Getting sick of James Hooper

@ said:
Pretty poor tweet by another bandwagon idiot journo… These blokes are ruining the game, instead of helping build it.

You ask Rothfilth, it's not his job to promote it apparently.

If , we start to improve as a team and find even a small amount of respect from the RL community( including the media) . The funniest thing will be seeing all the backflips as the media start to acknowledge that we have improved under Cleary.
Any of them who start to write complimentary stories about the team will be welcomed into the sphere of the officially anointed journalists by the forum members. Suddenly they'll go from the Devil incarnate to the best journos in the sport simply because they say nice things about us.
They had better Start with the nicer stories quickly , because there wouldn't be Many ( if any ) who this forum likes, and that sphere of the officially anointed Journos' has become smaller and smaller over the last 4 or 5 years
We have the biggest pack of siege mentality that I've ever seen, the only stories that we think have any merit is ones that compliment us. Maybe it's a conspiracy…...maybe there all ganging up against us,

It's crazy, most of the stories have at least some measure of truth in them .
And we have to admit that we have deserved a lot of them, as we've been run like the local garbage tip at times.
Even a Gus article that appeared recently , had some people here , that previously bagged any thing that Gus said, getting excited about the fact that it was a sympathetic story for WTs.
I can't wait for some of the other journos to be welcomed with open arms when we start to improve, by the same people who denigrate then now.
Yes there are good and bad journos but the world isnt against us . We're not that important.
If we are playing well , and being run more professionally off the field, and being well Coached , then that will be reflected by the media.
As it's been we've mostly deserved all we've got. Hopefully it's on the way up.

Even Hooper might even say we are going well.
I hope not , as there plenty here who would be heartbroken if we don't have a a big Persecution Complex to cling to when something goes wrong.

@ said:
If , we start to improve as a team and find even a small amount of respect from the RL community( including the media) . The funniest thing will be seeing all the backflips as the media start to acknowledge that we have improved under Cleary.
Any of them who start to write complimentary stories about the team will be welcomed into the sphere of the officially anointed journalists by the forum members. Suddenly they'll go from the Devil incarnate to the best journos in the sport simply because they say nice things about us.
They had better Start with the nicer stories quickly , because there wouldn't be Many ( if any ) who this forum likes, and that sphere of the officially anointed Journos' has become smaller and smaller over the last 4 or 5 years
We have the biggest pack of siege mentality that I've ever seen, the only stories that we think have any merit is ones that compliment us. Maybe it's a conspiracy…...maybe there all ganging up against us,

And we have to admit that we have deserved a lot of them, as we've been run like the local garbage tip at times.
Even a Gus article that appeared recently , had some people here , that previously bagged any thing that Gus said, getting excited about the fact that it was a sympathetic story for WTs.
I can't wait for some of the other journos to be welcomed with open arms when we start to improve, by the same people who denigrate then now.
Yes there are good and bad journos but the world isnt against us . We're not that important.
If we are playing well , and being run more professionally off the field, and being well Coached , then that will be reflected by the media.

I hope not , as there plenty here who would be heartbroken if we don't have a a big Persecution Complex to cling to when someone doesn't like us

The club has fans like you who love putting the boot in.

The rest of us have to overcompensate.

There were many times I've disagreed with people's points of view on some things, lots of things, but I agree with most of those posters now. The club has done their best to accomodate a selected few for too long. The thing that bugs me is that the club is in a hole because of mismanagement a few years ago that created a culture of player power. Why is destroying this culture not a good thing in your opinion? Hooper, massoud etc… are trying to whip us while we are down, but we aren't down. On field is steady, off field is looking better than average.

BTW, I'm not judging you as a bad supporter or some other nonsense, I can sympathise with your frustration. I just think you're overly negative in your view.

The way I see it is pretty simple. The club has done it's best to pacify some players who have no integrity or loyalty to the club.

The best thing that Clearly said was the players make these sorts of decisions.

True supporters like myself recognise the facts of the situation and will be at the game letting these things know how we feel about their actions.

@ said:
https://twitter.com/josh_massoud/status/857744205157814272

Hoopers best mate having a dig today

The club signed THREE players this week alone. What a cabbage.

@ said:
@ said:

I hope not , as there plenty here who would be heartbroken if we don't have a a big Persecution Complex to cling to when someone doesn't like us

There were many times I've disagreed with people's points of view on some things, lots of things, but I agree with most of those posters now. The club has done their best to accomodate a selected few for too long. The thing that bugs me is that the club is in a hole because of mismanagement a few years ago that created a culture of player power. Why is destroying this culture not a good thing in your opinion? Hooper, massoud etc… are trying to whip us while we are down, but we aren't down. On field is steady, off field is looking better than average.

BTW, I'm not judging you as a bad supporter or some other nonsense, I can sympathise with your frustration. I just think you're overly negative in your view.

That's fine , but when there's something that I think is good then I'll be positive about it, but I'm not getting into the " theyre all against us" mentality that pervades here" and I'm not running around think ing that everything is rosy.

I've already said that signing Cleary was the best thing that I've seen this club do in a long time, as well though , I think the fact that it took so long to recognise that Taylor didn't have a clue, was the worse thing that I've seen in a long time.
I can remember posting at least 12 months, that the longer Taylor was at this club, the more damage he would do.
IMO, it was because Taylor was kept too long , that Tedesco started to look around,
As being a player under Taylor for two years with no real hopes of things getting better would be enough to make most players consider his future, there was never going to be a line of players coming here to play under Taylor. Thankfully that's changed, better late than never

Honestly who cares what these journo's state. All I care about is on-field results. I accept that on-field results don't happen easily and so long as the club is handling it's own crap as well as possible I'm fine with it.

All the club can do is their best and I think the club is handling things really well now. Clearly is the front for this club now and I think basically everyone recognises how good he has been.

@ said:
Out if interest how does Go arrive at that conclusion?

I do remember Humpty had some marketing company do a survey and it came out that we had one of the largest supporter groups of any of the other Sydney teams.
Maybe one of the long time contributors or one of the mods might be able to verify or correct me if I'm wrong.

Massoud and Hooper are not journalists in any qualitative sense. They are both scandal sheet bottom feeders neither of whom would recognise decent journalism if it bit them on the butt

@ said:
@ said:
I really hate to break it to everyone.
Go's statement is incorrect.
Hooper is right she is delusional.
We are not the most supported team in Sydney.
Not even the most supported team in Western Sydney.
Parramatta is, i stubled across this opinion piece full of FACTs when I was reading up on eels forums to see if there was any news on their side with the Mose release stuff.
Worth the read as it also gives a good indication of how far we have to go to be competing with the top clubs off the field.
http://thecumberlandthrow.com/2017/02/18/why-the-eels-are-the-most-marketable-and-recognized-sporting-identity-in-western-sydney/

As far as competing with ie: Parra goes, whatever happened with their supposed punishment for the proven brown-paper-bag rort of last season with Norman. Seems like that has just magically disappeared, funny that.

I thought the subject was Go spreading BS about the position of the club.
I'm not sure where she pulls out these statements. For a Chair person to be using false statistics says a lot about her. , either she's ignorant about the facts, which she should have a fair knowledge of.
Or she just Lied to suit what she wanted to say not sure what happens to chairmen of Boards when they lie ( and are caught)…..Interesting.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

That's fine , but when there's something that I think is good then I'll be positive about it, but I'm not getting into the " theyre all against us" mentality that pervades here" and I'm not running around think ing that everything is rosy.

I've already said that signing Cleary was the best thing that I've seen this club do in a long time, as well though , I think the fact that it took so long to recognise that Taylor didn't have a clue, was the worse thing that I've seen in a long time.
I can remember posting at least 12 months, that the longer Taylor was at this club, the more damage he would do.
IMO, it was because Taylor was kept too long , that Tedesco started to look around,
As being a player under Taylor for two years with no real hopes of things getting better would be enough to make most players consider his future, there was never going to be a line of players coming here to play under Taylor. Thankfully that's changed, better late than never

Fair enough. Taylor I feel was a good choice for where we were at when he was appointed.

I'm glad we fired him because it looked like we were going to meander through another year.

Personally I don't think the forum is hard enough on these journos. We still get angry at what they write, like a mosquito you can't kill. I think we should just spray aeroguard and pretend they don't exist. It is a passionate subject and I think we've heard enough from these blokes about our perceived shortcomings as a club, if they haven't got anything new to report they deserve everything they cop for being two bit journalists.

@ said:
The way I see it is pretty simple. The club has done it's best to pacify some players who have no integrity or loyalty to the club.

The best thing that Clearly said was the players make these sorts of decisions.

True supporters like myself recognise the facts of the situation and will be at the game letting these things know how we feel about their actions.

Dont start the "true supporters" rubbish Earl I dont agree with just about anything you say but I can tell you now I am a true supporter without fear of a doubt.

@ said:
@ said:

The club signed THREE players this week alone. What a cabbage.

Cabbages at least have nutritional value, that blokes useless.

@ said:
I really hate to break it to everyone.
Go's statement is incorrect.
Hooper is right she is delusional.
We are not the most supported team in Sydney.
Not even the most supported team in Western Sydney.
Parramatta is, i stubled across this opinion piece full of FACTs when I was reading up on eels forums to see if there was any news on their side with the Mose release stuff.
Worth the read as it also gives a good indication of how far we have to go to be competing with the top clubs off the field.
http://thecumberlandthrow.com/2017/02/18/why-the-eels-are-the-most-marketable-and-recognized-sporting-identity-in-western-sydney/

Don't let truth or FACTS be confused with statistics. Check the table below taken from the above link, a survey of the Western Sydney population. If I was Penrith I would be worried. It is however misleading with the Bulldogs and Tigers. For a start, you can bet it did not include most of the Bulldogs territory in their survey. The same with the Tigers. Balmain inner west and Northern suburbs, as well as the old Wests area. That is a lot of supporters not included in the Tigers and Bulldogs supporter base. Go is probably conservative in her figures.

The report found that the Western Sydney teams enjoyed the following amount of supporters across the Western Sydney population:
Team Supporters in Western Suburbs of Sydney
Parramatta Eels 308,419
Wests Tigers 216,480
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 166,419
Penrith Panthers 104,181

@ said:
@ said:

I think he left his run a few weeks too late considering players off contract are not avoiding WT at all.

Indeed!

Massoud, Hooper & Rothfield make Danny Weidler look like a Pulitzer Prize winner!

@ said:
@ said:
Out if interest how does Go arrive at that conclusion?

I do remember Humpty had some marketing company do a survey and it came out that we had one of the largest supporter groups of any of the other Sydney teams.
Maybe one of the long time contributors or one of the mods might be able to verify or correct me if I'm wrong.

Our jersey (sponsorships) was worth the most something or other blah blah

Members online

Back