Fitzy blitzes fans in the proper forum

@Ryan said:
Fitzhenry was ordinary last night. He had two good bomb takes and that was it.

People who are giving him credit for the hit he took from Cross and still holding onto the ball are kidding themselves. Hodgo copped that almost every time he went up to take a kick and I can't remember him ever losing it as a result of the hit. Fitz holds onto it once and everyone is creaming over him…

**He also made an incredibly rookie error as well when he fielded a kick and ran over the sideline. That's the worst things a fullback/winger could do in that position (bar handing it back to the attacking player and letting them score)**.

To be fair, he had no time at all, no space either, it was slippery as and right on the sideline, he was flying, Vuna I think it was was also flying, he saved a try there

Did you expect him to field the ball, stop within 2m of touch, evade a flying attacker and then head back infield?

I suggest you look at it again

Sheens did the same thingafter John Morris guided us to a ugly victory over a low side last season. 10 poor showing verses 1 acceptable showing equals a personal victory for Sheens over the fans.He is entitled to have a shot back, as he is right we gave these players (fitzy and morris) plenty. However you would not expect it from First Grade Coach with 600 games under his belt. Shows to me he is under immense pressure.

Ahh Timmy.I'd suggest before you start looking at the performance of us fans (Yes we are fans!), you look at your own performance the last 5 years, or should I say the last 14 years?Personally I dont boo or abuse Fitzhenry, or any player from our club, but most supporters know that there are better options then the Fitz.Most of the frustration expressed towards the Fitz is really frustration towards you and your team selections. But that ok take the pressure off yourself and put it onto one of your players by creating an us vs them thing between the players and the fans.

@Eddie said:
Sheens is kidding saying he had a great game. That is the problem with Fitzhenry. He sets such a low standard that whenever he has a slightly above average game it becomes a great game. For instance some supporters on here will claim he had a great game when he simply does not drop the ball for 80 minutes. He still made 2 or 3 comical errors last night.

Against better sides there is no way we can have Fitzhenry playing in a key position.

Sheens for the first time in living memory has been under the pump from within the club and outside the club for some very average performances. Than he comes up with a pretty scratchy win against a team that was tipped by all and sundry to win the spoon, he than turn the blow torch up on his dis tractors.

Iam afraid nothing has changed, Fitzy is not up to the required standard to play no1 or any other number between 1 and 17.

@Jazza said:
Ahh Timmy.I'd suggest before you start looking at the performance of us fans (Yes we are fans!), you look at your own performance the last 5 years, or should I say the last 14 years?Personally I dont boo or abuse Fitzhenry, or any player from our club, but most supporters know that there are better options then the Fitz.Most of the frustration expressed towards the Fitz is really frustration towards you and your team selections. But that ok take the pressure off yourself and put it onto one of your players by creating an us vs them thing between the players and the fans.

Couldnt agree more Fitzy dosent pick himself and i am sure he knows he shouldnt be in the 17.Tim you are the one that keeps on perpetuating the same mistake.I thought Fitzy had an ok 2nd half last night for the only time this year, he is not first grade standard and depriving younger players who need to be blooded

This article was aimed at this forum. The club reads what is posted here, and the continual Fitzy bashing threads were always going to attract attention…So the club waits until the scapegoat has a good game, and then an article like this appears, which is gets another reaction out of us. It's not the first time it has happened and won't be the last.

I will be waiting for coach 0&4's comments in around 3weeks not after a win against a reserve grade side!

@willow said:
**This article was aimed at this forum**. The club reads what is posted here, and the continual Fitzy bashing threads were always going to attract attention…So the club waits until the scapegoat has a good game, and then an article like this appears, which is gets another reaction out of us. It's not the first time it has happened and won't be the last.

How do you know?

Continual Fitzy bashing threads

Not really

Fitzhenry had a good game last night.. But sheens really thinks that's then how you evaluate every other performance of his?? Sounds like sheens logic to me
The thing is, the supporters were screaming from the start of last season for the fullback/ half combo that he only picked in the dying stages.. Did it work? Hell yeah. His arrogance cost us a finals berth. So, the supporters were right, sheens wrong. Maybe he should start listening to supporters every now and then.

are 'fans' supposed to follow blindly and never question, doubt, or criticise anything??? ridiculous really.

as mentioned previously sheen's said something similar when fans weren't happy with morris at half back. nothing personal against morris but it was not working for 2 years. which sheens did acknowedge by letting him go… did he lose his faith?

same with fitzy, nothing personal but he's not great. had a decent game last night but overall is average at best, would never make a rep side, no other club is desperate to recruit, and hey, if he was that fantastic we wouldn't have let him go to the uk in the first place... maybe sheen's is a 'so-called fan'?

sheens = hyprocrite.

when the next bye is on, wests-tigers have an open day and supporters/forum members and coaching staff can resolve this. more than likely it will end in agree to dis-agree. both sides put forward what they see is an issue, and have one of the " immortals" and a independant person there as a mediator.
it will not be intended to be a witch hunt, or scapegoat situation.
no player is to bear the brunt and anger/frustration of the supporters.
just people expressing their views of how we can see the club we love- wests-tigers, be a dominant force.

I've never been a Fitzy fan…..argued for years that he was ordinary.

When he got signed I was scratching my head.

But he has come in handy,and playing him at FB was a masterstroke.

I will go even further and say on form he would have caught that bomb against the Rorters and we would have won.

Cant believe I am rapping Fitz but well done....and peeps baggin him over that miss,please get a grip.He got stepped in the rain by a player at full pace while he was standing pretty much still in front of him.

@innsaneink said:
@Ryan said:
Fitzhenry was ordinary last night. He had two good bomb takes and that was it.

People who are giving him credit for the hit he took from Cross and still holding onto the ball are kidding themselves. Hodgo copped that almost every time he went up to take a kick and I can't remember him ever losing it as a result of the hit. Fitz holds onto it once and everyone is creaming over him…

**He also made an incredibly rookie error as well when he fielded a kick and ran over the sideline. That's the worst things a fullback/winger could do in that position (bar handing it back to the attacking player and letting them score)**.

To be fair, he had no time at all, no space either, it was slippery as and right on the sideline, he was flying, Vuna I think it was was also flying, he saved a try there

Did you expect him to field the ball, stop within 2m of touch, evade a flying attacker and then head back infield?

I suggest you look at it again

I agree with Ink.

I can't believe the media would say that Fitzy is being called "Tim Sheens' lovechild". That was a strange article.

@Tigerdazz said:
@alexaki said:
I really miss the FWO fan club!…where are you???

Their banner is back from the UK…...who has it now.....Simon ???

I think Kul has it but I haven't seen it at the games…

Latest posts

Back