Getting sick of James Hooper

@ said:
@ said:
I really hate to break it to everyone.
Go's statement is incorrect.
Hooper is right she is delusional.
We are not the most supported team in Sydney.
Not even the most supported team in Western Sydney.
Parramatta is, i stubled across this opinion piece full of FACTs when I was reading up on eels forums to see if there was any news on their side with the Mose release stuff.
Worth the read as it also gives a good indication of how far we have to go to be competing with the top clubs off the field.
http://thecumberlandthrow.com/2017/02/18/why-the-eels-are-the-most-marketable-and-recognized-sporting-identity-in-western-sydney/

Don't let truth or FACTS be confused with statistics. Check the table below taken from the above link, a survey of the Western Sydney population. If I was Penrith I would be worried. It is however misleading with the Bulldogs and Tigers. For a start, you can bet it did not include most of the Bulldogs territory in their survey. The same with the Tigers. Balmain inner west and Northern suburbs, as well as the old Wests area. That is a lot of supporters not included in the Tigers and Bulldogs supporter base. Go is probably conservative in her figures.

The report found that the Western Sydney teams enjoyed the following amount of supporters across the Western Sydney population:
Team Supporters in Western Suburbs of Sydney
Parramatta Eels 308,419
Wests Tigers 216,480
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 166,419
Penrith Panthers 104,181

Yeah, I sort of gave up on that publications facts when they cited only home games played at Homebush to support their claims the Eels have better home crowd averages and then only used 2012 to push their claim.

People are getting very up tight about what the majority of journos are saying about our club. Maybe if we didn't give them so many negative things to write about, we wouldn't be hear whinging about supposedly getting a rough go?

Also, for those saying how much better Brent Read treats us - his desk neighbour at The Australian is Marina Go's husband. Maybe we should remember that whenever he gives us a wrap…...

@ said:
People are getting very up tight about what the majority of journos are saying about our club. Maybe if we didn't give them so many negative things to write about, we wouldn't be hear whinging about supposedly getting a rough go?

Also, for those saying how much better Brent Read treats us - his desk neighbour at The Australian is Marina Go's husband. Maybe we should remember that whenever he gives us a wrap…...

I don't think WT supporters are unaware of the fact that our club has deserved it's fair share of bad press this last 18 months or so.
But we are looking upwards both on the field and off and these two-bit, halfwit journo's are still flogging the club as if we have nothing positive going for us. Good win last weekend…..hell let's write more BS about what a basket case WT are, how badly they have mistreated Tedesco, Moses and Woods etc etc etc.
Barely one word has been written about good things WT are doing both on and off field.
Prime example is this sausage Massoud coming out and stating "no-one wants to go near the WT club" when we have signed 2 reputable players in the last 4 days and a SOO rep in McQueen a few weeks prior. He is just pasting us with negative comments.
We are going better on the field than many clubs ATM and recruiting well for next season and beyond, quality players instead of has-beens yet some bumholes refuse to see any upside in our club.
That is what irks people. Credit where credit is due sometimes.
Where are the relentless stories about Penrith's pathetic start to 2017, the turmoil at Canterbury etc?

@ said:
@ said:

I don't think WT supporters are unaware of the fact that our club has deserved it's fair share of bad press this last 18 months or so.
But we are looking upwards both on the field and off and these two-bit, halfwit journo's are still flogging the club as if we have nothing positive going for us. Good win last weekend…..hell let's write more BS about what a basket case WT are, how badly they have mistreated Tedesco, Moses and Woods etc etc etc.
Barely one word has been written about good things WT are doing both on and off field.
Prime example is this sausage Massoud coming out and stating "no-one wants to go near the WT club" when we have signed 2 reputable players in the last 4 days and a SOO rep in McQueen a few weeks prior. He is just pasting us with negative comments.
We are going better on the field than many clubs ATM and recruiting well for next season and beyond, quality players instead of has-beens yet some bumholes refuse to see any upside in our club.
Where are the relentless stories about Penrith's pathetic start to 2017, the turmoil at Canterbury etc?

Penrith are copping their fair share, Rothfield is smashing them.

To be honest, if any other club had lost its three best players, all of whom were local juniors and two of whom were Origin stars, I think they'd be deservedly copping it, no matter who they've signed as replacements. No doubt Reynolds & Matulino are good quality signings, McQueen questionable, but they only come on the back of losing players as good if not better than them.

We need to get over this Manly-esque siege mentality, driven by our Chair telling people to only read & believe friendly media, and seriously examine where we are as a club. The seeds are there with our coach and some of our current squad for a great future, but we can't simply ignore inconvenient truths.

@ said:
@ said:
I really hate to break it to everyone.
Go's statement is incorrect.
Hooper is right she is delusional.
We are not the most supported team in Sydney.
Not even the most supported team in Western Sydney.
Parramatta is, i stubled across this opinion piece full of FACTs when I was reading up on eels forums to see if there was any news on their side with the Mose release stuff.
Worth the read as it also gives a good indication of how far we have to go to be competing with the top clubs off the field.
http://thecumberlandthrow.com/2017/02/18/why-the-eels-are-the-most-marketable-and-recognized-sporting-identity-in-western-sydney/

Don't let truth or FACTS be confused with statistics. Check the table below taken from the above link, a survey of the Western Sydney population. If I was Penrith I would be worried. It is however misleading with the Bulldogs and Tigers. For a start, you can bet it did not include most of the Bulldogs territory in their survey. The same with the Tigers. Balmain inner west and Northern suburbs, as well as the old Wests area. That is a lot of supporters not included in the Tigers and Bulldogs supporter base. Go is probably conservative in her figures.

The report found that the Western Sydney teams enjoyed the following amount of supporters across the Western Sydney population:
Team Supporters in Western Suburbs of Sydney
Parramatta Eels 308,419
Wests Tigers 216,480
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 166,419
Penrith Panthers 104,181

Your right, I did not conside that this report may only be conducted in the geographical area of western sydney I. E parramatta to blacktown.
In regards to the report the things like total membership (ticketdd) and total fan involvement (social media) don't lie they are based on the data available. Look we are making inroads but suggesting that we have the biggest supporting base or largest number of fans in sydney is a stretch when you consider strongly supported clubs such as South Sydney and St George.
I too would be worried if I was penrith.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Barely one word has been written about good things WT are doing both on andd off field.

To be honest, if any other club had lost its three best players, all of whom were local juniors and two of whom were Origin stars, I think they'd be deservedly copping it, no matter who they've signed as replacements. No doubt Reynolds & Matulino are good quality signings, McQueen questionable, but they only come on the back of losing players as good if not better than them.

We need to get over this Manly-esque siege mentality, driven by our Chair telling people to only read & believe friendly media, and seriously examine where we are as a club. The seeds are there with our coach and some of our current squad for a great future, but we can't simply ignore inconvenient truths.

Exactly , when we can start to get consistent good results both on and off the field the stories will be about success , not massive failures.
Our usual acceptance of mediocrity isn't helped by constantly thinking that the whole world hates us. We've had some years of some ridiculous decisions. And plenty of disasters.
That's Fact for the Princesses , No ones going to give us credit until we earn it, just as we earned the tag of " basket case" for a long time
Our board and admin should shoulder a large part of the blame And should be pushed to improve their performances. As should players And Particularly Coaches.
But we won't completely lose the bad reputation that we have , while we make excuses for those who make created that bad reputation.

You know if we just refused to read or quote Pooper, Slothfield, Kent etc. we'd go most of the way to not being sick of them any more.

I don't buy or read the DT for a very good reason, nor do I watch NRL 360.

People just can't help themselves of course, but personally I never quote those sources.

A little bored with no player signing for us today, so I though I'd have a look at how many twitter followers each club has. See if I could help out Go and prove that we were the most followed Sydney team on twitter. We aren't but not far away coming in as the third most followed Sydney team and sixth overall.

1. Broncos 116K
2. Storm 99.5K
3. Warriors 96.2K
4. Rabbitohs 93.8K
5. Bulldogs 78.8K
6. Wests Tigers 65.3K
7. Cowboys 63.5K
8. Roosters 61.8K
9. Sea Eagles 57.2K
10. Titans 57K
11. Sharks 56.9K
12. Eels 54.2K
13. Raiders 49.5K
14. Dragons 50.8K
15. Panthers 49.2K
16. Knights 49K

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

By the same token, we should absolutely ignore convenient untruths, which are often peddled by the News Ltd shock jocks (not limited to their NRL coverage).

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Out if interest how does Go arrive at that conclusion?

I do remember Humpty had some marketing company do a survey and it came out that we had one of the largest supporter groups of any of the other Sydney teams.
Maybe one of the long time contributors or one of the mods might be able to verify or correct me if I'm wrong.

Our jersey (sponsorships) was worth the most something or other blah blah

Worth more is a lot different to charging more…

Hooper was at the game. Hoodie on and four mates surroundings him at the game and then at th orange grove. Can't wait to
see and read his journalism tmr

Hooper has a 1 on 1 with woods today to talk about his future. Wonder how he earned that. The Moses Mouth

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I'm sure hooper is actually a tigers fan , massod is a drag queens fan

@ said:
If i remember correctly, Hooper is also the one that reported Woods had re-signed early in the season.

He also said Cleary had signed with the Dogs, and we were getting Hasler. This guy has NFI on whats really happening

Hooper might follow our team, but professionally he has let his integrity disappear. He clearly has an axe to grind with a few people or is peddling their agenda. That is journalism ethics 101 out the window.

Members online

Back