infection can happen."

The club was not sure where, or how, the outbreak occurred. However, players from Cronulla – who the Tigers played in a pre-season trial had also suffered infections. Five Wests Tigers players have been affected and it was believed the fact the team had a pre-season break last Wednesday may have helped prevent more from being infected.

One concern for the five players who have been affected by the infection was they would not have trained in five days by kick-off and it remains to be seen how that would affect their performance against the Dragons.

Mayer emphasised the players who took the field would pose no risk to anyone.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/wests-tigers-hit-by-staphlycoccus-scare-20140305-347tq.html#ixzz2v5m6e3TI

Wade Graham is out from the Sharks due to the same thing

Latest posts

Back