FITNESS & GYM

@Sausagesorcerer said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103354) said:
Got motivated reading this thread last night
Got on the pushy this morning to ride to work
15km at 4 am
Was tough the first few kms but got easier

All about getting through to your second wind...you do that your usually fine

Until I reinjured me knee back end of 2018 I'd train with the young fellas side and you get through the first 10 minutes your good

@happy_tiger said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103357) said:
@Sausagesorcerer said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103354) said:
Got motivated reading this thread last night
Got on the pushy this morning to ride to work
15km at 4 am
Was tough the first few kms but got easier

All about getting through to your second wind...you do that your usually fine

Until I reinjured me knee back end of 2018 I'd train with the young fellas side and you get through the first 10 minutes your good

Definitely! Almost turned around after 5 mins
I guess it’s somewhat of a mental block

That’s a great way to train.cause it’s most peoples instinct to keep up even if your struggling.you can just keep pushing

Been in the same job for almost 25 years and i dtill aim every day to hit the targets I did 25 years ago .....keep the competitive side alive in you

@happy_tiger said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103362) said:
Been in the same job for almost 25 years and i dtill aim every day to hit the targets I did 25 years ago .....keep the competitive side alive in you

Love that 👌🏽

I've put on 8kg back on for multiple reasons.

Wife used to go to the gym every morning while I was getting ready for work, she's changed tact and joined the sweat app, which has had marked effect on her as she can do it all from home.

She's been cooking all these great dishes which are from the sweat app which are amazing. Haven't eaten so much quinoa in my life, but the meals make it good. I've lost a couple of kilos just by eating right and pretty much only eating red meat once a week. Still yet to get back into my cardio routine properly as the smoke and heat in the mountains has been ridiculous, and then it started pissing down.

Don't do weights as resistance training and a dilated aorta don't do well together.

@Cultured_Bogan said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103368) said:

Wife used to go to the gym every morning while I was getting ready for work, she's changed tact and joined the sweat app, which has had marked effect on her as she can do it all from home.

She's been cooking all these great dishes which are from the sweat app which are amazing. Haven't eaten so much quinoa in my life, but the meals make it good. I've lost a couple of kilos just by eating right and pretty much only eating red meat once a week. Still yet to get back into my cardio routine properly as the smoke and heat in the mountains has been ridiculous, and then it started pissing down.

Don't do weights as resistance training and a dilated aorta don't do well together.

Might have to look into the sweat app sounds good
I definitely find that’s most the battle getting things right in the kitchen.also when you and your partner are both motivated it makes it so much better

@Sausagesorcerer said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103373) said:
@Cultured_Bogan said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103368) said:

Might have to look into the sweat app sounds good
I definitely find that’s most the battle getting things right in the kitchen.also when you and your partner are both motivated it makes it so much better

The wife likes it as the routines are mixed. There's core strengthening routines, yoga, squats etc. She's looking really good at the moment (she already did when she was at the gym, but I think the ability to do it from home plus eating better has had an additional marked change in just a few weeks.)

Going to have to look at news way
S of keeping or staying fit

Falling apart physically at the moment ..back ..hips ...shoulders

At 66 i have worked out for 23 years, 7 days a week, one day cardio next day weights.hate to think of my mobility if i hadnt started this so long ago

Remember boys nutrition is key, your wasting yr time working out of your still gonna be drinking soft drink and eating chip n cake etc

@underdog said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103306) said:
If you want it enough lads, you'll do it

I needed to for my kids.

I'm 170cm.

And was 121.5kg in August 2018.

![tia5284198327130040937.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1579434123673-tia5284198327130040937.jpg) ![20190719_231406.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1579434123625-20190719_231406.jpg)

Enough was enough. Did it the hard way, gym, diet, dads, group.

By June 2019 was down to where I needed to be - 71.3 kilos.

![57382309_10158369392131632_1978408802944286720_o.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1579434221150-57382309_10158369392131632_1978408802944286720_o.jpg)

Now sitting around 74 and building muscle. Best Shape I've ever been in, however more goals than ever.

![81022621_10159226680596632_2617315119851372544_o.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1579434247770-81022621_10159226680596632_2617315119851372544_o.jpg)

My biggest regret?

Not doing it ten years ago. Im currently 38.

Outstanding, and inspiring. Well done mate

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103338) said:
@underdog said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103314) said:
For me it was changing my diet, cutting out the skipping of meals, binge-ing, drinking energy drinks, etc.

Back to 3 square high protein melas a day, and three healthy balanced snacks. No more softdrink, etc.

I really had to pull the belt in to lost the weight, and have only really relaxed in the last six months, for maintenance.

2019 was FAT to FIT for me.

2020 is now FIT to STRONG.

What's your diet look like?
Meals wise?

Lots of Protein, try to keep fats and sugars down, but not crazy.

When I first started to lost I had to shock the system, so it was protein shake with banana for brekkie, brown rice and tuna bowl for lunch, and breast chicken, three veg for dinner most days, changing up the chicken for salmon and lean beef some days, and the tuna/brown rice with low fat yoghurt and museli.

three snacks a day either a half decent protein bar (e.g - low carb, low fats) handful of unsalted nuts and fruits, or yoghurt with museli.

ON maintenance I have now relaxed a bit, and brought things like potatoes, white bread, the odd chocolate etc back into the diet that i missed, and no sugar soft drink - as I said above, the tastes changed and I enjoy Coke No Sugar now, when I used to hate it.

The one thing I Still do to this day religiously is track food macros using myfitnesspal and try to keep my day to a ratio of 40:30:40 for Carbs, Fats, Protein - and I keep it honest - e.g if i have a swig of solo from the fridge like i did last night, I put it in the app. Whilst the habits are now build and I enjoy excercise, going to the gym, etc,

Tracking my numbers keeps me in check - If I have a day where my calories blow out by 500 to 1000 over what I've burned, shit happens thats ok, just don't keep having days like that.

The one thing is that the goal setting never stops. I learned from one of the guys I work out with that he focussed only on weight numbers, and when he hit his weight he was depressed, because he hadn't set up another goal. So when I first hit 99.9kegs, I was SO Happy - but I had a good long look at myself, and said - "Welp, Underdog, you're still fat, Can't really run far, whats next?

Next goal was be fit enough to coach my Sons soccer team by February 2019 - and I nailed that.

Numeric goals are still there, but now they are things like "run 5kms in 30 minutes" and lifting goals, numbers of burpees, etc..

@underdog said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103412) said:
@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103338) said:
@underdog said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103314) said:
For me it was changing my diet, cutting out the skipping of meals, binge-ing, drinking energy drinks, etc.

Back to 3 square high protein melas a day, and three healthy balanced snacks. No more softdrink, etc.

I really had to pull the belt in to lost the weight, and have only really relaxed in the last six months, for maintenance.

2019 was FAT to FIT for me.

2020 is now FIT to STRONG.

What's your diet look like?
Meals wise?

Lots of Protein, try to keep fats and sugars down, but not crazy.

When I first started to lost I had to shock the system, so it was protein shake with banana for brekkie, brown rice and tuna bowl for lunch, and breast chicken, three veg for dinner most days, changing up the chicken for salmon and lean beef some days, and the tuna/brown rice with low fat yoghurt and museli.

three snacks a day either a half decent protein bar (e.g - low carb, low fats) handful of unsalted nuts and fruits, or yoghurt with museli.

ON maintenance I have now relaxed a bit, and brought things like potatoes, white bread, the odd chocolate etc back into the diet that i missed, and no sugar soft drink - as I said above, the tastes changed and I enjoy Coke No Sugar now, when I used to hate it.

The one thing I Still do to this day religiously is track food macros using myfitnesspal and try to keep my day to a ratio of 40:30:40 for Carbs, Fats, Protein - and I keep it honest - e.g if i have a swig of solo from the fridge like i did last night, I put it in the app. Whilst the habits are now build and I enjoy excercise, going to the gym, etc,

Tracking my numbers keeps me in check - If I have a day where my calories blow out by 500 to 1000 over what I've burned, shit happens thats ok, just don't keep having days like that.

The one thing is that the goal setting never stops. I learned from one of the guys I work out with that he focussed only on weight numbers, and when he hit his weight he was depressed, because he hadn't set up another goal. So when I first hit 99.9kegs, I was SO Happy - but I had a good long look at myself, and said - "Welp, Underdog, you're still fat, Can't really run far, whats next?

Next goal was be fit enough to coach my Sons soccer team by February 2019 - and I nailed that.

Numeric goals are still there, but now they are things like "run 5kms in 30 minutes" and lifting goals, numbers of burpees, etc..

Amazing brother ...from the Dawg to the DOG

Thanks for the love lads. At the risk of jumping out on anonymity of the forum I just wanted those of you considering making changes, who are just on the fence to go and do it - and to put a real face on it.

It's easy to hear the stories, it's far more powerful to see one.

@underdog said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103464) said:
Thanks for the love lads. At the risk of jumping out on anonymity of the forum I just wanted those of you considering making changes, who are just on the fence to go and do it - and to put a real face on it.

Man really appreciate your contribution.
This is why the thread was started.
Help each other reach our goals.

Your transformation is inspirational.

@underdog said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103464) said:

It's been great watching your journey mate. You must feel 1,000,000% better than before.

Been to 1 footy training session so far. Work and kids are hampering but keen to make it where I can as 112kg is heaviest I've been.
Was giving up footy but my son has signed up and want to play with me when he is old enough. He's 14 atm. Figure it will be better to stay on the park until then.

@Red88_Tiger said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103476) said:
Been to 1 footy training session so far. Work and kids are hampering but keen to make it where I can as 112kg is heaviest I've been.
Was giving up footy but my son has signed up and want to play with me when he is old enough. He's 14 atm. Figure it will be better to stay on the park until then.

Definitely.

Dont be afraid to make it a daily routine.
A walk or run is free and available to all.

@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103246) said:
@hobbo1 said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103235) said:
@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103231) said:
@OzLuke said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103221) said:
@Demps said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103207) said:
@OzLuke said in [FITNESS & GYM](/post/1103204) said:
had no chance this morning to do a run, but when i get home from work tonight it'll be walking the dog for 4k.....

Monday, it's to the gym to do heavy bag and pad work.....

I like this thread.......

My accountability???

I fought last in 2018 at 96 kg....right now I'm 103 and feeling like a fat unmotivated j**k

I'm hoping we can all contribute and just keep it alive to motivate each other, track progress, post workouts, etc.

Lil tigers fitness community.
Get us all on the right path, fighting the good fight.

Hows your diet and nutrition bra?
Got respect for any one that gets in the ring.
I'm a life long boxing fan.

diet and nutrition could be a lot better...it was good leading up to my fight then once I had it I continued training for a while but diet slipped badly. Could never get it back. Shift work and commitments for the kids made excuses easy.

Looked in the mirror and was fairly unimpressed with what I saw. Missus had an anniversary reminder come up on her facebook and she mentioned "geez how fit were you!!" and that summed my slide up.

Now I'm back into training and trying to get my diet and nutrition sorted. Training is the easy part, it's the food I struggle with. Any and all advice is welcome from me.

Boxing is the best!!! One of my mates runs the Sydney Fight League and I'm now always at the fights.....one coming up at Paddington RSL and I can't wait!!!

Man, shift worker here too.
Its a struggle but at least you're putting in the effort.

Diet is always the hard part hey.
I'm enjoying the intermittent fasting and keeping the meal clean as possible and noticing improvement.

My brother is a bodybuilder and did the stage posing stuff a few years back but he works long hours these days and has fallen off track but is back into harder than ever this year.

Today i said....i dont look at the numbers on the scales and just go off by how i look.

One of his trainers is a lady in her 40s who use to be on that 6am aerobics show... he said she says the same thing ?

I just wanna look good and feel good as i get older and I'm about this life.

Speaking of boxing just saw our boy George kombosos is 1 fight away from sealing a deal with Loma. Topix for another thread but massive for him but Loma is the best l ol.

How old are you punk ?
?

I turned 30 last September.
Need to get good practices in place now and get the body optimal for the likely incoming health issues and hormonal issues that come with age.

:::

Spoiler Text

:::

Agree with Hobbo - you're still a pup mate!
But certainly agree that a good active programme will not only hold you in good stead but in fact becomes mandatory if you want to keep a good lifestyle later on.
I'm starting to stare down the barrel of 60... have always been pretty active and naturally lean, but realised about 5 years ago that I was seriously losing strength, having more and more back issues and struggling to play sports. So I included a home gym into our reno' we were doing at the time, put in a smith machine and some other stuff. I like the old school weight routines. Keep in mind that this is for strength, not for body building (a bit difficult at my age!) so I could maintain the active lifestyle.
Agree it can be difficult to keep motivated at home, but I've done the gym member thing as well and for me, I definitely do more with it being accessible all hours.
There is no way I would still be playing sport (have been playing full field soccer the last 15 years or so) had I not set this up. I'm almost at the end of being able to play as major stuff is wearing out and the body can't do what the mind remembers, but I still enjoy the team aspect, we have a couple of grades so I'm not an embarrassment on the field, and it's a great group and good social outlet. There is no doubt that you playing keeps you fit, which I think is the most important aspect in having a healthy lifestyle.
In saying that, it can certainly be easier to stay off the routine rather than get back into it when certain factors disrupt the workouts. The most recent one for me was a broken rib back in September, then an overseas trip and before you know it you've had another month off!
Over the weekend I gave the gym a major spring clean, and hit it for a solid session yesterday - time to get back into the groove for a solid pre-season!

Members online

Back