Food thread

Papacito

G'day @Papacito Do you know anything about the Weber probes you stick in the meat that send a message to your mobile Weber app when the steak is cooked the way you want it rare, med, well done.
G'day @Magpie1969 - I don't have the Weber ones. I did have some Kogan probes which I used for low and slow cooking over coals (the missus wasn't happy when the alarm woke us at 3am to say our pork was getting too hot).

For steak, just Google "finger test". It's a pretty good way to figure out how well cooked the steak is.

Merlot

Buttface-devils on horse back,oysters wrapped in bacon,best cooked fast on a bbq. vegie oil best .i keep picturing you n your bacon-HomerSimpson esque skipping across chocolate land,uuuaaarrrrgggghhhh ,lol

Buttface

Buttface-devils on horse back,oysters wrapped in bacon,best cooked fast on a bbq. vegie oil best .i keep picturing you n your bacon-HomerSimpson esque skipping across chocolate land,uuuaaarrrrgggghhhh ,lol
Hand in hand with my main man Homer.
You know he’s a tigers supporter?
And yes UGH!

BZN

G'day @Magpie1969 - I don't have the Weber ones. I did have some Kogan probes which I used for low and slow cooking over coals (the missus wasn't happy when the alarm woke us at 3am to say our pork was getting too hot).

For steak, just Google "finger test". It's a pretty good way to figure out how well cooked the steak is.
Thanks for that @Papacito
The finger test it is then :)
3am...bugger that...I can think of better things to be doing ;) than checking the BBQ...like sleep 💤💤💤
To old now :confused: for other goodies :giggle:

BZN

Lamb sausages are amazing on some mash caramelized onions and a glass of red for dinner

Are you in Sydney ?
Sounds amazing. Not in Sydney now , moooved to the Upper Hunter Valley region 15 years ago.
Any tips for a good feed of lamb sausages around Taree/ Forster?

Tiger_Fanatic3

Sounds amazing. Not in Sydney now , moooved to the Upper Hunter Valley region 15 years ago.
I took the mrs to The Sicilian up in Forster few years back mate.
Italian restaurant and surrounded with good vibes, and ocean backdrop.
The food is top notch
They cater breakfast, lunch, dessert etc
Worth a try !

Reactions: BZN

BZN

I took the mrs to The Sicilian up in Forster few years back mate.
Italian restaurant and surrounded with good vibes, and ocean backdrop.
The food is top notch
They cater breakfast, lunch, dessert etc
Worth a try !
Thanks for that recommendation TF3
I'll check it out and if I go I'll let you know on here.
For quite a while now I've :unsure: a meal at KFC was about the limit of my budget :rolleyes:

Odessa

No sorry have not been up that way in awhile but I remember something about a famous butcher up that way but there must be a pub with some lamb sausages around your area

Reactions: BZN

Pascoes_barber

With a name like sausages orcerer, I would have thought you would have jumped on this spruiking the delights of sausages, particularly of the bbq type :love:...my mouth is watering just thinking about them...in fact...:unsure:... I might just duck down to Bunnings now :ROFLMAO:.
Jamie agrees

1654161470321.gif

Don’t skimp on the hog anus.

BAGNF05

D

Don’t google that in a public location/library etc

BZN

No sorry have not been up that way in awhile but I remember something about a famous butcher up that way but there must be a pub with some lamb sausages around your area
Thanks @Odessa I'll do a butcher crawl tomorrow in search of the finest lamb sausages so I can fire up the bbq after I brush the cobwebs off.

Cobarcats

Staff member
Forum Leader
Demps was kind enough to share one of his fav Lebanese Kebab recipes, it looked amazing on YouTube so I just had to have a go......it turned out like a train wreck.
My cooking sucks sometimes, it really looks like a massacre.
It tastes awesome though, pity I had to eat it with a spoon 🤣