GALLOWAY LEADS THE WAY ON SANDHILLS RUN

Danos

**GALLOWAY LEADS THE WAY ON SANDHILLS RUN
By Wayne Cousins
23/11/2010 3:52:19 PM**
>
Wests Tigers prop Keith Galloway has wasted little time in preparing for a big season in 2011 following an impressive performance at Wanda Sandhills on Saturday.
>
More than 80 players from the Wests Tigers NRL and NYC squads, along with NSW State Cup players from Balmain and Wests, were put through the gruelling task of climbing the punishing sandhills as well as undergoing some tackling and wrestling wor.
>
The 108kg Galloway was the pick of the crop during the two hour session in warm conditions.
>
>
![](http://img.nrl.sportal.com.au/site/_content/image/00009846-image.jpg)
>
>
Watching their every step and shouting orders were Wests Tigers High Performance Manager Steve Folkes and the club’s NRL Strength and Conditioning Co-ordinator Sean Burns.
>
“The Wanda Sandhills session was designed to be physically and mentally tough,’’ Burns said.
>
“Keith turned in an excellent effort. He set the pace from the outset and his performance was outstanding given the weight he was dragging through the sand.
>
“Beau Ryan was the pick of the backs. Geoff Daniela and Simon Dywer turned in the best wrestling performances.
>
“The session was a great opportunity for players across all grades to bond together and work hard.”
>
http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=32111&galloway-leads-the-way-on-sandhills-run

Very impressive performance from the big fella. He is "Chubbs" no more. And btw I'm loving the effort that the WT official website is putting in over the off season.. in the past the website has pretty much gone dark between October and February, but it seems like the club really intends to keep the fans in the loop this time around.

Beau Ryan? That seems kinda wierd lol.

Jokes apart, fantastic effort from the WT officials and website operators to keep fans informed in the off-season. And take a bow Mr. Folkes. Hope he is given the assistant coaching position in 2011.

@tig_prmz said:
Beau Ryan? That seems kinda wierd lol..

How so, he is often quoted by the coaching staff as the fittest player at the club and usually tops the beep/yo-yo test in the pre-season each year.

@Danos said:
@tig_prmz said:
Beau Ryan? That seems kinda wierd lol..

How so, he is often quoted by the coaching staff as the fittest player at the club and usually tops the beep/yo-yo test in the pre-season each year.

Exactly, Ryan might be one of the slower wingers out there but he'll go all day and has excellent endurance and cardio, at the expense of outright speed unfortunately.

Wow never knew that so I guess I take that comment back but I was really surprised with him.

Excellent about Beau, he knows he needs to work hard to stay in the team which is most important.

There are lots of new photos of the boys training on the sandhills in the WT photo gallery.

I'm sure someone with more expertise than I have (that would be - everyone) could download them.

And, WOW, Neil Begovich looks massive!

Gibbs did not run due to a knee injury - if he had I am sure he would have been up there with Keith!

He is having surgery on tuesday to clean-out the knee.

Back