Fitzy blitzes fans in the proper forum

Andrew

Fitzy blitzes fans in the proper forum

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/05/22/2906583.htm?site=news

Rugby league fans on forums can be harsher than judges on reality TV, but Wests Tigers veteran Daniel Fitzhenry is targeted more than almost any other player in the NRL.

Even when he was a premiership player at the Tigers in 2005, Fitzhenry copped a pasting from supporters, and things have only gotten worse this season since he returned from the English Super League.

Every week on Tigers websites he is blasted as "pathetic" and belittled as being Tim Sheens's "love child".

But as his match-winning performance against Newcastle on Friday night would attest, he has always been a class act.

Despite the constant hate mail he receives on the net, the backline utility has played more than 100 first grade games and in atrocious conditions at EnergyAustralia Stadium, played a courageous role at full-back in a make-or-break game for the Tigers.

In pouring rain and driving wind, Fitzhenry had the toughest job of all at the back.

He defused of a number of towering kicks that saved his side from a fifth straight defeat.

"I don't read the forums, there's always someone who's got something bad to say about me," he said.

"I think everyone goes through that. But I just do my job and I feel like I'm part of the team and that's it. I don't read them so I don't really care.

"(The weather on Friday night) was just one of those things. The ball is going to be slippery and they're going to test you out. You've just got to do your best, I was lucky it went my way.

"Taking some of those kicks was important. I drop the ball there and they get another set on our line."

Sheens said supporters who continually attack Fitzhenry were put to shame as the makeshift number one lodged in his claim for a permanent posting at full-back.

"Fitzhenry had a great game at the back, he's been criticised heavily amongst fans, who call themselves fans. They give him plenty, but you try and catch a ball in that (Friday's conditions), he did great," Sheens said.

"Fitzhenry took a ball there that I don't think too many would, one of those high balls with the wind behind the kicker. It was a screamer and he swallowed it."

After two years with Hull KR in England, Fitzhenry returned to Tigertown hoping his experience could help Wests to its first final series since 2005.

Rumours during the week suggested Canberra were interested in his services for next year, but Fitzhenry said he has not spoken to anyone.

He is hoping the Tigers have now put their embarrassing loss to South Sydney behind them and, whether it is at full-back or elsewhere, the 30-year-old is determined to see Wests build together back-to-back wins.

"Especially at this time of year. If you want to make a run to the semis, you've got to start getting back to back wins," he said.
\
\
\
\
Shame on you guys :laughing:

**Fitzy blitzes fans in the proper forum**

let's not get carried away….

**EDITED BY MODS**

After reading the above article, I believe we should lay off Fitzy a bit ! Everyone was against him coming back to our team for some reason, I always thought he was a pretty good winger, I know that was years ago, but in fairness he did a great job at fullback last night, and maybe we should leave him there, and give the guy a break !

**Sheens said supporters who continually attack Fitzhenry were put to shame as the makeshift number one lodged in his claim for a permanent posting at full-back.\
\
"Fitzhenry had a great game at the back, he's been criticised heavily amongst fans, who call themselves fans. They give him plenty, but you try and catch a ball in that (Friday's conditions), he did great," Sheens said.**

Well there you go, the team backine next week will NOT change…

1\. Daniel " He did great" Fitzhenry
2.Lote Tuqiri
3.Geoff Daniella
4.Chris Lawrence
5\. Beau Ryan

6\. Marshall
7\. Lui

i want to tell sheens something

real fans who have stuck with this club through years of underperforming have the right to be critical, and if you sheens had the balls to make tough decions in your career maybe you would have more then 1 final appearence in your last 13 seasons of coaching.

Us so called fans have put up with your crap for so long i dont think you should be calling any WT fans "so called" fans. We only want a successful team to follow is that to much to ask? we only want the best suitable players picked each week, not your little pets who dont aim up week after week, you want to call us out for not being true fans because we critisise fitzhenry, who week in week out under performs, in fact i dont even know if he does under perform, maybe thats the best he can do which isnt good enough for FG.

But go ahead call out the fans for not being supportive of a mediocre player, mean while you keep turning a blind eye to glaring troubles in this club that you cant fix because you dont want to upset your mates in the team, you should be so grateful that this team is so well supported in sydney and around the country despite years of failure and calling us fans out as not being true supporters is a slap in the face and shows that you dont actually give 2 craps about the fans who are well overdue for some results on the field

WT fans arent fickle, we show up to games no matter how crap we play unlike sharks fans parra fans and panthers fans, so i think you should pull your head in especially only one week after the worst display by any team youve coached and start getting results on the field something you have failed to do year after year. so next time you call out us "so called" fans for being critical just remember your record over the last 12 years and maybe just maybe we know what we are talking about

That was his best game since 2005 and he gets an article and Sheens is now thinking about him at FB?

@hybrid_tiger said:
Haha.

How pathetic. Guess I'm not a fan then, despite forking out over $300 for a membership.

News to me, thanks Tim.

if you criticize the club you aren't a fan according to the wests tigers.

Taking that into account Simon is the only wests tigers fan inthe world

Great game to the Fitz. He should only get better as the season goes on. He has played an important key role for this squad with so many injuries hitting the team so early in the year. But his experience is what stopped the WT from losing their 5th straight.

Fitzhenry did have a good game last night, BUT
One good game and he cements his spot at fullback….Holy Moses.
Doing the maths thats about 1 out of 100.
He's thirty!!! Most probably on the downward slide.

Lets wait and see how he goes against a team that is a contender in 2010 and not a also ran. Okay he was steady last night at the back in difficult conditions but it was the first time this year he has played at anything like the standard required

im not a fitzy fan but kudos to him, last night he played very well.

Sheens said supporters who continually attack Fitzhenry were put to shame as the makeshift number one lodged in his claim for a permanent posting at full-back.

…this scares me.

one good game doesnt make a season, he needs to play like that more consistently. whether he can do that is another story all together.

Why isnt he in origin?
<3

and the media should watch the roosters game

The thing is that he had a great game and not by his performances. It was a real good effort.

The thing is that he has been reasonably good all year but too many posters on here have it in for him so bad that it hurts to admit that he had a good game.

For the record I think we need a better back 3 because I think that these 3 players can make a huge difference to the team and I would like to see Fitzy replaced.

that is a funny article.
when i saw the title i thought no way.they didn't.

oohh yes they did.

i can't believe ct wasn't quoted in that piece .

i want to tell sheens something

real fans who have stuck with this club through years of underperforming have the right to be critical, and if you sheens had the balls to make tough decions in your career maybe you would have more then 1 final appearence in your last 13 seasons of coaching.

Us so called fans have put up with your crap for so long i dont think you should be calling any WT fans "so called" fans. We only want a successful team to follow is that to much to ask? we only want the best suitable players picked each week, not your little pets who dont aim up week after week, you want to call us out for not being true fans because we critisise fitzhenry, who week in week out under performs, in fact i dont even know if he does under perform, maybe thats the best he can do which isnt good enough for FG.

But go ahead call out the fans for not being supportive of a mediocre player, mean while you keep turning a blind eye to glaring troubles in this club that you cant fix because you dont want to upset your mates in the team, you should be so grateful that this team is so well supported in sydney and around the country despite years of failure and calling us fans out as not being true supporters is a slap in the face and shows that you dont actually give 2 craps about the fans who are well overdue for some results on the field

WT fans arent fickle, we show up to games no matter how crap we play unlike sharks fans parra fans and panthers fans, so i think you should pull your head in especially only one week after the worst display by any team youve coached and start getting results on the field something you have failed to do year after year. so next time you call out us "so called" fans for being critical just remember your record over the last 12 years and maybe just maybe we know what we ar talking about

Back