Gildart - The Last And Only Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Koloamatangi try, Gildart was in the wrong spot. He should be in line with the second lead runner. As you can see below, he needed to stand around 3m to his right.

Defending in general is all about angles and working them to your advantage. This stuff can be taught. I'm confident that our coaching staff can fix his issues. I mean look at James Roberts. He ran around like a headless chook last year. and now he looks like a seasoned pro in defence.

1650893378571.png

Last edited:
Maybe we can get Momo back? His fan club would be still here, and word is that the Roosters aren't happy with him.....again.

On the Koloamatangi try, Gildart was in the wrong spot. He should be in line with the second lead runner. As you can see below, he needed to stand around 3m to his right.

Defending in general is all about angles and working them to your advantage. This stuff can be taught. I'm confident that our coaching staff can fix his issues. I mean look at James Roberts. He ran around like a headless chook last year. and now he looks like a seasoned pro in defence.

View attachment 839

Good pick up. But also be aware that some teams will do this deliberately (as many I played in) to entice the attack to that spot and provided players on both sides of the gap are good defenders, then its not an issue. It takes the uncertainty of the attack away because you are mentally offering them an option that they almost always take.

Although in this case, I think youre right.

View attachment 839

He was probably homesick and reminiscing about the warm beer and deep fried Mars bars.

View attachment 839
He also turned into Graham too early before he saw where the ball was going, leaving Hastings on his own

Yeah for all his defensive faults atm he does have some potential and is elusive.

At least this way Madge continues the policy of giving guys multiple chances and not playing favorites or abandoning anyone.

And for club unity and culture that is number 1 at the moment.

Hope he adjusts quick.

View attachment 839
Agree, this is an easy fix. What's more concerning is his pace. We haven't got the fastest backs. To'a and Roberts give us speed.

Last edited:
Maybe we can get Momo back? His fan club would be still here, and word is that the Roosters aren't happy with him.....again.
Momo had a shocker the last game but I think that was more the exception than the rule, I still see him as a very smart player.

We could do a lot worse than having him back, especially if we could get him at the right price.

Momo had a shocker the last game but I think that was more the exception than the rule, I still see him as a very smart player.

We could do a lot worse than having him back, especially if we could get him at the right price.
He's had a shocker the last few games....
You're right - We could do a lot worse in getting him back...

We could also do a whole lot better.

He is pretty ordinary. I think Laurie is a massive concern in our spine but Laurie is 100 times the player of Momo.

View attachment 839
He's clearly confusing Super League to NRL 🤔

Momo is not that much better that Gildart.

If guys like Staggs, Lomax, Manu are 9/10, Momo is probably a 5 and Gildart is a 4.

It's a waste of money signing a 5/10 while you still have a 4/10 at your club.

Hope Oliver has been studying videos and working on his defensive issues while Starford has been catching floating bombs all week.

Patience ,he was a class centre with Wigan not exactly a bottom rung club ,he played 3 showed some good attacking skills ,even picked up a dally m point in one game then he got dropped for a couple now back ,I think defensive issues involve positioning and quick reactions and coaching staff can fix this .As long as he plays with heart and gives 100% as that can't be taught

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back